/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Huquqool Ibaad

hisnameiszzz
07-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Salaams all.

Quite recently, there was a bayaan on Friday before Jummah prayers at my local Masjid. It was about Huquqool Ibaad - respecting family/neighbours/community etc.

Can I ask what Huquqool Ibaad means to you and how, if at all, you follow it?

Also, the Imam said "if someone does not respect the rights of their family/neighbours/community then they are not a MOOMIN". Could someone clarify what a MOOMIN is to me. Does it mean that if someone does not follow Huquqool Ibaad then they are not a Muslim?

Jazaakallah and hope you are all having a good Saturday.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

Yes, I follow huquqool ibad. And beside my duty as Muslim I have another reason for it. If I did not respect other people, how could other people respect me?.

Huquqool ibad is one duty of us as Muslims if we want to be a moomin, or person who has fully iman. But it doesn't mean if we are not moomin we are not Muslim. We are still Muslim, but in lower level, or Muslim just by name.

muslim brother
05-05-2017, 02:05 PM
rights of others is so important ,because without it any good deeds someone does are wiped away and transferred on to the oppressed.
another of my pet peeves is our focus on foreign affairs ,when locally within our communities
daughter in laws are abused and even beaten
wives too
neighbours treated like nothing
and more

on the day of judgement a muslim with a pile of good deeds will first be taken to task by anyone he oppressed in any way
the oppressed will take his/her good deeds
if there are no good deeds left ,the sins of the oppressed will be put into his/her account

now you see how important it is to safeguard ones good deeds by fulfilling rights of others

so it is quite possible that arrogant ignorant "worshippers" end up with nothing

thus the need for humility and good character

piXie
05-05-2017, 06:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED PATEL
another of my pet peeves is our focus on foreign affairs ,when locally within our communities daughter in laws are abused and even beaten...
:sl:

What happens to any part of the ummah of Rasool Allaah :arabic5: is our affair. The Muslims r like one body, no part of it is foreign.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!