/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Do My Dua Never Get Accepted?

hisnameiszzz
07-06-2014, 02:22 PM
This a genuine question. Regardless of what ever prayers I make, they never ever seem to get accepted? Am I really that bad a person or am I just wasting my time asking for things? Ps. I am not asking for worldly things or things that are unlawful.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-06-2014, 02:59 PM
:sl:

It was narrated from Abu Sa'eed that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"There is no Muslim who does not offer any du'a in which there is no sin or severing of family ties but Allah will give him one of three things in return: either He will answer his du'a sooner, or he will store it up for him in the Hereafter, or He will divert an equivalent evil away from him because of it." They said: "We will say a lot of du'a." He said: "Allah is more generous."

Narrated by Ahmad (10749), classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb wal-Tarheeb (1633)

Please read this thread which had a similar discussion: un/answered dua??

Muslim Woman
07-06-2014, 05:27 PM

bro , Allah knows what is best for u and when it's the right time to get it . So , have patience . Allah loves those who are patient.

hisnameiszzz
07-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Jazakallah for the responses. I do appreciate them. I totally understand the concept of patience, but I am not a Prophet or a Sahaba and after a while, patience does wear thin which I am sure all of you will comprehend. Like I said, my dua's are not about wordly things, it's more peace of mind, Mom's health getting better, siblings getting on and supporting each other, getting married etc. I am fully aware I cannot simply make dua and expect things to just happen and I have to make an effort too, but nothing ever seems to add up for me. The main thing I am praying for at the moment is that he gives hidaayat to my neighbours (they are neighbours from hell, and I mean HELL! - I am going to do a thread on them in the near future) or something bad happens to them but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. I know that if I asked to win the lottery or get married to Mariah Carey or something stupid like that, then my duas would not get accepted as they are haraam. I'm not sure where I am going wrong. I do my best to pray my salat as many times as I can, and be a good Muslim. I pray the Qur'an daily and I have a whole collection of tasbeehs I pray daily too (subhanallah, alhamdolillah, allahuakbar, astigfirullah, jazallahu anna mohammedam ma howa ahlu, allahuma inna naooza beka minalfitane ma zahara minha wama batan, allahuma innaka afoowun tohibul afwa fahfo annee and loads more etc etc). I pay my Zakat, I give Lillah, I give Sadaka. I follow the principles of Islam and ahadeeth. Also bear in mind, I don't just go running to Allah when I want something. I thank him each time something goes right for me. So if a bus I am waiting for turns up, I thank Allah. If something sells on eBay, I thank Allah. I am not one of those Muslims that just goes running to Allah when I need something.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
07-09-2014, 02:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
The main thing I am praying for at the moment is that he gives hidaayat to my neighbours (they are neighbours from hell, and I mean HELL! - I am going to do a thread on them in the near future) or something bad happens to them but it seems to be falling on deaf ears.
Make dua wish Allah gives hidaayat to your neighbours? That's good.

Or something bad happen to them?. Oh, oh, bro, don't make dua wish Allah give something bad, even to someone you really hate.

Hamza Asadullah
07-13-2014, 03:25 AM
Jazakallah for the responses. I do appreciate them. I totally understand the concept of patience, but I am not a Prophet or a Sahaba and after a while, patience does wear thin which I am sure all of you will comprehend. Like I said, my dua's are not about wordly things, it's more peace of mind, Mom's health getting better, siblings getting on and supporting each other, getting married etc. I am fully aware I cannot simply make dua and expect things to just happen and I have to make an effort too, but nothing ever seems to add up for me. The main thing I am praying for at the moment is that he gives hidaayat to my neighbours (they are neighbours from hell, and I mean HELL! - I am going to do a thread on them in the near future) or something bad happens to them but it seems to be falling on deaf ears. I know that if I asked to win the lottery or get married to Mariah Carey or something stupid like that, then my duas would not get accepted as they are haraam. I'm not sure where I am going wrong. I do my best to pray my salat as many times as I can, and be a good Muslim. I pray the Qur'an daily and I have a whole collection of tasbeehs I pray daily too (subhanallah, alhamdolillah, allahuakbar, astigfirullah, jazallahu anna mohammedam ma howa ahlu, allahuma inna naooza beka minalfitane ma zahara minha wama batan, allahuma innaka afoowun tohibul afwa fahfo annee and loads more etc etc). I pay my Zakat, I give Lillah, I give Sadaka. I follow the principles of Islam and ahadeeth. Also bear in mind, I don't just go running to Allah when I want something. I thank him each time something goes right for me. So if a bus I am waiting for turns up, I thank Allah. If something sells on eBay, I thank Allah. I am not one of those Muslims that just goes running to Allah when I need something.

Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah said "Let none of you think that his Du'aa will go unanswered because of the sins that he knows of himself.

Indeed, Allah responded to the Du'aa of the worst amongst His creation; Iblees (Shaitan, the cursed one), when he said; 'O My Lord! Give me respite until the Day of Judgement!' He (Allah SWT) replied, 'Then you are of those who have been reprieved.' (Surah al-Hijr 36-37).

So if the Du'aa of Iblees' can be accepted, then surely the Du'aa of a sinner has more right than the devil himself!" And surely your Lord is never unjust...

Do not despair of the infinite mercy of Allah

Say: My servants who have acted extravagantly against themselves still do not despair of Allah's mercy. Allah forgives all offences; He is the Forgiving, the Merciful (Az-Zumar 39/53).

Ibrâhîm ibn Adham (d.160H) - rahimahullâh - said, when he was asked about the verse: "Call upon Me and I will respond to you." [Sûrah Ghâfir 40:60] They said: We call upon Allâh, but He does not respond to us. So he said:

"You know Allâh; yet you do not obey Him.
You recite the Qur'ân; yet you do not act according to it.
You know Shaytân; yet you continue agreeing with him.
You claim to love Allâh's Messenger 'alayhis-salâm; yet you abandon his Sunnah (guidance and way).
You claim to love Paradise, yet you do not work for it.
You claim to fear the Fire; yet you do not stop sinning.
You say, Indeed death is true; yet you have not prepared for it.
You busy yourselves with the faults of others; yet you do not look at your own faults.
You eat the sustenance that Allâh provides for you; yet you are not grateful to Him.
And you bury your dead; yet you have not heeded its lesson." [3]

[3] Al-Hâfidh Ibn Rajab related it in al-Khushû' fis-Salâh (p.62).

So my brother never lose hope in making Dua to Allah. We should always bare in mind that we do not know what is best for us and others. It may also be that Allah is keeping our rewards for making Dua to him so that on the day of Judgement when we see the rewards and we ask Allah what are these huge rewards and he tells us that these were the rewards of the many Dua's we did but we thought they were not answered but Allah kept the reward for us. Therefore we would wish that none of our Dua's were accepted so that we may get all the rewards on the day of Judgement.

Therefore never lose hope and keep making Dua and always bare in mind that Allah knows what is best for us and those we make Dua for and it maybe that he is accepting our Duas in other ways that we are not aware of that are even better than the Dua's we made.

So trust in Allah and know he will never turn us away empty handed because those who make much Dua can only be in a win win situation!

May Allah enable us never to lose hope in him. Ameen

hisnameiszzz
07-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Can I just start off by apologising about my post. I am ashamed of myself for moaning about nasty neighbours and duas not being accepted especially when there are innocent children and people being slaughtered in Gaza/Syria/Iraq. However, I am coming so close to walking away from Islam, I just want to get this off my chest.

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Make dua wish Allah gives hidaayat to your neighbours? That's good.

