/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Boycotting Israeli Goods - List Companies

hisnameiszzz
07-19-2014, 03:45 PM
Salaams all.

Does anyone actually boycott any Israeli goods / companies that give money to Israel? If so, please can we have a list of companies that you boycott so that we can all follow suit......

Starbucks
Arla (milk company in the UK)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
07-19-2014, 04:00 PM
:wasalamex

I came across this message... putting it here for information:

As we impotently watch the events unfolding in Gaza, there are text messages and e-mails flying around asking us to boycott Israeli goods or companies that have close relations with Israel. But we’ve been here before haven’t we? We need to ask ourselves why previous boycotts have failed and what lessons can we learn from them.

There are a few problems with boycotts. One of the main problems is the sheer number of companies that have links with Israel. On some websites we see over a 100 diverse companies, ranging from GAP to Shreddies. Just remembering the list is impossible, let alone acting on it. It is impractical to boycott all of them. Sometimes the link to Israel may also be tenuous. This leads to cynicism amongst some people, and in the end the majority of us boycott none of them! Another problem with boycotting is something more profound, yet basic. Many people feel that they have “done their bit” by boycotting a company. It soothes our fragile conscience and makes it easier for us to switch the TV channel when the news comes on. If the reason behind a boycott is to help our brothers and sisters, then it is usually very hard to see tangible results, and this leads to de-motivation. We might ask ourselves, “Why should we inconvenience ourselves when nothing seems to happen from the boycott anyway?”

Be realistic! The solutions to the above problems lie in some of the following:

* Reduce the number of companies being boycotted to a few at a time. Target companies that can be effectively and totally boycotted to produce real results. Don’t stop boycotting until they collapse or reconsider their actions. Definitely do not stop just because the fighting seems to have ended or there is less coverage on the TV and newspapers.

* If you are boycotting a company, tell your family, friends, colleagues and even strangers. Stick posters at appropriate locations and make a big deal about it. Encourage others to follow your principled stand. Also, don’t forget to send an e-mail to the company you are boycotting, informing them that their support for Israel has cost them the most important thing in the world to them – money.

* Remember and remind others that boycotting is not the full answer – it is merely a part of it. The real answer lies in uniting together on the principles of Islam and breaking down the barriers of mistrust, nationalism and sectarianism that have led to a situation where 1.3 billion can be terrorised by 13 million. Here is the recommended boycott list you are asked to follow:

1) Marks & Spencers Few companies are as public and proud of their support for Israel and Zionism. What makes matters even worse is the fact that they are always moaning about declining profits and making a loss, yet still find money and time to support a desperately unpopular foreign “state”. M&S has been the focus of boycotts for years, but during this economic crisis they are especially vulnerable. For the store founded by Zionism cheerleaders, it is about time we boycotted them into bankruptcy – and encouraged all people of justice to do the same.

2) Starbucks Not only does Starbucks have a chairman who is a committed supporter of Israel, but they also have supported and funded various events and possibly websites that raise money for it. Added to this, they have even donated an entire store to US troops in Afghanistan and free coffee beans for the troops in Iraq. In two words – Starbucks sucks.

3) L’Oreal & Estee Lauder The chairman of Estee Lauder, Ronald Lauder has personally led a rally in Jerusalem and co-founded a right wing Israeli think tank. L’Oreal was given the Jubilee award by Israel for services rendered, and even has a special product line on display in some shopping centres called L’Oreal Israel. Boycott them. Despite the adverts, they’re not worth it!

The above list is just one. There are so many out there. It is very important that we focus on few companies at a time. This has worked recently with Soda stream.

May Allah help us.

Scimitar
07-19-2014, 04:16 PM
...and one more thing,

there is an app available on the same - scan a barcode and it lets you know if its an Israeli product. DON'T GET THIS APP - it snaps your MAC address then collects it for purposes unknown (my guess is so a list of irate Muslims can be listed in a database and sent off to some govt agency somewhere)

You don't need an app to tell you if a product is Israeli in origin, just look at the packaging, it tells you all you need to know. Made in Israel - should be enough for thinking heads.

strivingobserver98
07-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Yes as bro Scimi mentioned take close look at the packaging. Below you can see it on meat products.

EGP410d 1?1 -

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
07-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Jazakallah for the responses people.

Thanks for the information about the app. Uncle Scimi gee. It's quite strange that there were handouts in the Masjid advertising a similar app. asking everyone to download it and scan the barcodes of date packets before buying them. I wonder if all the information off the phone would be collated somewhere......???

