/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Arabic learning is compulsory in Islam ?

Walter D
04-14-2014, 07:05 AM
I have a question about Arabic Language.
As we know many Muslim are leaved all over the glob but they all are not educated even a large number of peoples have not basic education in Asia and South Africa.
Arabic learning is compulsory in Islam ? How they understand Islam without Arabic ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-14-2014, 01:53 PM
:sl:

Learn Arabic is compulsory only for Muslims who want to learn advanced knowledge of Islam, such as who want to become Islamic teacher or Islamic scholar. For other Muslims, learn Arabic is suggested.

How Muslims understand Islam if they don't understand Arabic?. Depend of the 'level of understanding' itself. If only want to understand about halal, haram, how to live in Islam, Muslims can learn from Islamic teachers. But if want to more understand and have capability to teach Islam, they have to understand Arabic.

Walter D
04-15-2014, 06:17 AM
You answer is appreciative, happy to read. I have a friend how can read Arabic and he recite Holly Quraan daily (As he say) but ever i ask him translation any Arabic Ayaat he don;t have any words. Means he learn Arabic but just for reading. He don't understand Arabic. Just learning for reading is it good thing ?
Did Muslims learn Arabic just for reciting Holly Quraan not for understand ?

ardianto
04-15-2014, 01:59 PM
Mostly of Muslim children learn to read and write Arabic to make them able to read Qur'an, but only few of them (non-Arab) who then learn to speak Arabic. Yes, there is difference between ability to read Arabic alphabet and ability to speak Arabic language

By the way, what I mean with learn Arabic in my previous post is learn Arabic language, not just learn to read Arabic alphabet. .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Back to your question, is learning Arabic compulsory?.

If what you mean is learn Arabic language, the answer is no, except for those who want to learn advanced Islamic knowledge. But if if what you mean is learn to read Arabic alphabet, I can say yes.

:)

Walter D
04-17-2014, 07:19 AM
Means just learn how to read Arabic alphabet is fine for reciting Holy Quran, no need to understand what is written ?

فصيح الياسين
01-01-2015, 04:51 AM
I love arabic alot!!! May allah accept me to speak and understand it ameen

Haris098
01-02-2015, 08:43 PM
I feel as though learning Arabic increased my love for reciting the Qur'an and understanding it's meaning.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!