Or something bad happen to them?. Oh, oh, bro, don't make dua wish Allah give something bad, even to someone you really hate.
I do make loads of dua for their hidaayat and have done for months possibly even a year, but it's not happening. So I now pray that something bad happens to them. I am not fully sure if they are Muslims (shame on me for judging them I know!). They do not follow Huquqool Ibaad at all and I know that is quite important in Islam. Today the lovely ***** woke us all up at 9am when she decided to hoover the bedrooms. She clearly knew we were in bed and were fasting but that makes no difference to her. Then it was followed up by non stop door slams. How a Muslim could trouble a neighbour like that is beyond me. And it's not just the 30 year old daughter, the 66 year old mother, the 63 year old father and 26 year old son are all exactly the same. And this is not something new, this is something that happens on a daily/weekly basis and has done for years.

(We can't sell the house as we have to tell buyers about any disputes. Besides as soon as people find out which family lives next to us, they pull out straight away. We've tried talking to them, but they will just slam doors even harder or put dead rats on our car/throw all their rubbish in our yard. We can't go to the Police or the authority because they too know that family is beyond help - the son has been in and out of prison so many times you would lose count. Also the son has friends he made in prison who "sort" people out for him).

format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza Asadullah

So my brother never lose hope in making Dua to Allah. We should always bare in mind that we do not know what is best for us and others. It may also be that Allah is keeping our rewards for making Dua to him so that on the day of Judgement when we see the rewards and we ask Allah what are these huge rewards and he tells us that these were the rewards of the many Dua's we did but we thought they were not answered but Allah kept the reward for us. Therefore we would wish that none of our Dua's were accepted so that we may get all the rewards on the day of Judgement.

Therefore never lose hope and keep making Dua and always bare in mind that Allah knows what is best for us and those we make Dua for and it maybe that he is accepting our Duas in other ways that we are not aware of that are even better than the Dua's we made.

So trust in Allah and know he will never turn us away empty handed because those who make much Dua can only be in a win win situation!

May Allah enable us never to lose hope in him. Ameen
Jazakallah for your response. You sound just like my Mom when she tells me to be patient and do Sabar. I get what you mean about my prayers not being answered because something better is lined up for me, but I am coming close to the point of walking away from Islam, so anything lined up in the hereafter would be no good for me. It might sound very dramatic but put yourself in my shoes. When I make dua, I am not asking for worldly things - no designer car, no posh job, no supermodel wife, no holidays around the world. All I am asking for is peace of mind and I can't even get this. I pray that the nasty neighbours stop causing us so much harm, but it just goes on and on. We can't buy somewhere else until this house sells, so it seems we are stuck in a rut. I turned to Allah because I am at my wits end. I've even contacted numerous Molvi/Mufti (I don't sit and feel sorry for myself, I have researched and contacted people) who have told me to pray certain surahs after each Fardh namaaz and then make dua, but again, no response.

The funniest thing is the mother from the family next door is always telling the whole world and his wife that all her prayers get answered (she is always having loud gossip with someone in the back street so you can't miss it). Everyone is in excellent health, her children are getting married blah blah blah.

Do you think me and my family are being punished by Allah via means of this nasty family for something we have done? Would we better off being like the neighbours? I am sure I could force my sister to dress like a tramp with her bits and pieces on show and her hair out, and get my Mother to go out and gossip and backbite all day everyday, and I am sure I could, if I really tried start doing drugs/alcohol/credit card fraud etc. We could also start hoovering when we know the neighbours are asleep and slam doors non stop too. Maybe our duas will get accepted then.

Any advice please? Please tell me one of you has a secret dua I can pray to sort this dilemma out. Please. Please. Please.........

PS. I love being a Muslim and I love following Islam, but I have just hit a brick wall with this. I can't make heads nor tails of this and I just don't know what to do. I pray namaz/Qur'aan (I pray Yaseen and Kahf and Mulk daily as I've memorised the whole Qur'aan)/tasbeehs, you name it, I do it. I give shed loads of money to poor people. I respect my family/community/even the nasty neighbours (I need help I know!). Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect and I am not floating my boat, but this continuous harassment is just too much.

Hamza Asadullah
07-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Can I just start off by apologising about my post. I am ashamed of myself for moaning about nasty neighbours and duas not being accepted especially when there are innocent children and people being slaughtered in Gaza/Syria/Iraq. However, I am coming so close to walking away from Islam, I just want to get this off my chest.

I do make loads of dua for their hidaayat and have done for months possibly even a year, but it's not happening. So I now pray that something bad happens to them. I am not fully sure if they are Muslims (shame on me for judging them I know!). They do not follow Huquqool Ibaad at all and I know that is quite important in Islam. Today the lovely ***** woke us all up at 9am when she decided to hoover the bedrooms. She clearly knew we were in bed and were fasting but that makes no difference to her. Then it was followed up by non stop door slams. How a Muslim could trouble a neighbour like that is beyond me. And it's not just the 30 year old daughter, the 66 year old mother, the 63 year old father and 26 year old son are all exactly the same. And this is not something new, this is something that happens on a daily/weekly basis and has done for years.

(We can't sell the house as we have to tell buyers about any disputes. Besides as soon as people find out which family lives next to us, they pull out straight away. We've tried talking to them, but they will just slam doors even harder or put dead rats on our car/throw all their rubbish in our yard. We can't go to the Police or the authority because they too know that family is beyond help - the son has been in and out of prison so many times you would lose count. Also the son has friends he made in prison who "sort" people out for him).

Jazakallah for your response. You sound just like my Mom when she tells me to be patient and do Sabar. I get what you mean about my prayers not being answered because something better is lined up for me, but I am coming close to the point of walking away from Islam, so anything lined up in the hereafter would be no good for me. It might sound very dramatic but put yourself in my shoes. When I make dua, I am not asking for worldly things - no designer car, no posh job, no supermodel wife, no holidays around the world. All I am asking for is peace of mind and I can't even get this. I pray that the nasty neighbours stop causing us so much harm, but it just goes on and on. We can't buy somewhere else until this house sells, so it seems we are stuck in a rut. I turned to Allah because I am at my wits end. I've even contacted numerous Molvi/Mufti (I don't sit and feel sorry for myself, I have researched and contacted people) who have told me to pray certain surahs after each Fardh namaaz and then make dua, but again, no response.

The funniest thing is the mother from the family next door is always telling the whole world and his wife that all her prayers get answered (she is always having loud gossip with someone in the back street so you can't miss it). Everyone is in excellent health, her children are getting married blah blah blah.

Do you think me and my family are being punished by Allah via means of this nasty family for something we have done? Would we better off being like the neighbours? I am sure I could force my sister to dress like a tramp with her bits and pieces on show and her hair out, and get my Mother to go out and gossip and backbite all day everyday, and I am sure I could, if I really tried start doing drugs/alcohol/credit card fraud etc. We could also start hoovering when we know the neighbours are asleep and slam doors non stop too. Maybe our duas will get accepted then.

Any advice please? Please tell me one of you has a secret dua I can pray to sort this dilemma out. Please. Please. Please.........

PS. I love being a Muslim and I love following Islam, but I have just hit a brick wall with this. I can't make heads nor tails of this and I just don't know what to do. I pray namaz/Qur'aan (I pray Yaseen and Kahf and Mulk daily as I've memorised the whole Qur'aan)/tasbeehs, you name it, I do it. I give shed loads of money to poor people. I respect my family/community/even the nasty neighbours (I need help I know!). Don't get me wrong, I am not perfect and I am not floating my boat, but this continuous harassment is just too much.

