/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dissociative Identity Disorder and Islam

Berries'forest
07-15-2014, 02:20 PM
SalamAlaikum

I would like to know what you guys think about a case where a Muslim suffers from DID with all it symptoms including self-harm urges and suicidal thoughts also violent tendencies that are completely spontaneous and switch through triggers. Also what if the person has more than 5 or so alters and each is very different from the other including ones that have opposite genders and drastically different belief, like atheism or agnosticism for example.

I understand that this is an extremely controversial condition and that many people believe it's unreal, faked or caused by demonic spirits inhabiting the body But in real cases what is the basic Islamic ruling. AFAIK some criminal courts put this condition into consideration when dealing with potential sufferers.

Also, people with this disorder often report feeling empty or void as in flat effect, and faith in Allah requires Iman when sometimes they report its absence and they can't control it,so what's the judgement on that.

Shokran and Ramadan Kareem:statisfie

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Berries'forest
07-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Please, does anyone have any insight on this, I'd really appreciate it.

Berries'forest
07-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Please, Please, Please, anyone with anyone insight on this matter would be extremely helpful.

BilalKid
07-16-2014, 10:28 PM
You read the hadith on sane persons?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BilalKid
07-16-2014, 10:30 PM
“The pen is lifted from three people: A person sleeping until he wakes up; an insane person until he regains sanity; and a child until he reaches the age of puberty.” (Bukhari & Muslim)

Berries'forest
07-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Thank you. Is there anymore insight on this subject.

Muhammad
07-18-2014, 01:13 AM
:wasalamex sister,

I hope Ramadhan is going well :ia:.

For an Islamic ruling, it would be best to consult a scholar. But there are certain principles in Islam that we know, such as the fact that Allaah :swt: is the Most Just and that He doesn't burden anyone beyond what they can bear. The hadeeth quoted above demonstrates this too. Allaah :swt: is fully aware of our abilities and limitations and does not wish to place hardship upon us.

I think if there is someone who might suffer from this problem, they should seek cure from Allaah :swt: through du'a and Ruqya, and consider medical/psychiatric help available. They should try their best to deal with the problem and have trust and hope in Allaah :swt:.

And Allaah :swt: knows best.

Berries'forest
07-18-2014, 04:13 AM
Thank you brother Muhammad, that was really helpful. I hope Allah eases the hardships of those suffering from this disorder.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!