/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Beardly Life

Beardo
07-16-2014, 03:01 PM
About TheBeardlyLife

TheBeardlyLife (TBL) is a journal of my experiences, adventures, and musings as I seek to develop a deeper, more insightful meaning of life. Sure, nobody said life would be easy, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a purposely-difficult journey. As I trek through big cities and narrow mountain passes, cross great plains and vast oceans, I hope to provide myself, first and foremost, and then to the readers, the lessons I’ve learned along the way. I also hope to relay them on this blog in a fun, creative, and engaging style.

So why the beard?

There are a number of reasons as to why I choose to identify myself, and this blog, using the beard. First of all, I’ve never actually used a razor on, what I call, my “virgin” beard. I’ve only ever trimmed it, at most, since the tender, impressionable, rebellious age of 13 (hairy Bangladeshi genes ftw). Thus, the facial hair almost has a form of sentimental value to me and adds a personal imprint to this blog.

Secondly, the beard seems to hold some form of noble significance. For example, from a religious perspective, you’ll notice how the prophets, Jesus and Moses, are always depicted with a beard. Even from a teenage, nerdy outlook, you’ll see that the paternal characters of Gandalf and Dumbledore sporting elongated white beards. It seems to be a common symbol of wisdom and aged experience. I thought that resonated well with the purpose of this blog, which is to seek a more soulful meaning of life.

So who is the bearded man behind the blog?

I would like to consider myself an adventurous bloke, but not in the stereotypical definition of bungee jumping and deer hunting. No, I find my thrill in developing myself as a person, as a Muslim, as a son, as a brother, as a friend, as a writer, as a chef…and the list is endless (hence the thrill).

I’m a student in school and at heart. I enjoy reading, writing, hiking, biking, running, cooking, eating, baking, procrastinating, meeting new people, and…well, almost anything and everything. I suppose one of my favorite activities, like, when I’m feeling down in the dumps or simply trying to stabilize my heart rate after drinking coffee, is to grab my shoes and hit the streets for a run.

My life motto is “compassion despite disagreement.” You’ll learn more about me as you read through the posts.

And I have so much love to give, so stay tuned.

Articles that might interest you:
5 Lessons from the First Month of Working Full-Time

Why I Don't Drink

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
07-16-2014, 10:42 PM
^o) what is purpose of this what this for?

greenhill
07-17-2014, 03:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Beardo
So who is the bearded man behind the blog?
Ha ha... we won't know except that you call your self Beardo! I guess there must be a beard somewhere! I tried to grow a beard but it just grows too wild so it's constantly trimmed.

So, you're a cook/chef? That will be an interesting topic....:D

ardianto
07-19-2014, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
^o) what is purpose of this what this for?
Introducing bro Beardo's new blog.

Click the green letters in his post, then you will arrive in his blog.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
learnqurankids
10-12-2014, 05:14 PM
Nice stories, specially the taxi driver one!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!