Almighty Allah says in the Qur'an:

"And of the people are some who say, “We believe in Allah,” but when one [of them] is harmed for [the cause of] Allah, they consider the trial [i.e. harm] of the people as [if it were] the punishment of Allah. But if victory comes from your Lord, they say, “Indeed, We were with you.” Is not Allah most knowing of what is within the breasts of the worlds [i.e. all creatures]? And Allah will surely make evident those who believe, and He will surely make evident the hypocrites." [Quran 29:10-11]

Thus, every claim must have its proof, and faith is a claim which needs proof. Steadfastness in times of hardship is a manifestation of faith and it is also the proof of its existence and its firmness. Almighty Allah Says (what means): "Do the people think that they will be left to say, We believe and they will not be tried? But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars.…." [Quran 29:2-3]

Trials will befall us in our lives. Some of us more than others. We only need to look at the situation with our Ummah around the world to realise that what we may be going through is nothing close to what our brothers, sisters and children are going through right now. Looking at those who are worst off than us actually helps us put our own trials into perspective and should make us thankful to Allah that we are not going through any where near as harsh a trial as others are going through right now.

Also we must never lose hope in Allah when making Dua.

Sufyan ibn 'Uyaynah said "Let none of you think that his Du'aa will go unanswered because of the sins that he knows of himself.

Indeed, Allah responded to the Du'aa of the worst amongst His creation; Iblees (Shaitan, the cursed one), when he said; 'O My Lord! Give me respite until the Day of Judgement!' He (Allah SWT) replied, 'Then you are of those who have been reprieved.' (Surah al-Hijr 36-37).

So if the Du'aa of Iblees' can be accepted, then surely the Du'aa of a sinner has more right than the devil himself!" And surely your Lord is never unjust...

Just because we may not see the immediate effects of our Dua's then it does not mean that we should get disheartened and lose hope in the effectiveness and powers of our Dua.

Ibn Al-Jawzi (Ra) commented in one of his books where he discusses this topic about the matter of Dua’s not being answered:

I think part of the test is when a believer supplicates and receives no response, and he repeats the dua for a long time and sees no sign of a response. He should realize that this is a test and needs patience.

What a person experiences of waswaas (whispers from shaytan) when the response is delayed is a sickness which needs medicine – I have experienced this myself. A calamity befell me and I supplicated and did not see any response, and Iblees started to lay his traps. Sometimes he said: The generosity (of Allah) is abundant and He is not miserly, so why is there a delay?

I said to him: Be gone, O cursed one, for I have no need of anyone to argue my case and I do not want you as a supporter!

Then I told myself: Beware of going along with his whispers, for if there was no other reason for the delay except that Allah is testing you to see whether you will fight the enemy, that is sufficient wisdom.

My soul (nafs) said: How could you explain the delay in the response of Allah to your prayers for relief from this calamity?

I said: It is proven with evidence that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, is the Sovereign, and the Sovereign may withhold or give, so there is no point in objecting to Him.

The wisdom behind that is proven in definitive evidence. I may think that something is good, but wisdom does not dictate it, but the reason for that may be hidden, just as a doctor may do things that appear outwardly to be harmful, intending some good purpose thereby. Perhaps this is something of that nature.

There may be an interest to be served by delay, and haste may be harmful. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “A person will be fine so long as he does not become impatient and says, ‘I prayed but I did not receive any answer.’”

The response may be withheld because of some fault in you. Perhaps there was something dubious in what you ate or your heart was heedless at the time when you said the dua, or your punishment is being increased by means of your need being withheld, because of some sin from which you have not repented sincerely. So look for some of these reasons, so that you might achieve your aim.

You should examine the intention behind this request, because attaining it may lead to more sin, or prevent you from doing some good, so withholding it is better.

Perhaps losing what you have missed out on will cause you to turn to Allah and getting it will distract you from Him. This is obvious, based on the fact that were it not for this calamity you would not have turned to Him, because the real calamity is what distracts you from Him, but what makes you stand before Him is good for you and is in your best interests.

If you ponder these things you will focus on what is more beneficial for you, such as correcting a mistake or seeking forgiveness or standing before Allah and beseeching Him, and forget about what you have missed out on.

Source: Sayd al-Khaatir (59-60).

Therefore we must realise that Allah knows better what is best for us so we should have full faith, trust and reliance on him that he will do what is best for us. Also if we wants to increase the effectiveness of our Dua's then the following hadith tells us how to do this:

It was narrated that Faddalah ibn ‘Ubayd (Ra) said: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) heard a man making dua after his prayer, but he did not send blessings upon the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him). The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “This man is in a hurry.” Then he called him and said to him or to someone else: “When any one of you has finished praying (and makes dua), let him start by praising Allah, then let him send blessings upon the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), then after that let him ask for whatever he wants.” (Al-Tirmidhi, 2765)

The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “The slave will receive a response so long as his dua does not involve sin or severing of family ties, and so long as he is not hasty.” It was said, “What does being hasty mean?” He said: “When he says, ‘I made dua and I made dua, and I have not seen any response,’ and he gets frustrated and stops making Dua.” (Al-Bukahari, 6340; Muslim, 2735)

So my brother we must realise that trials will befall us but Allah is testing us to see how strong our resolve is and whether we will turn to him or not. So we must never lose hope. We should make us of the times when Dua's are readily accepted especially the time of Tahajjud. Ask of him, beg and cry unto him and he will never leave you empty handed!

May Allah never make us lose hope in him and make us patient and persevere through trials and hardships. Ameen

hisnameiszzz
07-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Hamza, thanks for the response. To an extent, I know where you are coming from. But I feel I have reached the end of my resolve. I don't think I can take it anymore. So why won't Allah stop this test / punishment?

Just today, the supposed Muslims from next door woke us up at 10am by hoovering the bedrooms, and then slamming doors non stop, one after the other after the other. I pray on a daily basis to Allah, after each fardh prayer which I was advised to do by an Imam I contacted via email, so it shows I am willing to do something about it. I pray Yaseen and Kahf and various other bits and pieces every day too. And like I have said, I have been making dua for years on end. I am NOT being impatient. It's not like this is a new problem, it is ongoing and has been for a very long time.

If this carries on, I will end up slitting my wrists or something like that. I doubt very much Allah wants to test my resolve that much. I'm confused with Islam now. Why on earth would a God shower disobedient servants with joy and happiness and answer all their prayers yet the servants who follow his rules get **** upon from great heights and regularly.

I think I have found my answer. I am going to follow the "Aleister Crowley" version of Islam my neighbours follow: do whatever you want, hurt whoever you want, don't follow Islam and all will be good. If that doesn't work, I'm out. At least I won't be wasting my time following rules and regulations when it amounts to sweet f/a!

Thanks for the respones guys. Much appreciated.

BilalKid
07-20-2014, 12:38 AM
I am going to follow the "Aleister Crowley" version of Islam my neighbours follow
What is that? ^o)

hisnameiszzz
07-20-2014, 10:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
What is that? ^o)
The religion my neighbours follow: "do whatever you want, hurt whoever you want, don't follow Islam and Allah/whoever will answer your prayers and all will be good".

Examples:

1) Drink
2) Take drugs and deal drugs
3) Do major credit card fraud, buy lots of houses with it and then do some time in jail
4) Don't follow Huquqool Ibad, that's so last year
5) Slam doors all day, every day without fail
6) Have a fan installed in your bathroom on your neighbours wall so that each time you switch it on, it makes such a loud noise your neighbours will think a drone is attacking them, and switch it on and off during the night for extra effect
7) Hoover when you know the neighbours are asleep
8) If you are female, cut your hair short and have it coloured every week. Also wear clothes so your body shows and your breasts can be seen by the whole world
9) Park your car in everyone's yard causing them harrassment. If they come to tell you to move it, tell them to f/o
10) Throw all your litter in someone else's yard
11) Stand in the back yard and gossip loudly about the whole world
12) All the men and women in the family (non mahram - brother/sister in law should mingle freely, chat, gossip, laugh)
13) Listen to music loudly
14) Only go to the Masjid on a Friday or a couple of times in Ramadhan

And best of all, Allah/whoever they believe in, answers ALL their prayers.

