/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslims and nature/wildlife conservation

ardianto
04-26-2014, 03:10 PM
http://i1.treknature.com/photos/405/houbara_bustard.jpg

The picture in the link above is "Houbara Bustard" (Chlamydotis undulata), a bird that can be found in North Africa, and also in Pakistan. Houbara bustard classified as endangered species. Hunting Houbara Bustard is forbidden for Pakistani residents, but permitted for VIP guests, usually from Gulf countries, who hunt houbara bustard with trained falcons.

In January, a Saudi prince came to Pakistan to hunt houbara bustard. Local govt permitted them to hunt 100 houbara bustard, but that Saudi prince and his group killed more than 100. They killed 2100 houbara bustard!.

2100 endangered bird were killed just for fun!

Frankly, when I read this news I remember to what I have learned when I learned Islam. Nature is the gift that given by Allah for human, the caliph of the world. However, being Caliph doesn't mean human can do everything that they want toward nature. As Caliph, human have responsibility to take care the nature. Take care the nature is a kind of grateful of what Allah has given.

Did that prince and his group ever taught about it?.

I remember too about students from madaris (madrasa) in Indonesia who made a movement to plant trees, clean up the rivers from waste. They do it as their responsibility as the Caliph of the world, as a kind of grateful on what Allah has given nature and wildlife.

I hope nature and wildlife conservation will become something that is taught to the Muslim children all over the world.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!