/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Assalaamu Alaykum

Tame Sea
05-05-2014, 07:41 PM
I'm very interested in Islam, but my family is very against it. I have to keep my religious studies secret, but the more I read, the more I want to revert. There are masjids in my city and a good Muslim population, but I am disconnected because of my family. I don't want to go against my parents, but they do not respect Islam. I pray in secret and I read Qur'an in secret and I feel very lonely.

Hello, everyone.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-05-2014, 10:27 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,

It is not an easy situation to be in. Many reverts have found themselves in a similar situation - even the first Muslims at the time of the Prophet :saws: faced such trials from their loved ones. But Allaah :swt: is the One who makes the path easy and removes obstacles. Keep asking Him for His help and guidance.

It's important to try and connect with other Muslims in your area so you can get their support and advice, but you know your situation better in terms of how feasible this is. Ultimately, once your heart has settled on the truth, there can be no turning back from it. Islam commands us to be dutiful to our parents, but we cannot obey them when it comes to disobeying our Creator. Allaah :swt: says in the Qur'an (interpetation of meaning):

And We have enjoined on man (to be dutiful and good) to his parents. His mother bore him in weakness and hardship upon weakness and hardship, and his weaning is in two years - give thanks to Me and to your parents. Unto Me is the final destination. But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not; but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do. [Qur'an 31:14-15]

You may also find some useful threads in the New Muslims section: http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/ne...am/new-muslims

May Allaah :swt: help you in your journey and guide your heart and the hearts of your family to the light of Islam, Aameen.

Tame Sea
05-06-2014, 05:10 AM
Thank you for your welcome, brother. I desperately want to make connections with the local Muslim community so I can learn more, but if my family found out about my interest in Islam they would never forgive me. It's all a very difficult situation to be in, but insha'Allah things will improve. For now I am keeping my studies private while showing my parents how I'm changing for the better. Even so, I feel like I cannot say my shahadah and become a real, dedicated Muslim until I move out.

Muslim Woman
05-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Hello Sis

it's not a must to utter the Shahada in public . U can do it by yourself in ur bedroom .

Pl browse the forum and ask about Islam in related threads .

may Allah makes it easy for u to accept and practice Islam .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Tame Sea
05-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Salaam and thank you for your welcome and information, sister.

veramaku123
05-06-2014, 09:58 PM
i am avera Amina, i am from Sudan, i need friend but to know more about me please try and copy my email and send me email direct to my email address veramakuza@gmail.com

veramaku123
05-06-2014, 10:04 PM
i am avera Amina, i am from Sudan, i need friend but to know more about me please try and copy my email and send me email direct to my email address veramakuza@gmail.com

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!