/* */

PDA

View Full Version : need help plz

straightpath1
03-31-2014, 03:32 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

I had a question regarding one brother who goes to my university. So anyways, two years ago I saw this brother around school. This brother is very practicing MA SHA'ALLAH, I always see him offering his prayers, he seems polite, he does not wear jeans and shirts, instead dresses according to the Sunnah. He is one of the very few brothers at uni who dresses like that. So anyways, two years ago when he first caught my attention, I was not wearing the hijab at the time, however, I would offer all my prayers and he noticed that as well. Alhamdullilah I do wear a hijab now. I have to admit that I love the fact that he is so close to the deen. Everytime, I see him, just looking at him makes me really happy. Also, just to mention he is the president of the MSA. Anyways, my question is that since I first saw this brother two years at uni, I noticed that he would always look at me. He would look at me for a while till he would look away. There are other brothers I noticed at UNI who always look down when they are walking and if they see u, the immediately lower their gaze. But, this particular brother I've noticed, every time he is looking up, and looks DIRECTLY at me for a while. I have noticed this since I first saw him. I do look at him too but now I always look down when I see him and try to avoid directly at him. Since, I noticed him looking at me like that, Im really starting to lose respect for him. I wear the hijab, long black skirt and loose clothes, with no make up and yet he still looks at me.. Is this my fault, do I need to wear a niqab? Will I be held accountable for this ? He is the main person I noticed who looks at me too much. Not like he completely checks me out, but I did notice he looks directly at me all the time. i know that the first glance is okay, but i feel like his glance is not appropriate. I dunno wat to think, am I over-thinking this and being too strict on the brother, will I be held accountable for this ? Also, last week it seemed like he was going to talk to me when I was leaving the library but I got scared and quickly left . I felt I was rude after. I am he seems like a nice guy and I know everyone has faults, but still is there anything good in this man? I dunno I'm really confused. Also, i have to admit I do like him, but if there is no future with him then I dont know why he glances at me like that.. please help thx. I dunno wat to think of this man.. so confused

.. Also, I remember going to some MSA event and other brothers were referring to him as the "Grand Mufti" and in his speech he did sincerely ask forgiveness if he hurt anyone. I do forgive him, but is he a good man ? Is it my fault? Will I be in hell for him staring at me? Am I a trial for him?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Rasulullah (saw) said that the greatest fitnah for men is fitnah of women. But unfortunatelly many Muslims misunderstand it, they assume that the women is fitnah for men. It's not true because what will become fitnah is not the women themselves but the men's desire on women.

Then, are you fitnah for that brother?. No!, the fitnah for him is not you but his own desire on you. So, don't blame youself in this matter. It's not your fault, but his fault. You never try to attract him, don't you?.

However, you should be careful too because this fitnah can be a fitnah for you too if you cannot control yourself and start to respond him. Don't look back at him when he stares at you. Look at other direction, and leave him if you can.

Should you forgive him?. You don't need to angry to him because your anger will disturb your mind.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!