/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from one human to another :)

illumination
07-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Hi there all, just wasn't to say hello and that I love you all regardless of your beliefs or religion

Carpe diem

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hulk
07-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Hi Illumination and welcome to the forum

illumination
07-29-2014, 08:03 AM
Hi there:) I am interested in learning more about Islam... I am a noob who only understands the basics.

illumination
07-29-2014, 08:39 AM
A little about me: I am a humble physician of the mind who has a bit of exp on the human condition and I am always trying to uncover truths that lay before us.

Other than that, I enjoy horseback riding, archery, playing my violin and seafood
(lobster and shark best) I enjoy all kinds of music from Lindsay sterling to Ramstien.

I grew up in a Christian household but not Catholic as I believe it to be be a highly deceptive religion. I have a horse named Artemis and a long lineage of freemasons before me. My fav color is light blue and my fav season is summer as it is quite cold where I'm from. My parents told me that my family is directly descended from the Vikings so I have strived to live up to my predecessors intensity by uncovering it in myself. Hehehe I won't write a book but that's the gist of it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
illumination
07-29-2014, 08:49 AM
I look forward to talking with you all and learning more... feel free to give me a holler if you would like to know anything.

Carpe diem

Hulk
07-29-2014, 10:09 AM
I don't know why you say that Catholicism is a deceptive religion but perhaps that is for another time :)

Signor
07-29-2014, 10:15 AM
Hello Illumination

format_quote Originally Posted by illumination
Hi there I am interested in learning more about Islam... I am a noob who only understands the basics.
Feel free to ask new questions or bump related oldies.

Well,I must admit you have a very interesting introduction,I do want to ask a couple of questions here.

I am always trying to uncover truths that lay before us.
How do you define "Truth"?What in your opinion have yet to be disclosed?

I believe it to be be a highly deceptive religion.
Why you find it deceptive?

a long lineage of freemasons
In my little knowledge(without debating on what is real and what is myth)Freemasons is a secret order of like minded people who joins hands being the member of same lodge.How does a lineage affect someone's membership?

my family is directly descended from the Vikings
Perhaps above is the reason you love horse riding....

Peace

illumination
07-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Catholicism teaches that a mortal man or priest must intervene on your behalf in order for a prayer to reach God, but true Christianity is about a direct and personal relationship with Him... They distort Gods words to serve their own political ambitions... the pope is just a man but so many deceived people think he is a saint and direct emissary to God... they couldn't be more wrong.

My friend... Freemasons are so much more than what the public is led to believe, but that is all I can say about this.

illumination
07-29-2014, 10:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
I don't know why you say that Catholicism is a deceptive religion but perhaps that is for another time :)
So are you implying that you believe Catholicism to be true? If so, then how does that compare with you belief in Islam?

Signor
07-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Catholicism teaches that a mortal man or priest must intervene on your behalf in order for a prayer to reach God, but true Christianity is about a direct and personal relationship with Him... They distort Gods words to serve their own political ambitions... the pope is just a man but so many deceived people think he is a saint and direct emissary to God...
I am sure you will like Islam because this is what its all about i.e direct and personal relationship with God without intermediaries.However,the relationship can only be established within the boundaries laid down by Prophet Muhammad(Peace be upon him). God is an eternal being,He was there before us and will remain after us but who will going to tell us what HE wants?How can we follow HIM?This is the reason HE sent Prophets and Messengers with divine revelation and make them the beacon of light for everyone on earth(now how Bible tell about them is a whole different ballpark).

Freemasons are so much more than what the public is led to believe, but that is all I can say about this.
Care to elaborate a little bit on this?

Muslim Woman
07-29-2014, 12:27 PM
Hello

Welcome here . :statisfie

Pl. browse the forum and ask about Islam in related threads.

aflawedbeing
07-29-2014, 10:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
It is.

Welcome to the forums, Illumination.

Hulk
07-29-2014, 10:15 PM
A distant friend of mine recently joined a freemason club, didn't really want to pry and ask him what it's about.

greenhill
07-30-2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum illumination.

That a 'progressive' introduction to yourself, spread out over a few posts :D I wasn't sure myself how to introduce myself here...should have done it like you.

Anyway, seems like there's already a lot to talk about from what the thread with our brother Signor indicates... Let's get cracking! ;D

But let's not do it here on this thread. Wishing you a great stay!

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!