/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Convert Cancer Patient Requesting Visitors

aflawedbeing
07-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Amazing story of Muslim convert cancer patient who requests visitors

The following message was shared via social media:

“There is a revert (Muslim convert) brother Peter Chatfield, who is in Queens Hospital, Sahara Ward B5. He is now paralysed from chest down due to cancer in the spine. The Doctors have given him 6 months. He does not have many Muslim friends and wants to be surrounded by brothers inshaa’Allah. So I humbly request that Ramadan is on our doorstep let’s go and see this brother and remind ourselves of how fortunate we are, no matter what is going on in our lives right now.”

The response he received was amazing. Not long after the message spread via social media, hundreds of Muslims from all backgrounds went to visit Peter in the hospital.

Emdad Rahman (pictured above), who visited Peter with his father writes in his blog:

Pete’s deteriorating condition has led to an astonishing and overwhelming response from our community;

“I am truly blessed,” said Pete. “I don’t turn anyone away. In the last few days I have had over 400 visitors. It’s madness, and I’m so thrilled and feel so blessed to be so loved. That is the most important thing here – love.”

Pete has had an astonishing number of visitors. A visitor flew in from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, just to see him and fly back. The day before a family from Pennsylvania, USA came to spend some time with him.

If you have the good fortune to visit Pete you will notice right away how chirpy a character he is. Pete is sharp, focused and doesn’t forget a name or face. He kept cuddling Dad and engaged in interesting conversations with him;

“I know I haven’t long left,” he said. “I’m ready to go and I hope anyone I have hurt or upset can forgive me before I leave you all.

“Am I scared about leaving life? No, I’m at peace and surrounded by so much love. In fact I had to temporarily block my phone as I couldn’t handle the calls and messages I have received. I have not had one moment of doubt of where I’m going. Blessed be those who visit me.”

Amidst all this Pete has thoughts for his fellow patients;

“I wish everyone here a speedy recovery. There’s so much you learn about human nature and life. Some people don’t receive a single visit and I have hundreds.”

“It’s so sad but that is the reality of life. People need to take a minute and spend some time with their loved ones – doing the important things in life – it’s a lot more than just a working, eating, sleeping routine for 60 or 70 years.”

Peter also recorded a video message for everyone to see:

We ask Allah to ease his pain and cure our beloved brother. Ameen

Here are the details to his hospital, please call the ward before visiting him:

Peter Chatfield, Queens Hospital, Sahara Ward B5

Queens hospital.
Rom valley way, Romford, Essex RM7 O9A
Visiting times 10:30am – 7:30pm

http://muslimvillage.com/2014/07/08/...ests-visitors/

Masha'Allah. This is absolutely amazing.
If I were local I'd love to visit him.

If there's any brothers reading this near him, pay him a visit insha'Allah!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!