/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Premonition in Islam

ardianto
04-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Today I was drying my laundry and planning to take them on 2.00 PM. However, around 1.30 I got a feeling that I should take my laundry. The weather was sunny enough. I took my laundry and put them in a room. And a minute later rain suddenly fell! although only for few minutes.

I am not surprised if rain fall in sunny day, it's sometime happen in my place. But I was still surprised because rain fell just after I took my laundry. I began to realize that I got firasat (premonition), feeling that something will happen. That's my experience today.

Bro, sis, I make this thread because I want to know further about premonition in Islam. Did Rasulullah Shalallahu Alayhi Wasalam say something about this?. How are ulama's view on this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
04-03-2014, 12:06 PM
:wasalamex brother ardianto.

:ma:, an interesting experience. There is something in Islam known as Firasah, and it is translated using different terms such as intuition etc. I read an article about this which was taken from the work of Ibnul Qayyim (rahimahullah) but I can't find the original site. It seems to be mentioned in the following link though:

http://www.ahlalhdeeth.com/vbe/showthread.php?t=1824

ardianto
04-04-2014, 03:04 PM
JazakAllah Khayr, brother Muhammad. Sorry for late reply.

(Out of topic). I will go to another city for two days. In Shaa Allah, I will write more posts after I am back.

ardianto
04-04-2014, 03:05 PM
One day when I was a kid, a woman who I had never seen came to my house and said he wanted to meet my mother. But I felt something strange when I saw her, I felt this woman had bad intentions though she had not said anything to me. Then I called my mother, who felt wonder because she had never known this woman even though this woman said that she was my mother’s friend.

After that woman gone, my mother told me, that woman tried to defraud her but failed. I began to feel that I had a good firasah, and it made me proud that I could know something that would be happen before this happen.

But later I realized I didn't have ability to know what would be happen after all of my firasah did not come true. :D

Well, we should not feel confident that we can know what's going to happen just because we got a firasah. What will happen is a mystery of Allah that we will not know until something really happens. But unfortunately there are still people who believe can predict what is going to happen just because of a firasah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-18-2014, 08:35 AM
When I studied in Yogyakarta I rented a room in a big house, together with around 9 other guys. We were close with each other and often enough went out together. But there was a guy who never gathered, "T", a physical education student. He was a good Muslim, but not friendly to other people and always alone. We often tried to be friendly to him, but he always respond with 'cold' attitude.

But something happened. On a saturday night when me and other guys there would go together, "T" wanted to join. Then he went out with us and looked enjoy that moment. In the next days "T" was becoming friendly to us, it made us happy, of course.

Two weeks later on a saturday night, around 11PM, when me and few other guys gathered on the back porch we saw "T" would wash his motorcycle. We told him "Hey, it's almost midnight, you can wash your motorcycle tomorrow morning". "T" just smile at us and said "Tomorrow I will go far". Next day "T" went to the beach with group of his friends, but Indian ocean coastal wave swallowed him. He died! But his body never found. And immediately we realized, what was "T" meant with "Tomorrow I will go far".

Firasah?. Wallahu a’lam. But what "T" told us that he would go far remind me to some other cases which deceased persons told that they would "go" prior they died. The change that happened to "T" which he became friendly to everyone remind me to some other cases which deceased persons personalities or habit were changed too prior they died.

Can human feel firasah when they will die?. Wallahu a’lam bishawab, only Allah who know.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!