/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I know someone who lies too much

anonymous
07-19-2014, 08:51 PM
Asalaamu Alaykum

A Brothrr who is practicing and says he is God fearing just lies too much. He makes up lies and twist the truth. Not only that he takes an oath on Allah as his witness (wallahi) knowing well and truth he is lying. He's even asked Allah to put him in hell for eternity when taking oaths. . And those oaths r lies .

What is the punishment for such an act?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
07-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam.

I am not capable to definite the punishment for making oath in the name of Allah but lie, although it's clearly a sin.

But my advice for your situation is, do not afraid to reveal the truth, especially if his lies can harm other people. I mean, if he lies with purpose to deceive someone, do not afraid to tell that he is lying. It's far better than you just silent and let someone else become victim.

anonymous
07-20-2014, 03:29 PM
It's very strange behaviour. It's like he's a pathological liar. Sometimes he makes up stuff about other people. For example he says person a hates me. When I Confront this person they say they have never said that. He's also known to bend and twist the truth.

What is wrong with this person.

He's even asked Allah to accept him as a disbeliever as on oath if he lies..... And it was a lie!!!!

ardianto
07-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Sound like he is an "individual who uncomfortable" or a person who feel uncomfortable with himself. Person like this has envy to other people, and will feel uncomfort if he see someone happy or get success. In example, someone get a good job. It makes him feel uncomfort, and as an escape of his uncomfortable feeling he will start to make rumor about this someone, like "he got this job not because his skill, but because blah, ... blah, ... blah!" which actually not true.

Person like this indeed, will not hesitate to make a lie about someone else.

This is caused by wrong upbringing in his childhood, like people around him 'lowering' his confident with said that he was stupid, or when he made a fault in doing something, people around him told him "you are indeed, never able to do something properly!".

I understand if you feel annoyed by him. But the best advice that I can give to you is be patient, and don't be provoked by him. If he tell something bad about you to other people, you don't need to announce to everyone that it's not true except if someone try to confirm about it to you. Basically other people can see that a rumor is not true if you don't show a sign that support this rumor.

I know it's very hard for you to always be patient because as human you must be have a limit of patience. But if you are provoked, then he will be more 'crazy' and other people will assume that this rumor is true.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
anonymous
07-20-2014, 06:08 PM
I think it's more to do with control. Lies are made up in situations where he can have full emotional control over somoneone. Surely somone prays to Allah all the time and says he fears him wouldn't take an oath in Allah's name full and we'll knowing he's a liar

aflawedbeing
07-21-2014, 08:37 AM
It could be control, it could be attention.
I know a brother very similar to how you describe who definitely embellishes the stories from his life he tells, and he doesn't even remember the changes they seem to take between turns he takes to tell me said stories.

I let it slide now, as I don't really know what to do either.

As for the punishment, I have no assistance for you there.

anonymous
07-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Allah makes a person who lies forget which Is why liars get caught. An taking a false oath on Allah is one of the major sins in Islam but before comes shrik, disobeying parents, murder and then the false oath.

Now telling lies is one thing... But to twist the truth and believe it in your head is something seriously wrong especially when u claim to fear Allah

hisnameiszzz
07-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Salaams.

OP, I think we all know someone who lies a lot, and normally that person is very successful in this life.

I would suggest you try and distance yourself from the said liar as it will end up rubbing off on you. Lies are not good if you are not a good liar. Eventuallt, you end up getting caught out.

ardianto
07-21-2014, 09:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Salaams.

OP, I think we all know someone who lies a lot, and normally that person is very successful in this life.
Successful persons sometime lie, but they will be very careful and thinking long before they make a lie, because they know the risk if people catch their lie. Different than the man in OP's story who always lie although people know that he is lying.

aflawedbeing
07-21-2014, 09:37 PM
Salaams.

Wa3alaikum salaam.
The one I know, certainly is not.

anonymous
07-21-2014, 10:41 PM
Iiars get caught as Allah Makes them forget alhamdulliah..

Being truthful leads to being righteous which leads to Jananah..Lying leads to a black heart and lanat on face

hisnameiszzz
07-22-2014, 07:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aflawedbeing
Wa3alaikum salaam.
The one I know, certainly is not.
Salaams.

If this person is not a family member or a close friend, keep your distance.

I have a brother who lies incessantly. The things he makes up are phenomenal. My Mom tells him off regularly, but he just doesn't take heed. Mom tells him to listen to bayaans at the Masjid as the ones in Ramadhan are usually very inspirational. He will sit and listen to them but he takes no notice. Hopefully Allah will give him hidaayat to this person you mention, and also to my brother.

aflawedbeing
10-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Salaams.

If this person is not a family member or a close friend, keep your distance.

I have a brother who lies incessantly. The things he makes up are phenomenal. My Mom tells him off regularly, but he just doesn't take heed. Mom tells him to listen to bayaans at the Masjid as the ones in Ramadhan are usually very inspirational. He will sit and listen to them but he takes no notice. Hopefully Allah will give him hidaayat to this person you mention, and also to my brother.
Could not agree more.
I've distanced myself a lot since, but it's hard as he is a close friend.
I just need him to cut the crap.

M.I.A.
10-19-2015, 01:36 PM
So you went to confront the people he claimed hated you?

You will be A OK.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!