I did some research on Estee Lauder and have stopped stocking their items on my eBay. I have a client in USA who buys products by the bucket load but only Estee Lauder. I told her I no longer stock those items. I know I will be losing out on big profits, but innocent Palestinians mean more to me than money. I've prayed for forgiveness for the items I bought from Estee Lauder in the past and hopefully Allah will accept it. Does anyone know of any other skincare/cosmetic companies that are alligned with Israel?

Jazakallah.

Scimitar
07-19-2014, 05:30 PM
How about you still stock estee lauder but donate say, 85% of the profits from the sale of estee lauder to palestinian causes?

We work smart, we work well in sha Allah.

For example, it's no secret that coca cola donate to Israel, but did you know that for every can that is sold, they only donate 0.005p, that's so insignificant, but it adds up... however, imagine you stock Cocal Cola and decided to donate say 0.05p to palestinian causes, you would be donating 10 X more per can sold to palestinian causes than they to Israeli ones... now think, we'll never meet the quota to match, but at least we can try and even the odds a little yes?

lateral thinking wins.

Scimi

hisnameiszzz
07-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Uncle Scimi gee, I hear where you are coming from and I promise to think about it. I am not completely sure though, I would still be indirectly aiding the Yahoods if you know what I mean.

Out of interest, whose side would Arabs be on? Israel or Palestine? I know some Arabs in Leeds who love Starbucks and will happily spend loads of money on their coffee. Also, when I did buy Estee Lauder products from department stores, the only customers I saw there again were Arabian ladies in their headscarves. It's just a general question and I am by no means judging anyone. Perhaps they don't know said companies donate profits to Yahood, or maybe they just don't care.

cOsMiCiNtUiTiOn
07-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Asalaam Aleikum, I posted this on another forum and thought I would share it here.

Don't think your purchase makes a difference? Lets do some math shall we?
I will use my neighborhood as an example. If one person per household purchased just one bottle of pepsi/coca-cola, that would be roughly 90 homes for my street alone (average of 10 homes per block). Keep in mind most homes have 2+ people in them :) but for this purpose we will pretend there is just one. There are 6 streets in my neighborhood before having to cross a big road. So, this makes about 540 bottles of cola/pepsi.

Each bottle of cola/pepsi is $2
Multiply by 540
That is a total of $1,080 just on one little bottle of cola/pepsi that one person of each home purchased in one day. I understand it doesn't all go towards israel, however, we keep them in business and contributing to the cause with each purchase.

How many neighborhoods in a city? State? country? Shall we continue?

I think you get the point.

A very powerful thing you can do is boycott. Boycotting is a small yet powerful step we all must take so that when we stand in front of Allah the Almighty, at least we can say that the rizq He provided us with did not kill an innocent human. I've explained how big of an impact one small purchase has, these companies rake in loads of money every single day and its going towards the oppression of your brothers and sisters!! The products do NOT have to be made in Israel for funding to go towards them. Here are a few links to show you what brands you need to be avoiding.

http://www.baceia.org/wp-content/upl...ts-Updated.pdf

Boycott Israel Campaign 2012

Most of these brands fall under Strauss Strauss Group . Strauss is teamed up with pepesiCo and owns danon, lays and man many more, just take a look, if you can recognize the logos in their language.

"We are active in 23 countries worldwide in our diverse fields of activity through partnerships with multinationals. We bring our know-how in Coffee, Water, Chocolate, Dips & Spreads to diverse markets and cultures, making them accessible to people just the way they like them, adapted to local tastes and habits."

AND

"Israel is our home base, the cultural wellspring that engendered our values-driven activity and our professional knowledge. The largest food company in Israel was born of a Zionist vision, love of the country and giving. "
no surprise they are behind loads of processed foods that make people sick eh? This is one of the many reasons I advocate whole simple foods, not in cans or wrappers, just local. It automatically gives your money to the right place. You know, when I was looking at the list of products (you bet I looked at every label on all sites :D ) The tribulation of food that will come with Ad-Dajjal came to mind. Don't forget!

Oh and for the record, Starbucks is not "debunked" Starbucks CEO Calls Himself ?an Active Zionist,? but Can You Find It Anywhere on the Web? | Arab News ? Saudi Arabia News, Middle East News, Opinion, Economy and more.

Yes there's many brands, but there isn't many companies actually. Most of our home products( in the United states) are Procter&gamble for example. I truly believe that it's time Muslims wake up and step up to their responsibility of being conscious of how our decisions affect out surroundings. Unfortunately it has taken a huge issue such as that of Palestine to get is as an ummah started. I guarantee you that everything you buy for yourself and your home I available locally from smaller brands that would really benefit from your dollar and have wonderful positive effects in your immediate surroundings, your environment and ultimately the people who live on this earth. Let me remind that these same companies that support zionism, cruelty and abuse are the same one who make toxic products that are harmful to your health and many of these companies such as Estee Lauder, torture animals or pay to get testing done in order to get their products out, which are harmful for you anyway . Johnson&Johnson, aveeno, dial etc are full of parabens and chemicals yet they are marketed as safe for you and your family. This goes for convenience and packaged food as well. Is it a surprise? No. They only care to make money. Not about you or any human life. I hope time is taken to reflect on this.

