/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Use of Words and Symbols

jkekeis
07-18-2014, 06:27 AM
Salam Alaykum

I wasn't sure how to ask this question as it's a bit odd. I build furniture in my spare time and I recently embraced Islam. I wanted to know if a person could use words from the Qur'an or Du'a or even Allah's (SWT) name on something like furniture and, if so, are there any restrictions to it. I know, it sounds odd, but the last thing any of us want to do is something out of ignorance or stupidity and upset Allah (SWT).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-18-2014, 11:08 AM
Welcome to the deen.

As far as I am aware, the arabic words in the quran has sacred values to it... Not sure if I am putting in the right context, but they represent God's words. The danger is the placement of these words. We must be careful so as not tohave them placed where we may step on it, sit on it or in anyway allows for accidental disrespectful treatment of the word or symbol.

Just my thoughts and understanding on the matter.

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!