/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Important for all members! Report orphaned posts and errors

AabiruSabeel
07-10-2014, 12:52 AM
:salam:

Alhamdulillah we have successfully reverted the forum back to vB4. The restoration process wasn't very straight forward due to fact that we had been running vB5 for nearly 5 months and we had accumulated more than 2000 new posts during this period. All these new posts and the new users who had registered after the upgrade had to be properly imported back to the old backup database of vB4. During this process, some of the posts were assigned to wrong thread(s) by mistake.

If you ever come across any such posts which you feel should belong to a different thread, then please inform us by replying on this thread.

We had also disabled all the plugins after the restoration of the forum because vB4 is not compatible (yet) with the php version running on our server. Now I have re-enabled the plugins after un-installing and disabling some of the incompatible plugins. There is a possibility that you might see some error messages at the top. Please inform us here whenever you come across any such errors and warnings.

:jz:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
07-11-2014, 02:50 PM
This is an important request to all the members:

Please click on your post count shown under your avatar to search for your own posts during the last few months. You can also click on your username and select "View Forum Posts" to do that.
Carefully go through the search results and look at the thread titles. If you find any of your posts in an unusual place or inside a thread in which you had never posted, please inform us asap. I found several of my posts moved to different threads and moved them to the correct locations today. I am sure many of you will also find your posts in incorrect locations. We have to move them back to their correct threads.

:jz:

Muslim Woman
07-11-2014, 04:38 PM
:sl:

oh i today reported a post that i found totally off topic and i thought he is spamming .

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!