-Nusaybah

hisnameiszzz
07-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Salaams.

Comsic, you are right. I don't think I could live with the fact that part of the money I use to buy Estee Lauder products will be used to attack civillians in Palestine / Gaza. If I then donate some money back from the profits I make to help the civillian, it will seem a bit 2 faced of me. To me, it would seem like smacking someone with a cricket bat and then saying "awww, sorry".

To anyone who uses beauty products, here is a list of companies owned by Estee Lauder. It's actually quite scary as most of those brands are the ones I stocked. Looks like no more eBay skincare business for me. I actually feel very ashamed of myself for not having done my research first and selling said brands. I am going to donate a big amount to charity. I feel disgusted that I may have helped the Zionists with their atrocious plans. :exhausted:exhausted Boycott Israel Campaign It looks like UK folk should try and boycott Boots / Debenhams / House of Fraser / Harvey Nichols too as all these brands are sold there.

Please try and boycott as many of these brands / companies as you can and please also try and spread the word. If all of us tell 6 people about the boycott, and 3 of these people actually follow it, we can make a difference. If the 3 people then tell 6 more people, we really really can make a difference.

Iceee
07-21-2014, 08:37 PM
Salaam.

For Iftar, my family usually starts off by eating dates. Looking at the back of the box, they are from Israel.
We have been buying these same sets of dates for years now, and we have a habit of eating them outside of the month of Ramadan from time to time as well.

Should I tell my parents to stop buying them? My family and I haven't been following the news lately because we stopped watching t.v so they don't know what is happening.

BilalKid
07-22-2014, 03:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

For Iftar, my family usually starts off by eating dates. Looking at the back of the box, they are from Israel.
We have been buying these same sets of dates for years now, and we have a habit of eating them outside of the month of Ramadan from time to time as well.

Should I tell my parents to stop buying them? My family and I haven't been following the news lately because we stopped watching t.v so they don't know what is happening.
Yes tell them to stop buying israel funding must stop, luckily my family buy some nice ajwa dates from middle east :shade: its really expensive like 6 pounds per packet but worth it

hisnameiszzz
07-22-2014, 09:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
Salaam.

Salaams.

I don't watch t.v in the month of Ramadhan, but I am sure you will have seen a newspaper / on the Internet what is happening.

I would advise you to stop buying Israeli goods. You don't have to go for a very expensive option, just something that is not made in Israel. At the end of the day, it's p to you what you buy and what you don't buy.

Also, as some of the previous posters have pointed out, always check the labels to see where products are made.

Good luck.

hisnameiszzz
07-25-2014, 07:52 PM
Salaams all.

For the UK folk, another one to boycott is TESCO. Please do your best to NOT shop there. They are sending the most profits to the Yahood. Sainsburys/Asda/Morrison are also sending profits but not as much.

The only supermarket that is not at all affiliated to the Yahood is The Co Operative.

Hulk
07-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Related to the topic

Scimitar
07-25-2014, 08:30 PM
hisnameiszz...

you either get with wahat sells and work smart - known as choosing the lesser of two evils... or you go out of business.

Your choice.

hisnameiszzz
07-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Salaams my favourite uncle S.

I have done my research and will now trade other brands such as Clarins and Lancome and Libby Arden. I may not make as much but it's not all about the money. No more Estee Lauder or their associated brands anymore. Also be weary of L'Oréal and associated companies. Another nasty brand but it umbrellas so many smaller brands too.

hisnameiszzz
07-27-2014, 07:36 PM
Salaams all.

OMG! How can people be so callous!!!

I went for Asar prayers, did my wudhu and was just looking at salaat times for Eid.

I overheard a conversation between a previous Imam and 3 uncles. The uncles were saying it was good that people had followed the Tesco boycott and were not shopping there. (There was an urgent meeting called a few days ago with regards to the massacres in Gaza and it was noted that all the Muslims should boycott Tesco as they are the supermarket which give the most to the Yahood. This was mentioned on the receiver from the Masjid and large posters were also placed in all the local Masjids so everyone knew about it). The Imam said "That is stupid. I will carry on shopping at Tesco because I want to and no one can stop me. If I want to give my money to the Jews, so be it". An argument broke out but the Imam said he could do whatever he wanted with his money.

