/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Benefit Fraud - Does Islam OK To Report Someone?

hisnameiszzz
06-29-2014, 07:32 PM
I have already asked 2 Mufti's regarding this: 1 said it's OK to report and 1 said it's not so I am stuck in a rut. What is your view on it?

I understand it is not really any of my business and it is between the individual and Allah, but as a citizen of the UK, it is expected of me to report such people. Also, with my work, it's one of those things I have to be vigilant about.

What do you make of this scenario. Male is on benefits because he is blind (or so he says). I've seen him get on the bus and he has a blind person's pass so he gets to travel for free, whenever/wherever and he clearly advertises in the Masjid that he is on this/that benefit. When he is in town or out and about, he always has his walking aid or someone to help direct him. When he comes to the Masjid, there is no walking aid nor is there anyone to aid him. The Masjid is very large and it's not like a blind person would be able to memorise everything as they keep changing things around. Is his perfect vision in the Masjid a miracle or is he scamming the benefits system?

Also, if someone goes for Hajj but uses money from benefits claimed fraudulently, does this mean that all the non Muslims in the UK will get reward for it. Technically they have indirectly been for Hajj. After all, it's their money which goes into the tax system and then gets handed out to people who are scamming the system.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ChosenOne
06-29-2014, 11:07 PM
Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
"Whosoever amongst you sees an evil, let him change it with his hands; and if he is not able, then with his tongue; and if he is not able, then let him hate it in his heart, and that is the weakest of faith."

ChosenOne
06-29-2014, 11:08 PM
Anas ibn Malik (may Allah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said:
"Help your brother whether he is the doer of wrong or wrong is done to him."
The Companions asked,
"O Messenger of Allah! We can help a man to whom wrong is done, but how could we help him when he is the doer of wrong?"
The Prophet replied, "Hold him back from doing wrong." (Al-Bukhari)

hisnameiszzz
06-30-2014, 09:54 PM
Jazakallah for the responses. I guess I will have to start helping my brothers and sisters out. I think it's a huge shame people have to lie to claim benefits. Why not just be honest and claim what you are entitled to instead of lying. What's worse is when these people talk about their antics in the Masjid of all places.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!