/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Human Hair Wigs

Trying2bbetter
03-27-2014, 05:27 PM
AOA!

I recently read something about "human hair wigs" being haraam on an Islamic website. I'd just like to clarify if that is true here (through any Ayats/Hadith).

More importantly, there are a few organisations that take "donated hair" to make wigs for people suffering from cancer. Human hair is supposed to be really expensive, but good quality as it can be washed & styled normally. Synthetic hair apparently cannot be treated/dyed/styled and doesn't last long either. My own, real hair tend to fall out A LOT. And (although this may sound gross) I started collecting a lot of the good strands in order to donate them. My hair is quite long, and I'm guessing they can even make 2 wigs out of them when I'm able to collect enough (which I will because of the rate of my hair falling out). And it's amazing if people can put this waste to good use.

In light of what I recently read about human hair wigs being "haraam", would it also be haraam for me to donate my hair for this cause? I ask because drinking AND selling alcohol is haraam (to the best of my knowledge). So it would be great if I could find out if donating hair is haraam too - it takes a little while to separate the hair & collect them & stack them together from the roots plus I don't want to do anything haraam.

Thank you! :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!