How can a previous Imam say that? I mean, he can, obviously, freedom of speech and all that. But does he not care about the Gazan children and women? Why are Muslims knowingly supporting the Yahood? Have I missed something?

PS. By previous Imam, he used to be the Imam of my Masjid but he is not an Imam anymore. He is an Aalim and a Hafiz though. He was my teacher when I was in Hafiz class.

Hulk
07-28-2014, 08:04 PM
While I would boycott the said companies, I wouldn't go as far as to say that it is haraam to spend money there and neither would I make judgements about anyone who spend their money there.

hisnameiszzz
08-01-2014, 09:27 PM
Salaams all.

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to the UK brothers and sisters who have boycotted Tesco. It has worked. Sales have dropped. So much so that Tesco have resorted to playing dirty asking it's employees to promote Tesco via social media mentioning offers and deals. Also, to combat the drop in sales they are trying to entice customers back by saying they will accept vouchers/coupons from competitors in their stores, and this is only in Muslim populated areas. So you can use a "£5 off £20 spend" coupon issued by Sainsbury's/Asda in Tesco. Very clever manipulation by them, but I hope the brothers and sisters will stick to their guns and continue with the boycott!

Thanks all.

'Abd-al Latif
08-01-2014, 10:49 PM
:salamext:

Believe it or not this boycott seems to have had an affect on companies. I've been reading the news and apparently there's been a big drop in sales in recent weeks!

hisnameiszzz
09-14-2014, 07:17 PM
Salaams all.

Hope everyone is well.

Are we still all boycotting the evil Zionist companies? Mashallah a lot of Muslims and even non Muslims are carrying on with the boycott. Just out of interest, I popped into the local Tesco superstore this weekend and mashallah, most of it was empty. I am so glad people are getting behind this excellent cause.

Please keep up the good work.

Jazakallah.

Snow
09-14-2014, 07:28 PM
I would like to point out that people should not only focus on boycotting, you should also try to support Palestinian companies.

For an example this company that makes soaps: nablussoap.eu

saif-uddin
09-16-2014, 10:30 AM
The least we can do is boycott to the best of our ability Zionazi goods,

Yet some of us love Israeli goods more than their brothers and sisters in Islam,

We seriously need to ask ourselves, what we are doing to help eleviate the problems faces by our brothers and sisters in Palestine Gaza

hisnameiszzz
09-16-2014, 06:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Yet some of us love Israeli goods more than their brothers and sisters in Islam,

We seriously need to ask ourselves, what we are doing to help eleviate the problems faces by our brothers and sisters in Palestine Gaza
Salaams.

Unfortunately you are right. Some people will just not boycott any of these evil goods.

Plus it's not just supporting the Palestinians. It's also supporting Masjid Al Aqsa. The more power the zionist beasts get, the more likely it is they will try and fully steal Masjid Al Aqsa.

Please will everyone carry on the good work.

Jazakallah.

Scimitar
09-16-2014, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
I would like to point out that people should not only focus on boycotting, you should also try to support Palestinian companies.

For an example this company that makes soaps: nablussoap.eu
this soap looks pretty good to me! Pure Milk ? Nablussoap I think these products are good!

Snow
09-16-2014, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
this soap looks pretty good to me! I think these products are good!
I have bought a few bars. I bought it from a pro Palestine stall at a market and the bars came in a beautiful box. I gave them away as a gift. They only had the natural olive and it was great.

I have not ordered from the webpage, so I am not sure how the end product is exactly like the one I bought.

hisnameiszzz
09-16-2014, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
I have bought a few bars. I bought it from a pro Palestine stall at a market and the bars came in a beautiful box. I gave them away as a gift. They only had the natural olive and it was great.

I have not ordered from the webpage, so I am not sure how the end product is exactly like the one I bought.
I had a quick look on eBay. Some of the sellers are in Israel. Are these genuine Palestine products?

Sorry if I am being thick. I just want to make sure first before I buy.

Snow
09-16-2014, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
I had a quick look on eBay. Some of the sellers are in Israel. Are these genuine Palestine products?

Sorry if I am being thick. I just want to make sure first before I buy.
Hard to say with ebay. Maybe the original is from Palistine snd then the seller is Israeli.

I am a limited user so I can not post a direct link.
bit this seems authentic

shopinpalestine dot com

Scimitar
09-17-2014, 04:27 PM
on ebay, its really expensive - I'm not paying £5.50 for a bar of soap... wow,

I can get black seed soap and things like that from Asian stores here. Cheaper. But I did like the Nablus website images - they sell it well, until I found out the cost :D then I was like WHAAAAAAT !!!! :D

It wouldn't be so bad if I knew how much of that £5.50 actually went to palestinian charities. The higher the amount, the more likely I am to part with my cash.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!