/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying/Staying in Mosques apparent Muslim Countries?

new2010
06-05-2014, 07:28 PM
Assalamualaikum dear brothers and sisters in Islam,

I would like to ask you a question in regard to the situation in some Muslim countries that are not really islamic; the most population are muslims but the government does not reign with shariah. For instance turkey: Due to segregation of government and religion they have some confusing - not with Islam compatible teachings and practices e.g bidah and so on - and some brothers say, that there aqidah is really doubtful. I would like to know: is it permissible to go to those countries and stay there for a while? Would one get reward, when he is praying all prayers in the mosque there? I will speak a bit more clearly: I have the opportunity to go to Turkey and spend some weeks there when Ramadan is running. Would it permissible for me to pray my prayers in the mosque? I am living in a completely non Muslim Country but I hope by going there I can get a bit more

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
06-06-2014, 01:50 AM
Salaams to you.

Islam is about your relationship with Allah. Essentially it is to do what He commands and to avoid things He has forbidden. If you happen to live in a society that is governed by syariah laws then it is a huge bonus, but if not then we will still have to uphold the basic laws of what is permissible and what is not.

Even if their aqidah is doubtful, it is not for us to judge. But that really should not have any bearings on whether you can or cannot do your prayers in any mosque. What we have to remember is to keep it simple for ourselves and remind ourselves that congressional prayers offer multifold rewards (as opposed to performing it alone) and hence we go to mosque(s) for this purpose regardless of where it is.

Have a great time there! Try praying in as many mosques there as possible. That should be interesting.

​Peace

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!