/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Predicting The Future

mr2299muslim
08-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Salam guys, i was wondering that we know that only Allah knows about the future and what is going to happen, so isnt our life preplanned, so are we living out a scripted life, secondly how are astrologers like nostradamus able to predict the correct future events along with others as well,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
08-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Salaam.

2. Nostradamus and other astrologers are well known for their quotes. However; I can claim that, "The 4th Great War Will Destroy All The Living And Bury All The Dead." So will I become famous in whatever time and have a status like God just because I claimed this? I didn't accurately say that, "On August 5th, 2055, it will be the end of human existence." No, I made a prediction without going into much detail. That is exactly what Nostradamus did, without going into much detail.

Try it yourself brother. Make a quote without going into the specifics. "A holy war will be the demise." "Democracy will raise to the heavens..." You'll probably be right even if you don't go into much detail but you can also be wrong. Only Allah Subhanahuwatallah knows the future, Alhumdulillah. We are trying to give that status of God to these types of astrologers which shouldn't be happening.

Ahmad H
08-05-2014, 02:36 PM
There is a Hadith which says that the Satan try to listen to the news which the angels trickle down from Allah from the highest heaven to the lowest. When a Satan tries to snatch it, then a shooting star is thrown at them. When a soothsayer says something from what they try to hear from the Satan, then those Satan say what they heard, but they mix with it many lies as well. So no one even knows the truth at that point.

Fact is, even if someone were to claim they know what the future is and that they received some form of revelation, though they are unbelievers, they are receiving Satanic revelations. These Satanic revelations are all false, and they are given to the liars, not the truthful people. So these astrologers and whatnot are not telling the truth about anything. Everything they say is a lie. This is why we do not believe in palm readings or astrologers, etc., because as Muslims we are not supposed to listen to and believe in lies. It is bad for the soul.

As for what will happen in the future, Allah knows best. We cannot say that everything is written in stone. I can't remember which Hadith said this, but it is certainly a fact that the Divine Decree can in some cases be averted. The Holy Prophet (saw) said on one occasion that prayers avert the Divine Decree. Some things cannot be changed, but there are some things here and there which can be.

Furthermore, if you recall the case of Hazrat Yunus (as) and his people, he told his people by revelation from Allah that they should wait for three days in their homes for the punishment of Allah. When his people heard this, they became very remorseful and they all repented to Allah. And how they did! The Divine punishment was averted and they were not punished. Instead, they became followers of Hazrat Yunus (as). In the Holy Qur'an it said that he had a very large following of people.

So, since Divine punishments can be averted, this means that the Divine Decree is not written in stone. This is why the Holy Prophet (saw) told us that even though the Divine Decree is written for us, even still we should act as best we can. This is the advice he told us, not to just sit back and wait for the Divine Decree to come upon us. It does not happen from inaction, but we are directed to take the best possible course of action, which is to be the best we can in the way of Allah.

Holler back if you're not clear on any of this.

mr2299muslim
08-05-2014, 03:08 PM
Ahmad H, u truly have given the best argument about any thread ive read in this board, May Allah provide u with Health and Happiness

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
mr2299muslim
08-05-2014, 05:33 PM
But Ahmad H, u say that these things are false, but these astrologers are saying things that eventually happen, it even happened with me that one astrologer uncle of mine said that i would shift to a different city and i did, nostradamus predictions were mostly right,

Hulk
08-05-2014, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by mr2299muslim
But Ahmad H, u say that these things are false, but these astrologers are saying things that eventually happen, it even happened with me that one astrologer uncle of mine said that i would shift to a different city and i did, nostradamus predictions were mostly right,
Bro, just because he says that you will move to a different city and you eventually did does not necessarily mean that he can see the future.

Iceee
08-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Did you bother to read my response above? I think you should value it and have a read again.

Ahmad H
08-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Nostradamus also said things which were already said in the Bible, using terms like the Antichrist, and so on. Everyone already knew about the Antichrist.

The reason why I know Nostradamus is a fake is because he spoke in coded words so that no one could truly understand what he wrote. That was what he did. Compare that to the Prophets of God who were completely open about what they saw about the future and used that to warn people. Nostradamus is claimed as a Prophet, but he is a false Prophet. If you start to believe he was right, then that belief will fall under Kufr. It has nothing to do with Islam.

And your astrologer uncle is in the wrong no matter what. I don't care how many things he is found to be right about, no one knows the future except Allah. Read the Holy Qur'an:

72:26 "He (alone) knows the Unseen, nor does He make any one acquainted with His Mysteries,-
72:27 "Except a messenger whom He has chosen: and then He makes a band of watchers march before him and behind him,

I hope that clarifies the issue with the astrologer. But just to solidify my point here, the astrologers rely on the motions of the stars to make predictions. This is just the same as any other telling of omens as the Arabs had did, like when they took the livers or kidneys of animals and they looked at it to see what the future would be based on this. It doesn't matter what you look at, the stars, the sun, the moon, the sky, the mountains, the animals, the patterns of behavior in people, etc., nothing can predict the future. Allah said that only He knows the future, WITH THE ONLY EXCEPTION being the Prophets He has sent. And that exception is there because the Prophets are told the future by Allah, they do not have special powers. They were all regular men just like us. They were just closer to Allah than we are.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!