/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello friends

Friendly Fellow
06-05-2014, 02:14 PM
Hello there, I'm not a member of any faith, but I do post on several forums for general chat/debate etc, the reason I have chosen to post this here is because one of the forums I'm a member of , has too many racist people ' taking over' , it is a real shame as the forum owner and all his moderator team are brilliant , they are also totally pops posed to the ugly side of racism. It has come to the point where we sort of dread logging on now be use of the amount of racism , bias and prejudice , some of these folk posting this racist bile were to blame for another forum closing,me and a few friends do not want that to happen where we are now. I just wondered if maybe someone here would fancy giving a chat on Islam to some on our forum, as the amount of stereotyping and hate is quite unbelievable ,they just can't seem to get it through their head that's all faiths have both good and bad people in them, and that Christianity has been far from perfect over the years, I'm not religious as I said , but my regular posting forum has run amok with people trying to say Christianity is the only good religion and every other one is bad, especially Islam. I thank you for you're time and I genuinely come in peace , I just wish some of the ignorant fools on my regular forum would stop this ridiculous behaviour , thankfully we are not all as ignorant and prejudice in the UK. Thank you indeed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Friendly Fellow
06-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Sorry, here is the link to the forum http://www.newsfixboard.com

Muhammad
06-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello Friendly Fellow and welcome to the forum,

It is sad to hear about your forum. Unfortunately, that is the case with countless websites out there, dominated by people who are not open to reason. It becomes impossible to discuss with such people and a lot of time and effort can be wasted. We have had many such people visit our forum, who were simply intent on trying to degrade Islam in any way they could.

As a result of many former discussions, we may have many useful threads that address and clarify the misconceptions that might be propagated on your forum. You could advise people to visit here if they are interested in learning more and willing to have a rational discussion. We would be happy to recommend suitable threads for your perusal. I don't think it would be such a good idea to visit an Islamophobic site which is the reason I deleted the link.

We welcome people of all backgrounds - we have had many Christians and people of various faiths and none regularly posting here. So feel free to stick around. :)

Friendly Fellow
06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Hello Muhammad and thank you for welcoming me, I am sorry I posted the link, the forum staff themselves are fine people who also stand up to prejudice, racist comments and non truths , but in my opinion are too tolerable with that lot!! Of course tolerance is a good thing but you are most definitely correct in that there is just no debating with some folk with such a biased and ignorant attitude and view. As I say I'm not religious myself in any way, but I defend people's rights not to be judged by others, or labelling people of another religion ,race, or colour with such despicable names, this is often triggered by media groups who thrive on the minds of ignorant people. Thank you Muhammad, I would like to stick around and perhaps just have a look about first. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
06-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Thanks for understanding. Good to hear you'd like to stick around... let us know if you need anything.

Hulk
06-07-2014, 03:16 AM
The first step out of ignorance is to acknowledge that we don't know, but that can be a hard pill to swallow for a lot of us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!