/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ramadan mubarak :) What did you eat for iftar/suhoor???

Chase
07-03-2014, 02:56 AM
I know in a lot of countries dates are a part of the Iftar meal, here in Morocco it is also an important appetizer, along with soup and sweets. Then, there is the main dish which it depends from day to day.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Yenzin
07-03-2014, 03:01 AM
water and light foods “And eat and drink but waste not by extravagance, certainly He (Allâh) likes not Al-Musrifûn (those who waste by extravagance)”. [al-A'raaf 7:31]

Plz Answer Me
07-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Assalam o Alaikum respected brothers and sister. Did you ever eat the yummiest foods of the world for iftar like Biryaani,, chargha.. Kabaabs . saammmosaa with chuttttniiii ....yummmy yummy paluk waly pakora..chaaat ????

abs
07-03-2014, 01:53 PM
samosas, chicken sticks, cheese and onion pastys, bhajiyas, cheeseballs - Gujrati iftaari :popcorn: and for sehri - wheatabix, toast with margarine/jam/honey/Nutella, cream and sugar, croissants and left over iftaari :lol:+o(

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
07-03-2014, 03:18 PM
Somosa, Kisuri, Chicken, Lassi, Misti, Biryani :p

Hulk
07-03-2014, 03:58 PM
Wa alaykumsalam wrwb

I was the only one at home for the first few days of ramadan and not being in the mood to cook, all I had was fries and canned sardines. Now the family's back so perhaps I'll be having some better quality food :)

strivingobserver98
07-10-2014, 05:55 PM
These days at suhoor I just bite into a big watermelon :p Alhamdulilaah it replenishes you.

hisnameiszzz
07-10-2014, 08:08 PM
We always open and close our fasts with a date. Tonight it will be followed by spicy rice and chicken, followed by a cheesecake. ;D

Hope you all have a really good Iftari. Don't forget all the people in the world who are going through hardships at the moment when you make dua before you break your fast, especially the Syrians/Palestinians/all the others.

Iceee
07-18-2014, 05:12 PM
Salaam.

Alhumdullilah I am feeling a lot better since the last few days. I'm back to my old self.

So what do you all eat for Sehri and Iftar during this month of Ramadan?

rose17
07-18-2014, 10:41 PM
I have mostly savouries.. have life three different kind.. break my fast with date and zamzam water and have som milkshake.. then after tarawee eat some fruits

rose17
07-18-2014, 10:43 PM
For sehri i only have a cup of hot milk.. some biscuits.. and lots of water !!!!

strivingobserver98
07-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Anyone tried drinking lots of tea at sehri? I heard you don't get thirsty the following day.

Iceee
07-19-2014, 05:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Anyone tried drinking lots of tea at sehri? I heard you don't get thirsty the following day.
Maybe that's why a lot of old people here bring chai to the masjid for Iftar program instead of drinking pinkmilk or water provided ^o)

greenhill
07-19-2014, 07:23 AM
Most often as the saying goes in Malaysia, my eyes are bigger than my stomach. I want to eat everything I see but the stomach can only take a tiny bit of it.

My favourites are sugar cane juice, coconut, water melon for drinks, and then the local foods I won't mention as not many are familiar with it. I do often have cravings for steak... but have not had any this season...

ardianto
07-19-2014, 02:24 PM

Kolak candil. This is what I usually eat for iftar. It made from sweet potatoes and tapioca, dipped into sweet sauce, made from palm sugar and coconut milk.

Wanna try? :)

aflawedbeing
07-21-2014, 08:40 AM
Everyone's going to look at my funny lie my wife does.
I just have a coffee. I can't stomach food, or much liquid when I've just woken up.

Also, if I didn't have coffee my anger would break my fast lol..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!