/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know anything about Leeds??

Taqwa seeker
06-12-2014, 07:35 AM
Salam alaykum brothers and sisters,
I will be sent there (unless i decline) on a work project very soon.
Can anyone tell me more about Leeds. The office hasn't set up yet so i dont know what part of Leeds it is based in.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
mr moon
06-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Waleykummusssalm Sister

Yes, I am from Leeds. My Childhood Town
What would you like to know?

fire away :)

Taqwa seeker
06-12-2014, 12:33 PM
What parts of Leed have a good muslim population?
Do all the mosques allow females?

How is the area in terms of diversity?
Are there any areas i should avoid going to?

As i said, the organisation is still making decision on where to base its ofice and i want to be well informed before i decide to move up to the Northern office.

jazkalla khair

mr moon
06-13-2014, 10:12 AM
Leeds is generally a excellent place to stay in terms of Deen wise. There are many Islamic activities taking place across the Muslim community and there are lots of opportunities to learn the Deen.

The Muslim community is generally very welcoming and I feel there is much more of a community cohesion amongst them, compared to other Muslim communities across the country. The majority of Muslims come from a Pakistani ethnic background, but it also has large population of Somali and Bangladeshis.

I would recommend Roundhay and Harehills as ideal areas to live. Nearly all of the Mosques in this area are open for women.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Taqwa seeker
06-14-2014, 09:46 AM
jazakalla khair for the information brother

Taqwa seeker
09-28-2014, 10:46 AM
Alhamdulllah they decided not to relocate to Leeds after all.

jazakalla khair Mr Moon for your advice anyway

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!