/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fasting 6 days of Shawwal : The Reward of an entire year of fasting

Hamza Asadullah
08-05-2014, 09:04 PM
Fasting 6 days of Shawwal : The Reward of an entire year of fasting:

Abû Ayyûb al-Ansârî relates that Allah's Messenger (peace be upon him) says: "Whoever fasts the month of Ramadan and then follows it with six days of fasting in the month of Shawwâl, it will be as if he had fasted the year through." [Sahîh Muslim (1163)]

The month of Shawwâl is singled out for the observance of extra fasts, since this month follows immediately after Ramadan. The six days of voluntary fasting are to the obligatory fast of Ramadan what the Sunnah prayers are to the obligatory prayers.

Al-Nawawî observes [Sharh Sahîh Muslim (8/56)]:

Scholars have explained that it is like observing a year of fasting because the reward of one's good deeds are multiplied tenfold. Therefore fasting the month of Ramadan is like fasting for ten months and fasting six days in the month of Shawwâl is like fasting for two months.

Subhaanallah! How generous is Allah who loves to give abundantly to his slaves.

Fast the 6 days on Mondays, Thursdays and the white days:

It is even more rewarding to fast on the days where it is Sunnah to do voluntary fasts such as each Monday and Thursday and the White days (13th, 14th & 15th of each Islamic month).

The 3 white days in the month of Shawwal will fall on: 13th Shawwal will be on Saturday 9th August, 14th Shawwal on Sunday 10th August and 15th Shawwal on Monday the 11th of August.

Do not delay in doing good deeds:

We may not get such an opportunity again so we should not delay in doing good deeds lest we are taken by Death and our good deed accounts get closed forever. So the opportunity to do good is NOW as we may not have a tomorrow.

We have until the 25th of August to keep the 6 fasts which is when the month of Shawwal ends.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza Asadullah
08-10-2014, 08:40 PM
It is not too late to fast the 6 days of Shawwal and get rewarded like fasting for an entire year!

Thawban (Ra) relates that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) said: “Whoever fasts Ramadan, and then six days after Eid, it is [like fasting] an entire year. Whoever does a good deed shall have ten times its reward.” (Ibn Majah, Muntaqa)

Hamza Asadullah
08-19-2014, 09:16 PM
ONLY 6 days left from tomorrow (Wednesday 20th August) to keep the 6 fasts of Shawwal:

The Prophet (Sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam) said: “The people of Paradise do not regret anything more than regretting an hour they spent (in this life) without mentioning Allaah.” [At-Tabaraani].

Sa’eed At-Tanookhi,(Ra),used to cry if for any reason he had missed a congregational prayer.

Ibn Mas’ood,may Allaah (Ra), said, "I never regretted anything more than regretting a day which passed in which I did not increase (upon) my virtuous deeds."

Let us not be of those that missed out on these immense rewards and then regretted it in the Hereafter when we see the mountains of rewards we missed out on! For on that day we will beg our own Mothers for just one good deed and we will not be given it for we will all be in need of every deed on that day so pile up the good deeds now before it is too late!!!

Aamna
08-20-2014, 12:28 PM
i wanted to know if we can start fasting from today?.. is it too late?..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nur80
08-20-2014, 01:50 PM
JazakAllah khairan for sharing this. We have just completed our 6 days alhamdulilah.

Saja
08-20-2014, 03:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aamna
i wanted to know if we can start fasting from today?.. is it too late?..
I was thinking the same thing, the Shawwal month will end on the 25th of August so it will be too late to fast the all 6 days.

And thank you Hamza for reminding us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!