/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nothing bad happens to a believer.

Abdur Raheem
07-15-2014, 02:08 AM
"Bad things happen, right? Wrong! Everything that happens to a believer is good or it has more good in it than bad. Alhamdulillah, it is always a win-win situation for the believer.
Consider the hadith of Rasoolullah (SAW) told to us by Suhaib in which Rasoolullah (SAW) said,
“The affair of the believer is amazing! The whole of his life is beneficial, and that is only in the case of the believer. When good times come to him, he is thankful and it is good for him, and when bad times befall him, he is patient and it is also good for him” (narrated by Muslim).

Indeed, we all fall sick, get into accidents, or are saddened at times of despair. However, the believer easily overcomes such hardships.
Rasoolullah (SAW) said that,
“When the believer is afflicted with pain, even that of a prick of a thorn or more, God forgives his sins” (narrated by Bukhari).

It is reported that Abu Hurayrah, the companion of the Prophet, had a favorite illness! He is reported to have said,
“There is no illness that afflicts me more beloved to me than fever; it enters every part of me and [because of it] Allah the Mighty and Sublime gives every part of me its share of reward” (narrated by Bukhari in Al-Adab Al-Mufrad).

Subhana’Allah, if only we could all celebrate when we got sick or something misfortunate happened to us!
In terms of hardship, we should look to the Quran for guidance as it states,

“Those who patiently preserve will truly receive a reward without measure” (Translation of the Meaning of the Holy Quran, 39:10) and “And bear in patience whatever maybe fall you: this, behold, is something to set one’s heart upon“(Translation of the Meaning of the Holy Quran, 31:17).

In times of hardship, many of us remember Allah (SWT), but do we remember Allah (SWT) in times of ease? Rasoolullah (SAW) said,
“Remember Allah in times of ease, and He will remember you in times of hardship” (narrated by Ahmad).
Whenever something afflicts us, we should smile and say Alhamdulillah (Praise be to Allah).

Consider the story of the King and his servant, Abdullah.
Abdullah would say Alhamdulillah to everything that would happen to him, whether good or bad. One day while hunting, the King accidently shot-off his finger and Abdullah responded with his normal, Alhamdulillah. Upset, the King jailed Abdullah to which Abdullah responded Alhamdulillah. Soon thereafter, the King went out hunting again by himself. He strayed into tribal enemy grounds and was captured. The tribe was about to sacrifice him before they realized he was missing a finger. Knowing full-well they should not sacrifice an incomplete human being, they released the King. Ecstatic, the King knew that his misfiring the other day saved his life. He went back home and freed Abdullah. Afterwards, he asked Abdullah, “I understand the loss of my finger was something worth saying Alhamdulillah over, but why did you say it when I jailed you?” Abdullah responded, “Had I been with you that one day instead of in jail, I would have been sacrificed, since I did have all of my fingers!”

Verily, the Quran states,
“but it may happen that ye hate a thing which is good for you, and it may happen that ye love a thing which is bad for you. Allah knoweth, ye know not” (Translation of the Meaning of the Holy Quran, 2:216).

Therefore, O Muslim, always be optimistic and respond with Alhamdulillah! and Remember that Everything happens with you is for GOOD."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
drac16
07-16-2014, 10:36 PM
:sl:

My, my! what a glorious God we serve! :D

Thank you for that reminder, akhi. May I ask, what is the source of that story of the King and his servant? it sounds like something Rumi would've written.

hisnameiszzz
07-16-2014, 11:22 PM
I have heard the story about the King and his Friend. It was said in a sermon by Sheikh Tauqueer Chaudhry recently at my local Masjid.

He also told us about another story which involved a man, his wife and his camel. The man was walking his camel when all of a sudden it ran off. His wife told him to go after it but he said it was time for Jummah prayers and that was more important. The camel has run off at this point. Just before he went, the wife reminded him it was his turn to water his field. (There was an irrigation system where each farmer got an alloted slot of time to water his field). Again, the man said it was time for Jummah and it was more important. The wife tried to intervene saying all their crops would dry up but he insisted on going to Jummah.

On his return from Jummah namaaz, he noticed that the camel was back at his house. Shocked, he asked his wife. She told him that a gang of dogs had chased the camel back home. The man was very impressed. He then went to his field and noticed that his field was fully watered. Shocked, he asked the neighbouring farmer how it had happened. The neighbouring farmer said "I forgot it was my turn and accidentally put the irrigation system pointing in your field".

There was "khair" in this story. The farmer followed Islam with such devotion that at times of adversity, Allah came to his aid.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!