Why I wasted my life on following Sunnah / the Holy Book is beyond me. I wish I had never bothered. Follow the supposed right path and your life is a nightmare.

Unless a massive sign happens before the end of Ramadhan, I will be turning my back on Islam all thanks to the neighbours. I genuinely can't be bothered wasting my time praying / following rules and regulations when they amount to sweet f/a in this world. Don't get me wrong, I understand if I carried on following Islam, I would be in one of the highest heavens after death, but I've just got to the point where I want a tiny bit of respite in this life as I am heading for a breakdown!

NB. Just had about 25 loud door slams in the last 10 minutes. So 25 x 5 (of us being harrassed by the noise) x 70 (multiplier for Ramadhan) = 8750 ghunaa in a whole 10 minutes. Nice!

unknown10
03-02-2018, 12:12 AM
The religion my neighbours follow: "do whatever you want, hurt whoever you want, don't follow Islam and Allah/whoever will answer your prayers and all will be good".

Examples:

1) Drink
2) Take drugs and deal drugs
3) Do major credit card fraud, buy lots of houses with it and then do some time in jail
4) Don't follow Huquqool Ibad, that's so last year
5) Slam doors all day, every day without fail
6) Have a fan installed in your bathroom on your neighbours wall so that each time you switch it on, it makes such a loud noise your neighbours will think a drone is attacking them, and switch it on and off during the night for extra effect
7) Hoover when you know the neighbours are asleep
8) If you are female, cut your hair short and have it coloured every week. Also wear clothes so your body shows and your breasts can be seen by the whole world
9) Park your car in everyone's yard causing them harrassment. If they come to tell you to move it, tell them to f/o
10) Throw all your litter in someone else's yard
11) Stand in the back yard and gossip loudly about the whole world
12) All the men and women in the family (non mahram - brother/sister in law should mingle freely, chat, gossip, laugh)
13) Listen to music loudly
14) Only go to the Masjid on a Friday or a couple of times in Ramadhan

And best of all, Allah/whoever they believe in, answers ALL their prayers.

Why I wasted my life on following Sunnah / the Holy Book is beyond me. I wish I had never bothered. Follow the supposed right path and your life is a nightmare.

Unless a massive sign happens before the end of Ramadhan, I will be turning my back on Islam all thanks to the neighbours. I genuinely can't be bothered wasting my time praying / following rules and regulations when they amount to sweet f/a in this world. Don't get me wrong, I understand if I carried on following Islam, I would be in one of the highest heavens after death, but I've just got to the point where I want a tiny bit of respite in this life as I am heading for a breakdown!

NB. Just had about 25 loud door slams in the last 10 minutes. So 25 x 5 (of us being harrassed by the noise) x 70 (multiplier for Ramadhan) = 8750 ghunaa in a whole 10 minutes. Nice!

I know its veryyy old post but had your problem been solved now?

hisnameiszzz
03-10-2018, 07:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by unknown10
I know its veryyy old post but had your problem been solved now?
How random that I was flicking through the website by chance and I noticed this.

It's still the same ---- but a different day. The amount of noise the beasts make is so bad. For a "Muslim" couple aged 72 and 65 to put their Muslim neighbours (the rest of my family are still Muslim) through this is hard to accept. I end up having panic attack after panic attack which is very debilitating.

Mom is more or less immobile now and her health has deteriorated so although I would love to move away it's not going to happen. She still won't move from this house and I've stopped trying to convince her. It's not nice watching a woman of almost 70 crying. I still have no idea what her attachment to this house is but it is what it is.

I don't make prayers anymore so I can't complain they don't get accepted. I actually stopped following about 2 years ago. I just didn't see the point.

When I was going through my worst time, I did reach out to quite a few local Imams but they had no time for me or simply said it will get better which made me feel even worse.

Someone that befriended me on here has been in touch lately and has been giving me a lot of support with the anxiety and panic attacks, so for that I am grateful I joined this website. Thank you very much. I guess I have accepted this is what my life going to be like for now so instead of moaning I'll just try and deal with it the best I can, and if I don't I'll just drop dead from a heart attack or something. Sorry I'm not after a pity party.

Thanks for asking by the way.

I hope everyone else is doing okay.

Misbah-Abd
03-10-2018, 08:42 PM
How random that I was flicking through the website by chance and I noticed this.

It's still the same ---- but a different day. The amount of noise the beasts make is so bad. For a "Muslim" couple aged 72 and 65 to put their Muslim neighbours (the rest of my family are still Muslim) through this is hard to accept. I end up having panic attack after panic attack which is very debilitating.

Mom is more or less immobile now and her health has deteriorated so although I would love to move away it's not going to happen. She still won't move from this house and I've stopped trying to convince her. It's not nice watching a woman of almost 70 crying. I still have no idea what her attachment to this house is but it is what it is.

I don't make prayers anymore so I can't complain they don't get accepted. I actually stopped following about 2 years ago. I just didn't see the point.

When I was going through my worst time, I did reach out to quite a few local Imams but they had no time for me or simply said it will get better which made me feel even worse.

Someone that befriended me on here has been in touch lately and has been giving me a lot of support with the anxiety and panic attacks, so for that I am grateful I joined this website. Thank you very much. I guess I have accepted this is what my life going to be like for now so instead of moaning I'll just try and deal with it the best I can, and if I don't I'll just drop dead from a heart attack or something. Sorry I'm not after a pity party.

Thanks for asking by the way.

I hope everyone else is doing okay.
May you see the error of your ways and make tawbah to Allah Azza wa Jal before your respite is over.

Nitro Zeus
03-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Recite “Al Fatiha” at the beginning of your Du’a, and then recite “Durud e Ibrahim” and after his recite your Du’a that you want to make and then recite again “Durud e Ibrahim” in the middle of your Du’a and after you have finished reciting, recite one more time “Durud e Ibrahim” at at the end of your Du’a and then say “Oh God! Accept my Du’a with the mediation(waseela) of prophet Muhammad and hen finish. The next step is, put your trust in God, be confidence that He’ll answer your Du’a and you just have to wait, make Du’a all the time, try not to miss the obligatory prayers, do more good deeds. And ask something that does not goes against anything that He Said in Quran.

Nitro Zeus
03-10-2018, 09:10 PM
Maybe you’re asking something bad and maybe you’re asking something that goes against whatever He Said in Quran. Maybe, He knows it is not good for you or maybe He knows when will be the perfect time for getting your Du’a accepted, maybe He wants to grant you in Heaven your wish not in this life, that’s why sometimes Du’as aren’t accepted. Maybe, you don’t pray at time, maybe you don’t do the obligatory things which God has made it be obligatory.

hisnameiszzz
03-10-2018, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nitro Zeus
Maybe you’re asking something bad and maybe you’re asking something that goes against whatever He Said in Quran. Maybe, He knows it is not good for you or maybe He knows when will be the perfect time for getting your Du’a accepted, maybe He wants to grant you in Heaven your wish not in this life, that’s why sometimes Du’as aren’t accepted. Maybe, you don’t pray at time, maybe you don’t do the obligatory things which God has made it be obligatory.
Thanks for your reply.

The only thing I asked for was a bit of peace and quiet for my Mom - she is elderly, she should not be scared like this by banging doors constantly. I ask that she agrees to move so we can move to a smaller house where we don't have jaheel neighbours. I pray that my health gets better and that my Mom also gets better. I also asked for marriage to someone who would be able to make me whole. I pray for world peace and that innocent people do not end up suffering.

I'm not asking for fancy cars, or big houses or a fancy job. I'm not asking for a fancy body or perfection. That's all materialistic. It can come and go.

