/* */

PDA

View Full Version : As Salamu Alaykum I am a Revert/Convert to Islam also I have

truthseeker63
04-23-2014, 04:03 AM
As Salamu Alaykum I am a Revert/Convert to Islam also I have
Asperger's Syndrome I do have and have made Friends that are Muslims should I tell them I have this ? I don't drive a car right now Im trying to learn so I like to be honest with people. I am from the United States Im male and white 26 years of age I used to be a Christian anyway I told the Imam this before I converted in an Email he is out of my State now I guess Imams move from town to town/city I would like to marry one day I hope this is not an issue the Imam asked me if I was married I don't like to keep stuff about me a secret thank you for everyone's my State says im Handicapped but I was told in Islam it is wrong to mock others thank you for everyone's time I know many Western people think Islam is bad but I see beauty in Islam I also like how Muslim Women are modest I respect this here is video of me converting below ?
Brother Casey Accepts Islam!
MashAllah, Brother Casey found the truth and accepted Islam today after isha prayer at the Islamic Center of Johnson County!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S4bq4K5tlw

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
04-23-2014, 02:38 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam brother Casey,

Congratulations on converting to Islam. May Allaah :swt: keep you steadfast and increase your understanding of Islam, Aameen. :)

I think it is your choice whether you want to tell people you have Asperger's Syndrome. If you think it will help them to understand you better, then maybe it is a good idea to let them know.

Not all Imams move to different places - there are many who reside in one place. Perhaps there is another Imam you can get in touch with who is local to your area, In-sha-Allah.

You are right that in Islam it is wrong to mock others. When the State says you are handicapped, it may not be the best word to use, but it is not trying to mock you. Sometimes it uses the word 'disability' or other descriptions instead. If anyone uses a term you don't like, you can let them know how you feel and tell them what you would like them to say instead.

Remember to seek help from Allaah :swt: because He is the best of Helpers. May He :swt: make things easy for you and help you to get married soon, Aameen.

ardianto
04-23-2014, 04:02 PM
:salam:

"I never met Casey directly, but I am sure that he is a good man. And I am sure too, he can be a good Muslim, he can be a good husband, a good father. So I wish, yaa Allah, let his dream come true. Give him someone who can be his soul mate, and bless their married life with love and happiness. Amin"

This is the dua that I have said after salah Isha. I hope, no one assume that I want to show off. My intention to write this post just because I hope I can motivate everyone here to make du'a too, to help our brother reaches his dream, to be a husband, to be a father.

:)

Hulk
04-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Wa alaykumsalaam brother,

Thank you for sharing your story and background.. Honesty is an admirable quality, however we are not required to tell others everything about ourselves so in this case it really is up to you whether you want to tell them or not.

And thank you for sharing that video!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
04-24-2014, 04:08 AM
:wa:

bro , Welcome to Islam .

May Allah makes life easy for u and grants what is best for hereafter , Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!