/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Have I commited shirk?

alisha823
07-10-2014, 05:43 PM
As-salaam, Recently I have been trying very hard to pray five times a day and read the quran and basically be a good muslim. At first, it was great. I was very motivated and everything but for the last few days I have been getting lazy again, rushing through salah and everything. I feel very bad but today, it got worse. I was performing the zuhr salah and basically when I was doing the sujood, picture of a laptop was popping in my head and a part of me was thinking "all praise to Allah" and a part of me was thinking "a laptop is great too". I know this probably makes no sense at all. But I was trying to picture bowing to the Kaaba and then there was a picture of the laptop on top of it. I think it might have been because my laptop was there in front of me during my prayers, on my bed. I just don't know. I feel like I have committed shirk by having thoughts of a machine during sujood. I know it probably sounds ridiculous but I am really worried. Recently I can't seem to concentrate in salah and keep getting distracted. I feel like it can't be the devil because it is Ramadan. So is there something wrong with me? Please try to understand and help. Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
07-10-2014, 07:49 PM
It's nothing. Just the unconscious conjurations of your mind or a waswas from the shaytan. Ignore it. Nothing to worry about. The more you pay heed to these kind of non-deliberate thoughts, the more they tend to occur.

Bottom line is that it was non-deliberate and as such, nothing to be worried about.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!