Just this week after about 2 years I prayed some tasbeehs on my way to work and yesterday, I prayed all my Jummah surats and I even prayed to Allah after Jummah namaaz. There is hope. I would love to have an Imam that I could sit and talk with, sometimes people need a bit of guidance and that's what I wanted but they are oh so busy and do not have time. Oh well.

Nitro Zeus
03-10-2018, 09:25 PM
Thanks for your reply.

The only thing I asked for was a bit of peace and quiet for my Mom - she is elderly, she should not be scared like this by banging doors constantly. I ask that she agrees to move so we can move to a smaller house where we don't have jaheel neighbours. I pray that my health gets better and that my Mom also gets better. I also asked for marriage to someone who would be able to make me whole. I pray for world peace and that innocent people do not end up suffering.

I'm not asking for fancy cars, or big houses or a fancy job. I'm not asking for a fancy body or perfection. That's all materialistic. It can come and go.

Just this week after about 2 years I prayed some tasbeehs on my way to work and yesterday, I prayed all my Jummah surats and I even prayed to Allah after Jummah namaaz. There is hope. I would love to have an Imam that I could sit and talk with, sometimes people need a bit of guidance and that's what I wanted but they are oh so busy and do not have time. Oh well.
Well, if you really wish for health, then you must be patient and have full faith and put trust in Him. Maybe sometimes, He gives us lessons by giving us hard times so that we may learn something, like to become strong and to know what we must do next time. But, you must take care of yourself first and then you take of others and leave others alone, you take care of yourself, because you’re the one who will be question by God on the Great Day, you’re the one who will be Punished or Rewarded by Him on that Day, so peace it is good but what’s the use of peace if there are some who rejects Islam? They won’t find peace in Hereafter, am I right? Only the believers will find peace in this world and also in Hereafter. I understand you, that You wanna be a good person, but there are some jerks who don’t deserve peace in this world and only God knows who To give peace and who not to have.

space
03-10-2018, 09:28 PM
dua goes through the sky and its answer comes suddenly down, when you can't expect it. It's a part of ghayb.. no one knows what place and when Allah Will answer your dua

hisnameiszzz
03-10-2018, 09:40 PM
Thanks both. It's a bit too much to take in - I know what you are saying makes sense or should but I have not slept properly in forever so I sometimes struggle with even basic things. I'm severely depressed at the moment and I am going to reach out for help via the GP. I also need to get help for the panic attacks and anxiety.

Nitro Zeus
03-10-2018, 10:17 PM
[QUOTE=hisnameiszzz;2986538]Thanks both. It's a bit too much to take in - I know what you are saying makes sense or should but I have not slept properly in forever so I sometimes struggle with even basic things. I'm severely depressed at the moment and I am going to reach out for help via the GP. I also need to get help for the panic attacks and anxiety.[/

Why you can’t sleep well? Trust me on this, it will work, I have read about this. But there’s still no guarantee that you’ll get it but you must have strong faith and confidence and trust in Him and live the rest up to God.

hisnameiszzz
03-10-2018, 10:29 PM
Why you can’t sleep well? Trust me on this, it will work, I have read about this. But there’s still no guarantee that you’ll get it but you must have strong faith and confidence and trust in Him and live the rest up to God.
I have neighbours that are extreme jaheels. Think constantly slamming doors, day in day out, all day. It normally stops at about 1am but that doesn't mean someone will not wake up and go to the bathroom and slam all the doors again. My poor nephews are scared of coming here due to the noise.

The Police can't do anything. The local Council say "it's their house and they can do what they like". As "Muslims", you would have thought they would have some akhlaq, but no.

I know you will be shouting "move out", but my Mom will not move and she is elderly and poorly and there's my problem. I can't just ditch her (oh trust me, I would love to and I have even thought about it, but I am not that callous) and move out because there will be no one to look after her.

Nitro Zeus
03-10-2018, 10:34 PM
I have neighbours that are extreme jaheels. Think constantly slamming doors, day in day out, all day. It normally stops at about 1am but that doesn't mean someone will not wake up and go to the bathroom and slam all the doors again. My poor nephews are scared of coming here due to the noise.

The Police can't do anything. The local Council say "it's their house and they can do what they like". As "Muslims", you would have thought they would have some akhlaq, but no.

I know you will be shouting "move out", but my Mom will not move and she is elderly and poorly and there's my problem. I can't just ditch her (oh trust me, I would love to and I have even thought about it, but I am not that callous) and move out because there will be no one to look after her.
I’m so sorry to hear this, if I were you I would tell to others “stop making noises, some people are trying to sleep!!!” Be tough in these situations, sometimes you have to be bad in order to get what you want. Or, if no, try to ignore, put the headphones in your ears and put your favorite music and sleep. Or, take something that will make you feel sleepy in such that when you close your eyes, you will fall asleep and you’ll not hear anything till the morning and the problem is solved, I suppose. I hope this advice is good.

hisnameiszzz
03-10-2018, 10:57 PM
I’m so sorry to hear this, if I were you I would tell to others “stop making noises, some people are trying to sleep!!!” Be tough in these situations, sometimes you have to be bad in order to get what you want. Or, if no, try to ignore, put the headphones in your ears and put your favorite music and sleep. Or, take something that will make you feel sleepy in such that when you close your eyes, you will fall asleep and you’ll not hear anything till the morning and the problem is solved, I suppose. I hope this advice is good.
If they had any humanity they would close doors not bang them. We've tried speaking to them about it but they only slam more.

I know this is my test but I am really struggling with it.

I do have ear phones on in my bedroom every night. Otherwise a loud door slam will end up in a panic attack. I've also been on sleeping tablets for a long time but they don't make any difference.

I've found a forum where people suffering from nightmare neighbours chat and that has helped me a lot.

What I would do for some peace though.

Thanks for your help.

Umm Malik
03-10-2018, 11:18 PM

Brother .. did you come back to islam ??
It seems like you are suffering from mass it means jinns.
Csn I ask you something ?
Does your neighbors practice sihr ?? If no ... have you ever you or one of yiur family do such things like reading books of sihr or some of those practicing things ??
So I think you have to do rukyah you and your whole family
Another thing you can say
Allahumma kfinihim bima shieta wa kayfa shieta innaka ala kulli shayin kadeer
اللهم اكفنيهم بما شئت وكيف شئت انك علی كل شيء قدير
Do know that this life is nothing
Ask yourself where is my grandparents and them grandparent ... all they passed away and we will also ..
So ... try to see how much things you have while others don't have but they are so happy
You know if you don't appreciate the "small" things that you have you will never be happy with the things that you don't
Because you also have something that is a dreams for someone else
Try to think of your eyes are they not a big gift many people wish to have ??
Your hands you understanding ... a lot of things
Brother as one who used to have panic attacks ... I can tell you that i start to know that everything can be a good ... even that years with those panic
You know why ??
Because before that I wasn't think that I have something in my life
I was thinking that I am the unhappy person in this world
But after that problem I repent to allah and promised him to be a good muslim if my suffering stoped
And after that my problem became to heal gradually.
Till allah take away everything from me alhamdulillah
But after that I became another person
My patient my life my understanding of this dunya my happiness because when I just think of the peace of mind I get with my repentance I know that allah can give you to test you and can take away from you somethings for your benefit.
But you can't know this now ... but after a time of trying to accept your situation and trying to change what you can change into the best .

