/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reference of this hadith

Ali_008
04-25-2014, 04:04 PM
:sl:
I have heard this hadeeth earlier as well, but this time I noticed that its reference is not mentioned. Can someone look it up and clarify its authenticity?

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Most of the hypocrites of my ummah are among those who have memorized Qur’aan.”
This hadith is mentioned in Silsilah al-Ahaadeeth as-Saheehah by Shaikh Al-Albani. The author being a master of the sciences of hadeeth, I don't expect him to quote a weak hadeeth. However, does anyone have any idea about where it is mentioned and how authentic this is?

JazakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
04-25-2014, 04:43 PM
:wa:

It is narrated in a number of Hadith books. You can see a list here: http://library.islamweb.net/hadith/h...=1716&sid=5672

ardianto
04-25-2014, 04:54 PM
:wa:

According to some sources, that hadith mentioned in Hadith Riwayah Ahmad. Its Sanad is Hasan.

The hadith itself is about people who memorize Qur'an not for the sake of Allah, but for wordly purpose.

Walter D
05-19-2014, 06:43 PM
Its good that you feel that its important to be discussed here i mean a Hadith should definitely be discussed because its the need for verification.Its has to be like that and it can help a lot of people in knowing what is the right for them and what isn't.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!