/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I really want to become a game designer in the future is it haram?

farzanamiah
04-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Okay i've been getting mixed messages on whether becoming a game designer is really haram, I've been told that it is permissible as long as I have the right intension and DO NOT show the prophets in a bad way in any of my animations I want to have a game company like Super Mario or Spyro I've been dreaming about this since I was little please can I have a straightforward answer! - I've, seen many Muslim animations like. Ali. And. Summya which is a Muslim children's cartoon show?

Allah knows best

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
04-04-2014, 12:00 PM
:sl:

sis , better ask a Mufti

Darul Ihsan Islamic Services Centre
Email: fatwa@darulihsan.com
3rd Floor, Gem Towers
98 Overport Drive, Durban, South Africa
P.O Box 76474, Marble Ray, Durban, 4035
Tel: 08611 IHSAN (44726) - Fax: 031 207 3749

Muhammad
04-04-2014, 02:07 PM
:salamext: and welcome to the forum,

If you are not close to the point where you have to choose your career, remember that ambitions can change. Many people have dreamt of becoming many things when they were young, but later their ideas of what they wanted and needed changed. So, don't rush to make a decision and be open to other possibilities.

duraldo
04-05-2014, 06:00 AM
As a new convert, video games are a big hobby and part of my life (indeed, they are part of my income, I am blessed to be able to write reviews and other articles about a hobby I truly enjoy). Let me honest, and up front, I don't have a clue what I am talking about being a new convert, this is just how I feel, until I can find information to help me make a better decision (so many aspects of my life seem to be in a black or grey area of Islam, from playing guitar, to smoking to even whether or not the medications I need are or not.

but that's the beauty of it, you keep looking in the Quaran, and you're bound to find the answers (it may take awhile though!). But until I am able to make that informed decision on my own, I don't want to change this aspect of my life, if it turns out I am wrong and I must, then so be it, but I will cross that path when I am there. One thing at a time! God forgives.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
04-05-2014, 02:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duraldo;n2230898
but that's the beauty of it, you keep looking in the Quaran, and you're bound to find the answers (it may take awhile though!). But until I am able to make that informed decision on my own, I don't want to change this aspect of my life, if it turns out I am wrong and I must, then so be it, but I will cross that path when I am there. One thing at a time! God forgives.
The Qur'an teaches us that we should ask the people of knowledge when we do not know. The people of knowledge have studied the Qur'an as well as the Sunnah (which together form the basis of Islam), and they are better placed to answer questions using the evidences. The average Muslim cannot find all the answers on his own due to lacking knowledge.

You are right that you should take one step at a time. The most important thing is working on the foundations. And Allaah :swt: knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!