/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Being Anti Social In Ramadhan - Is It A Good Thing?

hisnameiszzz
07-09-2014, 05:07 PM
Have I got Islam/Ramadhan totally wrong? I thought it was part of deen to be a good person and not cause anyone any harrassment and abuse.

My junglee supposedly Muslim neighbours are well known for being anti social and slamming doors day and night (amongst other things). They have now upped the game and are at it continuously during Ramadhan. I am talking from Sehri to a few hours after and then from 9am to an hour or two after Iftari. How they think we sleep is beyond me. Also, does it not break your fast if you trouble someone else when you are fasting?

However, the other neighbours, again supposedly Muslims, are at it too now. Continously slamming doors shut. Just had 6 loud slams whilst I was trying to pray the Holy Book. They didn't do it much before Ramadhan but they are now constantly at it.

Have I missed something? Is there another pamphlet out about Islam/How To Be A Muslim and have the rules changed again? If so, could someone forward me a copy! I am sure, in fact I am certain that when I went to Madressah, I was taught about respect and honour for other humans (not just Muslims). And when I go to sermons these days, they say "don't be anti social", "look out for other people" etc. Have I understood it all incorrectly or am I processing it all wrong?

Confused dot com. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Please advise. Jazak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hisnameiszzz
07-09-2014, 05:17 PM
PS. I followed suite and slammed a door and my Mom went bonkers. I got a huge telling off. She told me I should be ashamed of myself. If one of the neighbours are asleep, then I should not cause them any harrassment.

I'm beginning to wonder if my Mom is following an old school Islam and whether I should tell her to keep up with the times and follow the new anti social Islam that all the neighbours are following?

strivingobserver98
07-09-2014, 10:22 PM
What do you mean, you try and go to neighbours house and they slam the door at your face?

hisnameiszzz
07-09-2014, 11:14 PM
Salaams Farhan, what a gorgeous name, same as my nephew.

No, I do not go to their house and would never do.

I live in a terraced house with my Mom and siblings. The houses are all directly next to each other. So when they wake up and go downstairs, they slam the front room door shut with such force, it makes a huge noise and wakes all of us up. The stupid woman will then open the same door again and slam it shut. She does this a few times. Then she will go into the kitchen and slam that door shut, repeat the process. She knows we are fasting but she does it anyway. Then her stupid husband wakes up and does the same thing.

None of them are mentally ill. They are all perfectly sane.

I was just wondering if this is the new Islam as they are supposedly Muslim. The neighbours on the other side also do the same but at different times.

Do you guys all do this? Did I understand the Holy Book and ahadeeth wrong? Should I be doing the same?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
07-10-2014, 05:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Salaams Farhan, what a gorgeous name, same as my nephew.

No, I do not go to their house and would never do.

I live in a terraced house with my Mom and siblings. The houses are all directly next to each other. So when they wake up and go downstairs, they slam the front room door shut with such force, it makes a huge noise and wakes all of us up. The stupid woman will then open the same door again and slam it shut. She does this a few times. Then she will go into the kitchen and slam that door shut, repeat the process. She knows we are fasting but she does it anyway. Then her stupid husband wakes up and does the same thing.

None of them are mentally ill. They are all perfectly sane.

I was just wondering if this is the new Islam as they are supposedly Muslim. The neighbours on the other side also do the same but at different times.

Do you guys all do this? Did I understand the Holy Book and ahadeeth wrong? Should I be doing the same?
:wa:

Oh ok, slamming the door? Maybe go to them and advise them kindly that it disturbs me during the night, please can you reduce the noise etc. As far as I know in Islam it's highly recommended to treat the neighbours with kindness.

Alpha Dude
07-10-2014, 07:54 PM
We get it, you're frustrated. The sarcasm needn't go on. :)

Have a polite word with your neighbours, they might not realise what they are doing.

hisnameiszzz
07-10-2014, 08:02 PM
Thanks for your response. I've tried the polite word in the past and we ended up with dead rats on our car and even more door slams. :raging:

Ğħαrєєвαħ
07-10-2014, 10:23 PM
:sl:

Judge the book and not it's people..Islam is perfect though the people are not. If you are interesting in learning more about Islam, study the life of the prophet PBUH and the noble word of Allaah SWT the Qur'aan..the prophet SAW is an example for all of muslims and non muslims to follow i.e. whole of mankind. If you find that someone whom considers them self a muslim and is acting otherwise, he is then not practicing his faith well or he is human and weak and not perfect. If speaking to them in person doesn't work, speak to someone in authority..and have sabr at the same time as this a characteristic of the prophet Sallaahu Alaayhi wa salam.

wa'Salaam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!