/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Story About The Prostitute/Singer And The Thirsty Cat / Dog

hisnameiszzz
06-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Assalaamoalaikum all,

Forgive me in advance if I have posted this in the wrong section. I am new to this forum and there were so many categories, I was unsure where to post this thread.

I am sure most of you are aware of the above story where the female saw the thirsty cat / dog and took off her leather shoe / pouch, filled it with water and gave it to the thirsty animal. It is then stated that the said female went straight to Jannat (paradise).

I have heard the story numerous times from different Imams / Ulamaa. Some say the female was either a prostitute or a singer. Some say she caused a lot of hardship to people.

Would the female not have to answer for the trouble she caused to others or was this act of kindness a free ticket to Jannat (paradise) for her?

Please could I have your thoughts and views on this.

Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Karl
06-29-2014, 12:54 AM
This is just a story. No one knows who goes to paradise except God. And things are not sorted out until the End of Days.

Hulk
06-29-2014, 04:38 AM
It was a sign of the state of her heart, she expressed mercy and compassion for the dog. There is none more Merciful and Compassion than God and He forgives whom He wills.

ardianto
06-29-2014, 02:41 PM
:sl:

Narrated by Abu Hurairah r.a: "Has forgiven an adulterer woman who passed in front of the dog who stuck his tongue out at a well. She said, "This dog almost die of thirst". Then she taken off her shoes and tied with a veil and she gave water (to that dog). Then she was forgiven for giving drink" (H.R Bukhari)

There is a misunderstanding about the hadith above which many people believe that she went straight to paradise. The hadith above, and few similar hadith, do not mention that she went to paradise straight, she just given forgiveness for the sins she had ever made, not for the sins she probably would make again.

We don't know what then happened to this woman, but in that time Allah had forgiven her. It's means the door of paradise opened for her. If she stopped from adultery and turned into chaste woman, she would go to paradise. However, if then she back to adultery again, then the door of paradise closed again for her.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
06-29-2014, 04:52 PM
Thank you all for your responses. It really is very much appreciated.

As ardianto says, I don't think anyone actually knows what happened to the woman. I asked a Mufti via email a few weeks ago and he replied just this morning saying he was unsure what became of the woman and that it was up to Allah to allow her entry into Jannah or not.

I hope everyone is having a good first fast and that Ramadhan is getting off to a good start for all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!