/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gaza's Christians and Muslims grow closer in defiance of Israeli attacks

Hulk
08-05-2014, 10:05 PM
Without prior warning, an Israeli missile hit the house of the Ayyad family last Saturday. The Ayyads, who are Christian, were the first family among the tiny minority in Gaza to be targeted since the offensive began three weeks ago.

The Ayyad’s home was severely damaged. Furniture was ruined and family belongings such as children’s toys were strewn everywhere as a result of the missile’s impact. But naturally the human cost was much greater.

Jalila Ayyad was known among the people of Gaza as a woman that had nothing to do with any militia groups. “We are a Christian minority and have no links to Hamas or Fatah - we keep to ourselves and avoid problems,” says Fouad Ayyad, Jalila’s nephew.

Fouad is also the name of the bereaved husband of Jalila Ayyad. Standing in a white T-shirt stained with the blood of his wife and son - who was also seriously injured in the attack - he watches on as the nephew is interviewed.

- See more at: Gaza's Christians and Muslims grow closer in defiance of Israeli attacks | Middle East Eye

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
pearlofiman
08-06-2014, 01:45 PM
What happened in Gaza is really sad!!

Iceee
08-06-2014, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by pearlofiman
What happened in Gaza is really sad!!
I'm not even sure who the good guys or bad guys are in this conflict or who to support.

All I know from the news is that woman and children are the biggest victims.

Hulk
08-06-2014, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iceee
I'm not even sure who the good guys or bad guys are in this conflict or who to support.

All I know from the news is that woman and children are the biggest victims.
I'm pretty sure the ones killing the innocents are the bad guys.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
08-06-2014, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hulk
I'm pretty sure the ones killing the innocents are the bad guys.
Too right.

I'm not sure if ICEE was being sarcastic, but how can someone not know who the good and bad guys are? Errr. Innocent Muslims are doing nothing. Evil Zionists are killing children and women and elderly. What a no brainer!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!