- - - Updated - - -

Brother .. did you come back to islam ??
It seems like you are suffering from mass it means jinns.
Csn I ask you something ?
Does your neighbors practice sihr ?? If no ... have you ever you or one of yiur family do such things like reading books of sihr or some of those practicing things ??
So I think you have to do rukyah you and your whole family
Another thing you can say
Allahumma kfinihim bima shieta wa kayfa shieta innaka ala kulli shayin kadeer
اللهم اكفنيهم بما شئت وكيف شئت انك علی كل شيء قدير
Do know that this life is nothing
Ask yourself where is my grandparents and them grandparent ... all they passed away and we will also ..
So ... try to see how much things you have while others don't have but they are so happy
You know if you don't appreciate the "small" things that you have you will never be happy with the things that you don't
Because you also have something that is a dreams for someone else
Try to think of your eyes are they not a big gift many people wish to have ??
Your hands you understanding ... a lot of things
Brother as one who used to have panic attacks ... I can tell you that i start to know that everything can be a good ... even that years with those panic
You know why ??
Because before that I wasn't think that I have something in my life
I was thinking that I am the unhappy person in this world
But after that problem I repent to allah and promised him to be a good muslim if my suffering stoped
And after that my problem became to heal gradually.
Till allah take away everything from me alhamdulillah
But after that I became another person
My patient my life my understanding of this dunya my happiness because when I just think of the peace of mind I get with my repentance I know that allah can give you to test you and can take away from you somethings for your benefit.
But you can't know this now ... but after a time of trying to accept your situation and trying to change what you can change into the best .

CalmPassenger
03-11-2018, 05:20 PM
Never give up..Never surrender... Everything is going to be alright..Always be hopeful...

*charisma*
03-12-2018, 09:27 AM

May Allah grant you what it is you seek bro and may He increase you in strength, patience, and piety ameen. I know it's been tough for you these past few years. What you're doing for your mom will never be overlooked and I hope you don't ever think about leaving her even with the hardship you are facing. What you're doing for her is very admirable and difficult, but no where as near what our parents do for us. I know you'd like to have an imam to talk to, but maybe some honorable friends could also give you the type of comfort and reassurance you need during this trial, or even a good islamic book that will open your eyes and heart to your situation from a different perspective?

One suggestion I might offer for the door slamming is maybe figuring out how you can blunt the sound and giving it as a suggestion to the neighbors upstairs.

hisnameiszzz
03-17-2018, 02:17 PM
All my friends tell me to move out. As I have explained, my Mom will not move (her husband was very manipulative and controlling - he kept her locked up at home and never let her out) so I can understand where she is coming from. But living next to these animals is making me ill. It's also affecting her a lot. She has lost a lot of weight, her hair is falling out. I know she is getting old but the noise stresses her. Each time the animals slam a door or bang something, she looks at the clock in a frightened manner.

I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. My head says just move. My heart says don't (if I go, who will look after Mom and cook and clean).

The noise is always going to be bad. The house we live in is poorly built and the animals we live next door to have no understanding of Huquqool Ibaad or Akhlaq, no two ways about it. However, if you were to ask our neighbours on the other side, they would tell you they don't hear a sound from us. We close doors, not slam them. We walk up and down steps, not pound up and down. We don't purposefully bang things against the wall to frighten them.

The more I think about it, the more upset I get. I rarely get any sleep and it's late at night that Satan comes to talk to me and whispers all kinds of things into my head. I think this is one of the reasons my faith went. I have no one to talk to. My non Muslim friends do not talk about religion. My Muslim friends are Muslim by name only - they've suggested I go and drink with them and go dancing and forget about all my worries, lol.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

*charisma*
03-17-2018, 02:57 PM
All my friends tell me to move out. As I have explained, my Mom will not move (her husband was very manipulative and controlling - he kept her locked up at home and never let her out) so I can understand where she is coming from. But living next to these animals is making me ill. It's also affecting her a lot. She has lost a lot of weight, her hair is falling out. I know she is getting old but the noise stresses her. Each time the animals slam a door or bang something, she looks at the clock in a frightened manner.

I'm stuck in between a rock and a hard place. My head says just move. My heart says don't (if I go, who will look after Mom and cook and clean).

The noise is always going to be bad. The house we live in is poorly built and the animals we live next door to have no understanding of Huquqool Ibaad or Akhlaq, no two ways about it. However, if you were to ask our neighbours on the other side, they would tell you they don't hear a sound from us. We close doors, not slam them. We walk up and down steps, not pound up and down. We don't purposefully bang things against the wall to frighten them.

The more I think about it, the more upset I get. I rarely get any sleep and it's late at night that Satan comes to talk to me and whispers all kinds of things into my head. I think this is one of the reasons my faith went. I have no one to talk to. My non Muslim friends do not talk about religion. My Muslim friends are Muslim by name only - they've suggested I go and drink with them and go dancing and forget about all my worries, lol.

I just don't know what to do anymore.
I'm just thinking of how you've left islam during a time when you're reaping all of these rewards from this hardship :D

Seriously though..do you think there's a small possibility that your mom will warm up to a new place after she moves in?? Does she ever leave the house at all? I mean it could start off as a staying there for few hours a day to spending one night there per week..you know, sort of slowly acclimating her to the new place until she is fully comfortable without her feeling that she has to commit to it right away?

hisnameiszzz
03-17-2018, 03:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
I'm just thinking of how you've left islam during a time when you're reaping all of these rewards from this hardship :D

Seriously though..do you think there's a small possibility that your mom will warm up to a new place after she moves in?? Does she ever leave the house at all? I mean it could start off as a staying there for few hours a day to spending one night there per week..you know, sort of slowly acclimating her to the new place until she is fully comfortable without her feeling that she has to commit to it right away?
I know where you are coming from kind sister but the Satan's whispers got too much for me. I feel ashamed but it is what it is. I'm not happy about it but I am not.

She won't move out. We've been there and done that. I even put an offer on a small 2 bedroomed house but had to pull out because she stopped talking to me and each time I mentioned moving, she just completely ignored me like I did not exist. I've been showing her pictures of bungalows but she just glazes over and stops talking to me for days on end. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

She rarely goes out unless it is a hospital appointment. She has really bad arthritis and her left leg completely freezes up quite often so I have to lift her down the stairs. It's actually really sad. I just want her to be happy and to be able to relax and enjoy her later years but it's not possible in this house.

Thanks so much for replying. Your response means a lot and I do appreciate it.

cinnamonrolls1
03-17-2018, 03:07 PM
I know where you are coming from kind sister but the Satan's whispers got too much for me. I feel ashamed but it is what it is. I'm not happy about it but I am not.

She won't move out. We've been there and done that. I even put an offer on a small 2 bedroomed house but had to pull out because she stopped talking to me and each time I mentioned moving, she just completely ignored me like I did not exist. I've been showing her pictures of bungalows but she just glazes over and stops talking to me for days on end. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

She rarely goes out unless it is a hospital appointment. She has really bad arthritis and her left leg completely freezes up quite often so I have to lift her down the stairs. It's actually really sad. I just want her to be happy and to be able to relax and enjoy her later years but it's not possible in this house.

May allah grant shifa to her inshallah :)

*charisma*
03-17-2018, 03:19 PM

Can you buy the neighbor's house? lool

I hope one day you find your way bro. I genuinely mean that. It seems you have some faith left but it's just clouded by all of the hardships, loneliness, and shaytan. I hope one day you will be strong enough to overcome that, overcome this situation, and any other hardships in your future and return to Allah with all of the sincerity, love, and strength you deserve to have ameen.

Your mom is a tough one, I give her that :D Had you lived near I wouldn't have minded taking care of her while you got some snoozes in, but alas this is life..and I'm sure you're doing a much better job than anyone else could.

Inshallah khair. One day it'll be over..nothing lasts forever.

hisnameiszzz
03-18-2018, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Can you buy the neighbor's house? lool

I hope one day you find your way bro. I genuinely mean that. It seems you have some faith left but it's just clouded by all of the hardships, loneliness, and shaytan. I hope one day you will be strong enough to overcome that, overcome this situation, and any other hardships in your future and return to Allah with all of the sincerity, love, and strength you deserve to have ameen.

