/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Keep your phone silent while praying

Astalalvist4
04-29-2014, 11:06 AM
As salaam alekum,

There is an app on Google play which helps to keep our phone on silence at prayer times.

This application is developed to put your phone in Silent Mode at the time of prayers. This app automatically puts your phone in Silent mode at the time of Salah and later automatically makes it active after a predefined duration. If all of us install this app, then we believe there will be less disturbance in congregational prayer.
Many times we forget to silence our phone while going for prayers. There are chances that our phone might ring and disturb others causing us embarrassment. This application is a humble attempt to avoid this mistake.
This application also tries to show nearest Masjids from you using Goole Maps.

Please feel free to provide your suggestions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ilenceinmasjid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
04-29-2014, 06:48 PM
it would take a moment of thought for each of us to put our phones on silent whenever we get the chance to pray.

it in itself would be a remembrance or am i out of line in this thinking?

i believe that responsibility of personal action is something that is slowly diminishing over time, although i would think im wrong again.. the majority favors it probably.

wish you all the success for the app anyway.

my thoughts are often wayward so take my post lightly.. i may be becoming the li grumpy.

Hulk
04-29-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm sure there are people that could really use the app. I know some elder folks sometimes forget, which is understandable.

greenhill
07-23-2014, 05:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
i may be becoming the li grumpy.
Not really.... I see that you do have 'an air of resignation' (maybe not the most accurate description) and perhaps at times a 'cynical' point of view, not necessarily bad but can be thought provoking.... that is if I can get the 'drift' of what it is you are trying to say...:p I think I do...get...it....eventually...

I do tend to also have wayward thoughts.. (how many times my posts have been deleted, edited etc...):D

Peace to you :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
07-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Salaams.

My phone is ALWAYS on silent so it's never an issue for me.

I do find it a bit annoying when something summery or music like goes off when folk are praying with Jamaat in the Masjid. It's even more annoying when a very esteemed scholar has come over from a different continent for a few days to share Ramadhan with you and someone's ringtone goes off during the bayaan / sermon!

greenhill
07-24-2014, 04:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
and someone's ringtone goes off during the bayaan / sermon!
It must be embarrassing for them, especially if it's a loud 'disco' kind of music. . . How could they forget? :D

Yes, it is still annoying, though..

ardianto
07-24-2014, 03:00 PM
I don't remember when the last time I heard a cellphone rang in masjid during salah. Maybe around 2006. In early of 2000's indeed, there were people who did not silence their cellphones when in masjid. But then khatib often remind jama'ah to silence their cellphone. The masjid also remind it through posters. Outside the masjid, people also wrote articles about etiquette of using cellphone which include silence the cellphone when in masjid.

Probably if now I never hear cellphone ring in masjid again, it's because these efforts. :)

hisnameiszzz
07-24-2014, 05:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
It must be embarrassing for them, especially if it's a loud 'disco' kind of music. . . How could they forget? :D

Yes, it is still annoying, though..
Salaams.

Oh yeah, that has happened a few times. It's normally tropical / summery tones. It's worst when the salaah finishes and everyone glares at the person who has the ringing mobile!

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
But then khatib often remind jama'ah to silence their cellphone. The masjid also remind it through posters.:)
We have all kinds of posters up - no mobiles in the House of Allah, no scantily clad men in the House of Allah, no dirty socks in the House of Allah etc etc. Does anyone take notice? Hell no! Mobiles ring regularly, even in Ramadhan. Men come to the Masjid with tiny tops and mini jeans so their backs and asses are on show. And don't even get me started on socks that should be white which are black/brown because of dirt/filth.

Marina-Aisha
07-24-2014, 05:54 PM
this reminds me of picture saw facebookAttachment 5345

you brothers should be lucky u can go for jammat prayer some mosques dont even have a women section. I would be happy to listen to the imam preacing bout islam then leaving my phone on..tut tut

hisnameiszzz
07-24-2014, 08:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marina-Aisha
this reminds me of picture saw facebookAttachment 5345

you brothers should be lucky u can go for jammat prayer some mosques dont even have a women section. I would be happy to listen to the imam preacing bout islam then leaving my phone on..tut tut
Awww, that's too bad. In our Masjid, they have special bayaans solely for ladies. If the person delivering the bayaan is a man, the man will be in the Masjid and the ladies will be in the madressah so they are not "mingling" so to speak. They had about 7 bayaans for ladies in the last week.

ardianto
07-24-2014, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marina-Aisha
My masjid has only one hall, but it provide portable partition. So women can make their own section to perform salah jama'ah and listen to the Islamic lecture together with men. Even in certain times, the masjid turn into "women only masjid" like when it held Islamic lecture for women that given by female Islamic teacher.

Chase
07-29-2014, 04:57 AM
I wouldn't need an app, but it's a good gesture. Disconnect with the creature when you connect with the creator, they would say.

shayanjameel08
08-28-2014, 06:09 AM
yes , we should care about that....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!