/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why they want Pakistan remove the ban on alcohol?

ardianto
05-04-2014, 04:22 PM
:sl:
Although I am Indonesian, I just voted in a poll that held by a news site in Pakistan. The topic is "Should Pakistan remove the ban on alcohol?". I voted for "No", of course. But I notice, currently the "Yes" is dominating.

Okay, for anyone who doesn't know yet, Pakistan is a Muslim majority country that forbid alcohol beverage consumption for Muslims, notice, for Muslims! while non-Muslims still allowed to buy and consume alcohol. This prohibition implemented since 1977.

But actually not every Pakistani citizen agree with this prohibition. There are people who want Pakistan government remove the ban on alcohol. And they launch 'mini campaign' for this.

There are few arguments that they throw, such as banning alcohol raising drug consumption, banning alcohol cause death because some people then choose to drink cheap alcohol which poisonous. Arguments that actually can be refuted easily by people who know about 'drink and drug'.

They also say if Pakistan remove the ban on alcohol, then Pakistan will get income from tax and export.

But there is an argument that come in form of question. Why Pakistan still ban alcohol if in reality alcoholic beverages can be found easily in many places in Pakistan and people can easily buy too?.

Yeah, from what I have notice in my observation toward Pakistan, the ban on alcohol actually is not implemented effectively. Alcoholic beverages available in many places in Pakistan, and people can easily buy and consume, and still free from law.

But their 'question' raise a question too in my mind. If they can easily find, buy, and consume alcohol without touched by the law, why they still want Pakistan to remove the ban on alcohol formally?. What agenda that they carry in their campaign to remove the ban on alcohol in Pakistan?.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
05-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Does the ban on alcohol in Pakistan give negative impact to India?.

If yes, please somebody explain why. If not, .... then why I see a big number of Indians are active in campaign to urge Pakistan remove the ban on alcohol?

^o)

M.I.A.
05-06-2014, 08:44 PM
i am a western muslim so i can only give an opinion.

it is possible for all people to buy alcohol if they are over the required age limit.

it is personal choice.

an imam at the mosque once said it was prohibited to be involved in the manufacture, distribution or consumption of alcohol.

it may not be the literal truth but it is definitely erring on the side of caution.

pakistan is a different case, it is a muslim country and its laws and conduct should reflect it.

monetary gain is no excuse for increasing user base or giving perceived legitimacy, unless it is something the pakistani people actually want.

even then personal choice still exists until alcohol becomes cultural.

it is something that must be understood that lost people are often the ones that need help or at least time to change..and that is the hardest thing to do.

the qurans guidance on alcohol and gambling is one that is aimed to give pause for thought and a way to repentance.

and in following it give a true reflection of the world and a path to personal growth and development.

pakistan may not be the nation it was established as and personal choice can only get you so far...

i hope allah swt guides those that truly need it and give patience to those requiring of it.

unfortunately it is very hard to make the correct choices and abide by allah swts will when everybody says inshallah.

it is very hard to remain objective when many places in the world undergo strife and catastrophe..

but i have no idea which came first, the chicken or the egg.

fear of allah swt or the hearing and the obeying.

...some people never need to make the distinction

but for a time, our character is our own. sometimes even if it is only on paper.

veramaku123
05-06-2014, 10:12 PM
fdx zi am avera Amina, i am from Sudan, i need friend but to know more about me please try and copy my email and send me email direct to my email address veramakuza@gmail.com

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
05-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Prohibition on alcohol beverages in Indonesia implemented in regional level, not national. There are districts that prohibit alcohol although mostly just restrict, which only shops that hold license that can sell alcohol. But people from districts where alcohol is banned can still drink, and they did not demand their local govt to remove the ban on alcohol.

Back to Pakistan. Prohibition to consume alcohol in Pakistan implemented for Muslims only and alcohol can be sold in specific place. But this prohibition actually not effective. Muslims still can buy alcohol and there are many shops that can sell alcohol although illegally. Yes, sometime Pakistani police launch operation to seize alcohol from these illegal shop, but usually they close their eyes and let other many shops to still sell alcohol.

I have seen photos, video, and read articles about alcohol consumption in Pakistan. Yeah, although alcohol is banned, Pakistani people who want to drink can buy alcohol and drink it 'safely', as long as not in public place. In another words, is easy for Pakistani people if they want to consume alcohol.

So, with this easiness, why don't they feel satisfied?. Why they still want Pakistani govt remove the ban of alcohol formally?. Is it because the ban of alcohol is sign that Pakistani govt surrender to the 'Islamist' like their claim?.

Frankly, I didn't want to be involved with Pakistani issue if some people there do not criticize Islam. Yes, I am not Pakistani, but I am a Muslim.

M.I.A.
05-07-2014, 02:01 AM
i would like to give you a silly example of something.

i recently visited a town/city and needed needed to find a halal place to eat.

i went on the internet and googled halal places to eat in such a place.

i came across a forum with the exact topic.

mid topic a post appears that highlights how halal slaughter is cruel to animals.

a few more posts and a few more political posts to discredit islam by an ever wavering path.. clutching at straws for the most part.

but heres the kicker..

nobody added kindling for the fire, all the posters seemed like they had the sole job title of pr relations.

i was insanely impressed.

finally ended up going on the trip and on the main street they had a halal sign in many of the restaurants and take aways..a few too many in fact...

i ended up getting vegetarian pizza.

so yes pakistan has problems and nobody is stupid enough not to acknowledge that.. changing is very hard though.

سيف الله
05-07-2014, 12:41 PM
Salaam

This is a very disturbing development. I wouldn't worry too much about internet polls, they can be easily manipulated. I agree with you the arguments for the removal are poor to put it mildly (People will magically stop taking drugs if they are allowed to drink? You really think selling and taxing drink is a good and productive way to develop a economy? really?)

If you want an easy argument against legalising the drink, just take a look at the UK. Drink has done far more damage to peoples lives than all the illegal drugs combined. I think a couple of years back 1 million people were admitted to the NHS due to drink related problems. I think the overall costs each year are around £20 billion. I could go on and on.

It is a poison we don't need in our societies.

It is an intriguing question why this has become an issue now. Maybe due to pressure from outside governments/businesses who want open up Pakistan to sell this poison for profit regardless of the harm it will cause. They are probably are working in conjunction with the secular liberal segment of the population who want to undermine the Islamic culture.

ardianto
05-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Thanks for your response bro MIA amnd bro Junon.

I was drinking alcohol when I was young and I will never forget how alcohol ruined my mental and personality. That's why now I am so fussy in remind people to not drink alcohol.

Back to the case. Few days ago I found someone wrote article about Pakistan should remove the ban on alcohol. I was googling and I found few similar articles that written by other people, and supported by comments too.

But from I have noticed, what they have written in these articles and comments are not complain of people who want to drink alcohol but feel restricted. But effort to lead people opinion that the ban on alcohol is a sign "forced Islamization" over Pakistan.

This is why I ask in my previous post, what agenda that they carry?.

But actually I am not so surprised. I recognize those people a The Pakistani Liberal which indeed, often spread negative opinion toward Islam and want Pakistan to be full secular state.

ardianto
05-08-2014, 04:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Junon;n2231841
I wouldn't worry too much about internet polls, they can be easily manipulated.
If Indonesian like me could vote in that poll, it's means people from other countries can vote too.

But there is something that make me wonder. There are enough much Indians who strive to convince Pakistani people that Pakistan should remove the ban on alcohol. What agenda that those Indians carry?.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!