Your mom is a tough one, I give her that :D Had you lived near I wouldn't have minded taking care of her while you got some snoozes in, but alas this is life..and I'm sure you're doing a much better job than anyone else could.

Inshallah khair. One day it'll be over..nothing lasts forever.
Well they won't sell it will they. Although before they moved in, the man who lived there asked my Dad to buy it but my Dad said no. He sent most of our money to his sisters abroad (they were never poor and had more money than us but it is what it is), so that's still a bone of contention. If he had bought that house, how things would have been different. I guess this was in our kismet.

I don't think I ever left my faith but I did get very cross with Allah (not that I have any right!). It's just when my sleep went due to the panic attacks and what not, I ended up over thinking things and Satan whispered to me every night. And when things went from bad to worse, I just didn't know where to turn. I know I did some crazy angry weird posts on here about 2 / 3 years (how embarrassing) and said all kinds of ridiculous things under the sun but that was the first time in well over 10 years I had the courage to say / type anything so it all came out in a whirl. There was a person who used to post on here and he was very angry with Islam and there was something he said which I thought "actually he may be right". I won't post what he said because I don't want to be the person who leads others who are weak astray.

My faith is coming back bit by bit. Heck, I even do my tasbeehs on the way to work a few times a week, I'm surprised I even remember them all and in the order I used to pray them in - a total of 25 tasbeehs. I've also started praying the Qura'an every Friday. Again, I am surprised I remember it all even though i have not touched it for over 2 years. I even said "thanks" to Allah after Zohar today because the noise was not too bad yesterday.

Bless you, you are a kind lady. My Mom is lovely, just super stubborn. She is not needy nor does she every ask for anything. I just feel partially responsible because my Dad treated her worse than you would treat your worst enemy. She would be so embarrassed if she found out I was moaning and complaining about the noise especially when there are people out there who have no homes etc. I've just made "halim" (cow feet or cow toes or whatever it is) with her, she can't hold bowls anymore due to her arthritis so I had to wash the cow bits and put them in the pot. They were so slimy and animal like - I'm vegetarian you see.

Thanks again for your kind words. It means a lot to me. I guess a few years back when I started yelling, I just wanted someone to talk to for a bit of support. There are a couple of posters on here who have given me a lot of support over the years. I won't forget who you are and how much you have helped me.

I will just have to try my best to learn to live with the noise for now until we do eventually move.

Umme salma
03-18-2018, 03:30 PM
when we think religion as some magic pill, it will never work... God loves those who complain to HIm, He understands your nature, and what you have gone through... i often now look at life as an analogy to sholin temple, where a student comes in, practice all needed disciplines and endures what comes his ways,doesnt mean that we dont question our faith, or we dont become distress, but through it we are learning about self and about the world around us.. and most importantly the inner relationship with our Creator, God hasnt left us without Guidance, or to teach us how to solve our issues.... so we go through different ways to change what is creating the stress...do we need to change our perspective, perception or is a practical physical step we need to take that we haven't yet come to.... it forces us to evolve in our thinking, so look at life, to see what it is showing you as objectively as you can when you can, and nurturing the self while we go through understanding our haq is also important... there is a state called the 'the dark night of the soul' it is a concept of a soul going through a process of purification, healing, evolving, awakening, understanding, training the nafs.. it is part of our growth... by the way which is a universal concept, no one can deny.. just people give it different names.. we will always resonate with truth.. as our soul is more evolved than our nafs are aware of.. i hope this helps and glad to see your your perception is supporting the reality you are in right now.. there are phases souls must go through to see more, it stretches our vision and we can learn to equip ourselves better and teaches us strength and discipline, we are solvers .. there is always a way where there is will... in sha Allaah you will find a good lass who will be part of your journey as hers will be part of yours.. may Allaah open up your blessings so you may see what has been going on all along.. :)

hisnameiszzz
03-29-2018, 11:39 AM
Back to square one, the noise over the last week has been abysmal and I am having panic attack after panic attack. I know the whole horde of animals will come over for the Easter Holiday so I am already dreading that. Mum's arthritis has flared up again so I can't even go out.

I wish there was something I could do to cope.

BurningHeart
03-31-2018, 05:15 PM
You need to understand one thing, when Allah rabul 'izza plans a person to get more closer to him then He puts them under test. And before Allah rabul 'izza plans to give the test, Allah rabul 'izza also grants the person the strength and capacity to undergo the hardship.

Your daily zikr or doing tasbeehat, along with duas are not going in vain. But rather, this difficulty is pushing you towards a stronger level of Imaan. One needs to get through the push of sabr to attain this. It was not for any reason that the likes of companion such as Bilal (radh) would be put on the burning heats of Arabian desert with a rock on top of the chest. And Khabab (radh) would be dragged on the burning coals, where in the coals would cool down with the burning flesh of his back.

Other Sahabahs like Abu Dhar Ghiffari (radh) was hit by a mob when he openly proclaimed that he became a muslim. Even Abu Bakr (radh) was beaten toughly by the Quraish.

When one opens the book of seerah, it leaves me amazed that when the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) went to isra miraaj, the opponents wanted to derail and weaken the Iman of the Sahabah (radh) as to how it is possible to have Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) go to bait maqdis and then Sidrat Muntaha to meet Rub 'aza wa jam in just over one night? When the opponents tried to inform that the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) claims to have gone through this, what did Abu Bakr (radh) say? He did not say 'its not possible because its illogical or impossible' (ilyazubillah min zalik).

He simply said 'I have never heard the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) lie, I believe in everything he says' - Hence the title As Sideeq.

It just astonishes me when I open up to remind myself of what really did the companions of the Prophet (sallahu allay wasalam) under went, and what state of Imaan and Sabr they had. SubhanAllah our state is so fragile, that we just give up on small tests.

Rather the Salaf Saliheen would be very happy when they would under-go hardship because they thought that is how they would receive the pleasure of Allah rabul 'izza. They would ask the person under-going hardship to make dua for them, why? because they thought the duas of the person who under-goes hardship is more effective.

I honestly really do want to write on further, and expand on what was the state back during the time of the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam). How tough would it be that their own people forced the Sahabah (radh) and the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) to leave Makkah, which was their very own home and where they grew up. They were forced to leave their families.

But the Sabr did not go in vain, Allah rabul 'izza gave them respect and nobility when they over-took the Holy city of Makkah. But even then the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) was so humbled that he bent his head down in humility.

I will try concluding with one verse, rest maybe we can think about it.

'...and be Patient. Indeed Allah is with the patient.' [In Surah Anfal, verse 46]

Do you know what is the beauty of this verse? SubhanAllah...
When you know Allah rabul 'izza is with you while you are going through the trials of Sabr, then what is there to worry?

And since the Rasool Allah (sallahu allay wa salam) was most closest and beloved to Allah rabul 'izza, for this verse to be true to its essence it was the reason why our beloved Rasool Allah (sallahu allay wa salam) faced the most hardships which no one has ever done before and will ever after.

familon
03-31-2018, 07:44 PM
This a genuine question. Regardless of what ever prayers I make, they never ever seem to get accepted? Am I really that bad a person or am I just wasting my time asking for things? Ps. I am not asking for worldly things or things that are unlawful.
Start by asking very simple requests that you know in your heart are possible for you to accomplish then go and do your best and when you start getting these prayers answered, move on to bigger and better things.

hisnameiszzz
03-31-2018, 08:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BurningHeart
You need to understand one thing, when Allah rabul 'izza plans a person to get more closer to him then He puts them under test. And before Allah rabul 'izza plans to give the test, Allah rabul 'izza also grants the person the strength and capacity to undergo the hardship.

