/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahmed from MuslimBodybuilding.com

Ahmed2014
04-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Assalamu Alaikum everyone,

I've been active on Ummah Forums and this is the first time I've come to this forum. I saw it mentioned and I thought I'd join up here.

I've wanted to let people know of the site I've created for Muslims for Health and Fitness. It's been my sole effort since last year and alhamdulillah it's improving little by little.
  • MuslimBodybuilding.com

Health, Exercise, Nutrition and Supplement information, questions, answers and advice
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    Please post your questions directly on MuslimBodybuilding.com not PMs here. JazakAllah Khair!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
04-16-2014, 04:34 AM
Wa alaykumsalam wrwb,

Isn't this you?
Link

Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 01:03 AM
A brother from this site (I am guessing a moderator or site admin -- Farhan) asked me to join again. So here I am.

strivingobserver98
09-24-2015, 01:42 AM
:sl:

Welcome! Glad your here :).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 01:50 AM
So is this site UK based too like Ummah? I'm from Canada

BeTheChange
09-24-2015, 01:46 PM
Walaikumasalaam,

Welcome to the forum.

I love learning about our body and health and fitness issues.

On your forum you should maybe consider having a section for individuals with muscle dysmorphia.

Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 01:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Walaikumasalaam,

Welcome to the forum.

I love learning about our body and health and fitness issues.

On your forum you should maybe consider having a section for individuals with muscle dysmorphia.
That makes no sense. When I'm trying to help people build muscular physiques, get stronger, etc... Of course not everyone WANTS to look (nor can look) like professional bodybuilders. That is not the intent of the site. Building your body is a positive pursuit.

The term muscle dysmorphia is trying to paint the idea of being healthy, fit and strong as a form of anorexia. Meanwhile the biggest problem in the world is actually obesity, lazyiness and poor nutrition habbits. There is an actual 'fat acceptance' movement in the US. I am strongly against this.

The point is, work hard and be the best that you can be. It seems people have more problems with someone building a fit and strong body than being obese because its' easier to just sit on your butt and aet whatever is in front of you lol.

Btw eid mubarak to you all :)

Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 01:56 PM
Btw, as a female, you should know, you can never look like a male by lifting weights. You can only build a shaped and strong body. The myth of females looking like males by lifting weights is just that. A myth.

It takes male hormones to look like a male and that happens only to those that use male hormones (yes some females abuse male hormones to attain physically strong bodies which I'm against). The virilizing effects which are irreversible in most cases.

Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 02:05 PM
Basically it makes no sense for me to create a 'bigorexia' nor anorexia or fat acceptance sections on my site. All of these are foolish movements or understandings for the human condition and body. None of them matter if the goal is to be and build the best body you can have when equipped with the best knowledge and tools at your disposal male or female; nutrition, training, supplements, medical/body knowledge, etc...

People want instant gratification, so they starve... people want instant gratification so the binge eat. Meanwhile someone striving for 'perfection' (which is unattainable) is seen as someone who is psychologically 'affected'. It's true one can 'never' be big enough, lean enough or strong enough, that's an attitude many have, but what many fail to understand is it just makes you are constantly striving to be the best you can be. The point is, you should always say alhamdulillah for whatever you achieve and this is what many non-muslims don't hence it becomes a problem of unsatisfaction and ungratefulness for what you have.

Anyways I can't seem to edit my posts so I just wrote several posts even though I'd condense it all in one response if I could :)

BeTheChange
09-24-2015, 02:38 PM
Am sorry if i offended you, that wasn't my intention at all.

Am all for people looking after their health, in fact, looking after our mental, physical and spiritual health is a must in Islam.

The only reason why i suggested addressing muscle dysmorphia is because some men initially start off with the desire to grow their muscles but they soon find this desire turning into an obsession. An obsession which takes over their life and they may need a place to discuss their concerns.

Anyways it was just a thought - no harm intended.

I wish you all the best with your forum and in sha Allah will join soon.

Eid Mubarak - May Allah swt bless us with what is good for us Ameen.

Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Nah why would you offend anyone with your statements :)

It's funny you say that though, because it literally only takes an hour at most of your day, I train an hour and a half. Yet how many other things do people spend their time on? When it comes to nutrition, it's just changing eating habits, it's just that. I have my meals organized, planned and prepared in advance. It saves time and money actually, it leaves no room for guessing, I know when and what I need to eat :)

The people usually who tell me I'm obsessed (not in regards to what you said) for instance are usually the ones who never take the effort to eat and train right. Meanwhile they want to look like me or someone else, achieve the same results, but they don't have what it takes when it comes to the disciple and life style changes to train and eat regularly a certain way.

However it's a whole other issue if someone becomes depressed or sad over not achieving results or never feels satisfied/content over what they''ve achieved or striving towards; they never say alhamdulillah for what they've got. Then it becomes an issue really.

Ahmed2014
09-24-2015, 05:17 PM
You make me want to add a mental health section now even more. I have however several sections and have considered recently adding a mental health section in part due to some members mentioning mental health issues. Mental health are a totally real issue, despite some Muslims seeing it as taboo which is just ridiculous! Especially in our so called modern societies where it can affect any of us. Islam has from the beginning offered mental and spiritual healing and many people do need mental health help too!

I was only thinking of how to better organize all the sections I already have cohesively.

lonewolf007
09-28-2015, 11:14 PM
salaam brother Ahmed, I'm on ummah forum too, welcome to this forum..........hope you stay and post :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!