/* */

PDA

View Full Version : how to include my name on mortage once its being paid off

nutty
07-27-2014, 11:38 AM
Assalamun alaikum

I was after some advice ..

Hubs has mortgage on the house which will run out in few yrs time...the mortgage is in hubs name only...since the mortage is very low i have enuf money to pay for it in cash but the thing is if i pay it in cash the house will in hubs name only cos his name is on the mortage only...is there a way that i can lend the money so the mortage is paid off aswell as have my name on the house deeds....if someone can direct me in the right direction or any advice will be much appreciated

jazakAllaahu kharan

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
07-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Salaam.

What is a hubs?

nutty
07-28-2014, 09:09 PM
wasalam

hubs = hubby :-)

h-n
07-29-2014, 12:52 AM
I think you may be referring to the house "deeds" and not the mortgage itself.

As the bank can reclaim the property if you fail to repay your mortgage, once paid the house deeds are given to the owners. The mortgage then is finished. People do use mortgage repayments to prove that they helped to repay, but I do not think this is worth much, they may change the mortgage to add on another name, but maybe this costs.

But if your thinking of paying off the whole of the mortgage its probably just best to skip to the end to the have it legally recognised the house is partially yours-need to speak to a solicitor on the best, easiest and cost effective approach.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nutty
07-29-2014, 10:33 AM
jazakAllaahu khayran for ur reply :-)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!