/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my past life is still following me

Aishath
03-28-2014, 04:14 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum When i came across this forum online I was at a turning point in my life. I had made many bad decisions in the past and Alhamdulillah Allah SWT guided me. However there was something else that had happened. A year before I came across the forums, my parents had found out that I was going down a wrong path and they were both v upset. And I lied a lot to get out of trouble and be sent back to UK. I said I made tawbah and I had changed my ways etc. But it was only a year later that I really did change Alhamdulillah. But I think my parents only sent me back to UK cz they believed my lies and felt I had corrected my behaviour. Hence I continued my education because of those lies in a way.... I feel horrible abt all this now and I'm wondering if I now need to come clean to my parents and explain that I had lied so I wdnt be kept home etc... Or shd I forget abt it now rather than dig up past sins? I mean even if I confess now what good could that do sis? They can't go back in time and not send me to uk .but I'm also scared abt future jobs and income... What if my education isn't halal based on this lie and therfore any jobs I may get? At the same time this could be shaytan trying to trick me too....I just dont know

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
03-28-2014, 04:20 AM
Assalamu Alaykum,

It is a sin to reveal your own sins to other people when Allah has concealed it for you. Don't tell your parents, there is nothing to be gained from it. Your relationship with them would just be damaged. Alhamdulilah, you have changed your ways and that is all that matters.

The point about education not being halal is just a trick of shaytan. Ignore it.

Aishath
03-28-2014, 04:44 AM
JazakAllah Brother. .. I suffer from waswas although it is much better Alhamdulillah.... I still can't shake the feeling though abt my education. My father was ready to keep me at home I heard and if he only changed his mind and continued paying for my education in uk cz he thought I had repented etc, then surely that would affect the halal-ness of my studies? My mind is taking me to such extremes now like how the job I'm in now is based on that education so isn't that questionable? And In Shaa Allah i'm getting married soon to a work colleague and if my education isn't halal for me, then my job wdnt be and now even my nikah is linked back to it. I know this sounds so crazy but it's how I keep imagining it now :( I don't understand how that education won't affect every thing else

Alpha Dude
03-28-2014, 05:02 AM
It would be questionable but since you have asked Allah for forgiveness, it doesn't matter. You don't need to go out of your way to expose your previous sins to your parents to somehow 'make it right'. It's already right. It's just waswas sister. I do remember your problem from your past postings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Aishath
03-28-2014, 05:20 AM
The thing is I never thought about this particular issue of having misled my parents until today. In Shaa Allah I will repent for that too and may Allah forgive me. Is there anything I can do to correct this. After all I don't want to pass on haram earnings to my family :(

Aishath
03-28-2014, 05:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude;n2230787
It would be questionable.
This is the part I am so scared of .

Aishath
03-28-2014, 05:24 AM
And I don't need to tell my future husband about this? Cz I would also be contributing to food etc with my income and I don't want to expose him to anything haram

Alpha Dude
03-28-2014, 07:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aishath;n2230789
This is the part I am so scared of .
Read the full sentence, please: "It would be questionable... but since you have asked Allah for forgiveness, it doesn't matter."

Sister, please relax. It's a non-issue. Your income is not haram. You have repented. There is nothing more to do here. Let it go.

straightpath1
03-31-2014, 03:56 AM
Sincerely repent to Allah and then move on and do not repeat the sin .. Forget abt telling anyone... May Allah forgive u Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!