/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Tips on finding your lost Phone..

Samiun
05-05-2014, 08:46 PM
:sl: I'm going to share to you some basic tips to find your lost phone. I lost mine a couple of days ago in an odd incident inside my own apartment but never the less Allah has willed it to happen and it did.

1. Tracking Apps
If you have iPhone or Android, do not forget to use and install tracking features on these smartphones such as findmyiphone(icloud) and findmymobile(samsung). These are very helpful apps that would help to locate your phones when they are lost. However, your privacy might get violated by who knows that can have access on the app and could track you down. Well you gotta choose to compromise or not. Remember if you do not do this before it gets lost, it will probably be very difficult to find it again.

2. On GPS and enable sound on your phone
Always enable GPS and don't put your phone into silent mode when you're in a public place as it will make it easier to find the phone if it can be called and it makes it easier for the Apps mentioned above to track your phone down.

3. Retrace your footsteps
Try to remember where you think you might have lost your phone and it might reveal itself again.

4. Call the Cops!
Go to a police station and report on your lost phone. Don't delay like I did because I paid heavily for that. The reason being that the management in my apartment only allow me to watch the CCTVs that had been placed in the area where I lost my phone if only there is a policemen with me and an authorized letter from the police. I wasn't convince I had lost my phone, so I waited exactly 2 days after I lost it to report to a police station but by then( a long process of taking the phone's box from another place to show it to the cops) it was already dark and the management office to view the CCTV recordings had been closed. Unfortunately for me, I had to go back to the police station the next day to personally request for the management to show me the CCTV. The thing is, the police that I got contacted with the day before told me that I can view the CCTV with only an authorized paper. I shouldn't have listen to him and followed the manager's advice instead(which told me there must be a policemen). So I had to wait precisely another day and you know what? The CCTV only stores 1 week of data information through some complex auto-delete system that they use. Meaning that, the recordings from the CCTVs would be lost within a couple of days (3-5 days). I went there today and heard that it was already deleted. It was a hard blow for me but Alhamdulillah I did everything I can to retrieve my lost phone.

5. Lots of patience!
I don't know about how the police act in your country, but I was so shocked and surprised how they acted in mine. Let's just say it was a tense and uncomfortable situation for me when I was making a police report. Also, make Dua' to Allah to find your phone after every Salat.

6. Always check your surroundings
I don't know why, but I didn't do this. Anyways, you can skip all these steps if you have not lost your phone in the first place. Check your surroundings and your pockets before you leave a public place whether it's a restaurant or a football match. By doing this, you can prevent something like losing your phone to happen to you Insha'Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
05-05-2014, 10:07 PM
:wasalamex

I'm sorry to hear you lost your phone, akhee. May Allaah :swt: return it to you or replace it with something better, Aameen.

I thought there might be a du'a that can be recited when something is lost so I tried searching for it. I then came across this article called 'When things are lost'... it was quite moving, subhanAllah. Here it is:

http://www.suhaibwebb.com/personaldv...ings-are-lost/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!