Your daily zikr or doing tasbeehat, along with duas are not going in vain. But rather, this difficulty is pushing you towards a stronger level of Imaan. One needs to get through the push of sabr to attain this.
I'm not sure I will be able to pass this test then.

It goes against everything Islam is about. I've been listening to bayans by Aalims last week, yesterday and today. They've all gone on about the rights of neighbours constantly. Apparently someone who takes the rights of someone else is in danger of punishment. Well 15 plus years and it's still not happened.

Sometimes I feel quite strong and can handle that is a test but then at other times, I end up thinking why do I bother, none of it even makes sense.

Maybe I am the jaheel one after all and the animals next door banging / crashing / making other people's lives hell is actually what a Muslim should do and what Islam is about.

I give up!

Nitro Zeus
03-31-2018, 08:21 PM
I'm not sure I will be able to pass this test then.

It goes against everything Islam is about. I've been listening to bayans by Aalims last week, yesterday and today. They've all gone on about the rights of neighbours constantly. Apparently someone who takes the rights of someone else is in danger of punishment. Well 15 plus years and it's still not happened.

Sometimes I feel quite strong and can handle that is a test but then at other times, I end up thinking why do I bother, none of it even makes sense.

Maybe I am the jaheel one after all and the animals next door banging / crashing / making other people's lives hell is actually what a Muslim should do and what Islam is about.

I give up!
No no, don’t give up just like this, have strong faith and strong confidence that it will happen as you wanted. Remember this:

“Never give up on something you really want.”

I have also similar problems like you have but, I try not to think of them and to find solutions to do something about them.

BurningHeart
04-01-2018, 01:59 PM
Giving up is not a viable solution here, speaking of giving up we have a certain old tale which speaks of a king (can not remember his name atm) that kept loosing battles, on the eighth loss he sat down and was on the verge of giving up. He noticed a scorpion nearby that kept trying to climb to ceiling, but it kept falling. The king had some pity for it, and told one of his attendants to help the scorpion reach the top and whenever the attendant would try to get near it would try to sting him. So the night they watched the scorpion which kept on falling down, but on the ninth try (or something) it managed to successfully climb.

The king taught to himself, if the scorpion which kept falling down kept on trying and in the end accomplishing its task, why can not I? and the next day he won the battle.

As a muslim, we have to keep trying and not giving up on any tests. At times we will fail keep failing but on the other occasions we will be successful. We as a mere slave of rub 'Azza wa jal alone can not alone succeed in the tests. It is actually the mercy and rahma of Allah rabul 'izza that He allows us to succeed hence we have many duas which continuously were read by the Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) to show humbleness and know that we alone can not do as we want, it is only the mercy and rahma of Allah rabul 'izza who allows us to succeed.

We to have know well that as you, I or anyone out there travel along life we come along at points that we see something good happening and as a muslim we should do Shukr. And when something bad happens our role is to have Sabr. These two are recipes of life that puts the Imaan of a believer on the state of peace. And what is interesting, for a believer (mu'min) whatever the state falls upon him/her, it is always for the person's benefit and goodness.

As our beloved Prophet (sallahu allay wa salam) has mentioned in a reported hadith:
'Strange is the affair of a mu'min (the believer), verily all his affairs are good for him. If something pleasing befalls him he thanks (Allah) and it becomes better for him. And if something pleasing befalls him he is patient (sabir) and it becomes better for him. And this is only for the mu'min.

We do feel that Zulm (oppression) is being done upon us, this is because we do not know the Islamic History. If we really knew what hardships the Companions (radh), the Prophets ('allay salam), the Salaf Saliheen such as Imam Bukhari (rah), Imam Ahmed bin Hanbal (rah) etc then we would know what troubles we are facing is minor compared to theirs. But SubhanAllah they still remained steadfast upon the deen, never left the Imaan.

If I move just a bit more deeper, generally we translate Sabr has patience in English but this is the third level of Sabr. According to Islamic translation the first two stages of Sabr are linked to steadfastness. Where the highest stage of Sabr is steadfastness in the Ibadah of Rub 'Azza wa Jal and the second level is steadfastness in staying away from Sins while the last stage is having patience in any difficulties.

Getting back to the point.

Speaking of neighbours, the Shaytan never wants the person of Imaan to climb the ladders of reaching closer to Allah rabul 'izza hence one way he does succeeds in his task is by trying to hoard evil thoughts in the heart for others. Or in other words having malice and hatred.

Certainly we are thought to have the rights of the neighbours. And to do well to others even if others are doing badly or wrongly towards you. Do not live with the motto that one does good to only those who do good to them, but rather ensure that one fulfils the rights. And when one executes justice upon everything around us, then we find harmony within the life.

Truly I can understand how disturbing it is to have such neighbours. I remember one of our neighbours were couples who were late night partying type, with loud music on while alcohol being served. But we, as a family, did what was right which was to be good to them. What we did was we sent some dishes that were cooked in our home, and any other gifts that could be sent along. It so did happened, that they started feeling guilty and bad for what they are doing and they knew that we are muslims living right next-door. Until they literally shifted their home somewhere else. There was another family on the other side of neighbour-hood, similar case and they shifted.

The next neighbour that came across were Arabs, they had white huskies which would bark loud. We did the same, subhanAllah they gave away the dogs and in Ramadan they kept on sending their traditional iftaar foods. Even though we barely met, and they also left later onwards. The current neighbour now are from Shia ideology, I guess they are impressed enough that whenever we pass by the dad of the house would wave and he would be seen sitting right nearby the first saff (row) for Juma prayers (:P) lol.

On the other side we have neighbours that are Hindus, pretty staunch. At first they were aggressive in their approach to see us muslims living, they would tilt around with the rubbish bin outside. But we did what was right, which was to give things to their house. Even now when my mum passes by them the lady of the house waves and she even visited to ask if we can give any vegetables that grow in our backyard.

Yes, pretty much had different neighbours across.

It is about doing our own part. The power of Sunnah of even smiling to a brother has a large impact on the person. Give it a test, if you know a muslim that approaches harshly to you or is aggressive. Just walk down and say 'Assalamualaikum' with hand out, he will reply and as a matter of fact a time will come when he will be the first giving salaams to you.

When we have neighbours around, we should show our good conducts and manners. I understand it is not easy, and it does takes guts. Knowing that a neighbour maybe hostile or aggressive but you got to do your part. Try sending gifts or some food across, in the end of the day, they also have a heart and they will feel guiltiness in their own part.

It is a shortcoming for us to see the next generation having really bad manners, and I say that as a muslim who is looking around the next generation of muslims growing up. There is no sense of shame or haya on how they treat the elders let other any other person out there. When such as our Akhlaq, then we really can not expect a first good impression on us muslims. But if we truly stick to what Islam teaches us, the Shari'a teaches us that we will realise that people will start respecting and loving us.

I still feel the need to write further, but I really do not want it to make a big whole essay. And truthfully, I have not managed to re-read what I have written above so do excuse my grammatical mistakes. But I will conclude with one incident of Sultan Salahudeen Ayyubi (rah), and this incident I still have not managed to get it across in book or written form but I have heard from one of our teachers. (so not sure about authenticity unless someone knows here)

When Sultan Salahudeen Ayyubi (rah) was fighting the crusades, it so happened that the leader/commander of the crusades fell ill. What Salahudeen Ayyubi (rah) did was he sent his personal physician (who was a jew) to attend for the aid of the commander.

The relations of Christians and Jews were not good at that time, while the leader was fighting Sultan's army. But as a muslim person Sultan Salahudeen Ayyubi (rah) did what was deemed good and right. Even the opponents felt it when Sulahudeen Ayyubi (rah) passed away.

So yes, as a muslim we should do good even if anyone does bad towards us. Be it neighbour, or any family relatives. Its tough but it never goes in vain, because we will see the importance of it when once we go to grave.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!