/* */

PDA

View Full Version : [very urgend!!!] My grandfather is dying!

new2010
06-12-2014, 04:35 PM
Assalamualaikum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatuhu,

dear brothers and sisters in Islam, my grandfather is in hospital and will probably die in next hours or in the next days when the medicine does not work out. He is in coma at the moment, so he is not open for conversation. He also is paraplegic and can not move at all or articulate very well. He is Muslim, alhamdullah but I he did not pray and that makes me very anxious. My almost whole family does not fit into concepts of Islam - they are not practising and I really doubt they are Muslims. I feel responsible for my grandfather I did not spoke to him about Islam - because I feared it will not work out and I also feared I could tell him anything wrong. I looked for some dawah DVD in their language but i did not get any response to my forum request. I would not give them any wrong lectures that are far away from Quran and Sunnah. Now he is dying and I am scared that he did not get the opportunity to speak the Shahadaa; he probably would not be able to do so, because of his paraplegic. But when I was there some days ago, he did some dhikr, when he sayed ALLAH some times. I think he has Iman - at least I hope - but he has not any knowlege about the Islam that our prophet saw. taught us. That is because of the culture form he is. I made a lot of Dua, that Allah should pardon him for his sins etc. but what can I do more? Are there any recommendations of our prophet a.s.?

Can you do some dua's as well for him? I think the chance will increase then that Allah response to it. I feel very bad that I did not do anything to help him, I was just there and stay almost the whole day. He slept a lot and in this time I recite a bit of Quran from memory of what I know (not much). will I get punish too for that I havent tried to convince him? That is really diffucult to explain about Islam when in mind of one is already this "soft-Islam". Authentic Quran and Sunnah would probably sounds too harsh. Maybe he had enough knowledge and did dhikr from innerpart; I cannot know that.

And my family does not take this experience as a warning. They even does not consider what will happen with him in hereafter because they probably do not know what could happen to one after dead.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-12-2014, 05:03 PM
:wasalam:

May Allah grant him strength and ease his suffering, and may Allah grant him Husn al-Khaatimah while reciting the Kalimah.
Try to do as much dhikr in front of him as possible. Keep recite the Qur'an and saying the Shahaadah loudly in front of him so that he also gets reminded to recite the same.

As for his missed fasts, the scholars recommend giving Fidyah if a person was unable to fast due to old age or a terminal illness. Some of the scholars recommend the same for the prayers as well.

Hulk
06-12-2014, 06:41 PM
Amin..

new2010
06-12-2014, 10:26 PM
barak allahu feekum for your dua. May Allah subhana wa taala make you and your families enter al firdaus. I think he was a good man. He never though bad about Allah and was always thankful although he was not able to do anything for the last almost two decades, he never told anything bad, he was all the time satisfied with his situation; inshaAllah a time will come he will enter paradise.

I think my grandmother did give fidyah for Not-fasting. Not for prayer. I even did not know that this is valid for prayer too. Habibi, do you have a Fatwa about that? What can I do?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mr moon
06-13-2014, 04:21 PM
http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/24542 This would be useful

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!