/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Current State of the World and Islamic Advice on Overcoming It

Ahmad H
08-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Assalaam alaikum warahmathullahi wabarakathahu,

Dear brothers and sisters in Islam. I have reflected greatly on how to overcome the current state of affairs in the world for Muslims. And I came to realize that fighting is not going to do it. If all of you have noticed, no group of Muslims who have assembled a military force could prove to do anything. There are a few reasons for this, the first being that Muslims are not united, secondly, they are weak in Imaan. But also, it is not prescribed for us to use military weapons to gain dominance in the world. This will happen only through prayers, fighting back with the pen and adopting righteous living styles. In sha' Allah, I will explain below. I have many points to make on how this is definitely a fact and that even if fighting is mentioned at times, or killing, it is not going to mean actual fighting or killing.

My first point in this is to let everyone know, that you CANNOT WIN AGAINST THE WORLD USING WORLDLY MEANS. This means DO NOT USE weapons, DO NOT RELY ON GOVERNMENT and DO NOT rely on your own individual efforts. If you look at all of these carefully, neither one of them is a means to rely on Allah. Relying on Allah means USING PRAYERS TO OVERCOME. Now that I have made my statements, it is time to see how the Holy Qur'an supports this and shows us that Muslims are in a weak state of Imaan.

REGARDING THE AFFAIRS OF ISRAEL:

Allah has said:

21:105 Before this We wrote in the Psalms, after the Message (given to Moses): My servants the righteous, shall inherit the earth."
[Yusuf Ali translation]

This verse says "salihoon". This means the condition to gaining dominance over "al-ard" (meaning, Palestine), is for the Muslims living in that land to adopt righteousness first. If they are not righteous, then they will not gain dominance. So far, we have not yet seen this because they are still suffering. Clearly, their fighting must be one of these. Righteousness comes from adopting the attitude of those who have come before us, following their examples.

Reflect on the following verse:

4:69 All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the sincere (lovers of Truth), the witnesses (who testify), and the Righteous (who do good): Ah! what a beautiful fellowship!

This verse mentions that those who obey Allah and His Messenger (saw), are not just in the company of such groups in Paradise, but they are "among" them. This includes the rank of "Saliheen". This means that the Muslims in Palestine have yet to become "Saliheen". This verse is also a commentary on the verse in Surah Fatihah which we all recite daily:

1:6 Show us the straight way,

And following this we are told to follow this way, otherwise there are two other paths we follow, that of Jewishness (incurring God's wrath) or that of the path of Christians (being astray):

1:7 The way of those on whom Thou hast bestowed Thy Grace, those whose (portion) is not wrath, and who go not astray.

Right now, as we see, we have been subjugated by people who are Jews themselves. This is a form of humiliation for us Muslims. But this was bound to happen. The Holy Prophet (saw) said:

‘Abdullah bin ‘Amr narrated that the Messenger of Allah (saw) said: “There shall be a Fitnah of extermination of the ‘Arabs. Its fighters are in the Fire. During it, the tongue is stronger than the sword.” (Da’if)
[Abu ‘Eisa said:] This Hadith is Gharib.
I heard Muhammad bin Isma’il saying: “We do not know of Ziyad bin Simin Kush (a narrator in the chain) other than in this Hadith.” Hammad bin Salamah reported it from Laith in Marfu’ form, and Hammad bin Zaid reported it in Mawquf form from Laith.
[Jami' At-Tirmidhi, Hadith #2178]

I realize this Hadith is weak, but we don't need to analyze its authenticity to know that it is happening right now. We see how the tongue is being used to deceive people about the Arabs (focusing on Muslims), and that the only way to expose these lies is through the tongue. How can we fight back lies with the sword? It just doesn't work. There is a saying which says, "Force bends heads, not one's mind" (or something like that).

And another Hadith (also from Tirmidhi) says:

Zainab bint Jahsh said: One day, the Messenger of Allah (saw) awoke from sleep with a flushed red face, and said: 'La Ilaha illallah. He repeated it thrice. 'Woe to the Arabs from the evil drawn near. Today a gap has been made in the wall of Ya'juj and Ma'juj like this.' And he formed ten (with his fingers)." Zainab said: "I said: 'O Messenger of Allah! Shall we be destroyed while there are righteous among us?' He said: 'Yes, when the evil abounds.'" (Sahih)
[Abu 'Eisa said:] This Hadith is Hasan Sahih. Sufyan has done well with this Hadith. [Al-Humaidi, 'Ali bin Al-Madini, and more than one of the Huffaz reported it similarly from Sufyan bin 'Uyainah.] Al-Humaidi said: "From Sufyan bin 'Uyainah: 'I remembered that in this chain from Az-Zuhri there were four women: Zainab bint Abi Salamah, from Habibah - and they are step-daughters of the Prophet (saw) - from Umm Habibah, from Zainab bint Jahsh - two (of the) wives of the Prophet (saw).'" Ma'mar reported [and others] reported this Hadith from Az-Zuhri, but they did not mention: "From Habibah" in it. [Some of the companions of Ibn 'Uyainah reported this Hadith from Ibn 'Uyainah but they did not mention: "From Umm Habibah" in it].
[Hadith #2187]

This is mentioned in the Sahih collections as well. Clearly, there isn't even righteousness with useless fighting going on. It seems that a lot of good people among the Arabs are dying all the time. Innocent children, women and elderly, the sick, etc. Israel destroys everything, even the UN schools which they are told repeatedly not to attack. Yet they do.

Now I mentioned above that what we are going through is a form of Jewish traits, because the Jews incurred God's wrath before. Right now this is what the Muslims are going through. They are being like the Jews of the past. They also were subjugated by Nebuchadnezzar and had a disbeliever rule over them while there were even Prophets among them. This is part of God's way so that we see the errors of our ways. Unless we adopt righteousness, then we will not be granted a way out of this just yet.

SOLUTIONS TO THESE PROBLEMS

I already mentioned the solution proposed by the Holy Qur'an and a Hadith which also points out the path we should take. However, I want to stress just how much the Holy Prophet (saw) demanded us to take recourse to arguments and prayers against the Dajjal:

Narrated 'Aisha: I heard Allah's Apostle (saw) in his prayer, seeking refuge with Allah from the afflictions of the Dajjal. (Book #88, Hadith #243) (Sahih Bukhari)

Abu Huraira reported the Messenger of Allah (saw) as saying: Seek refuge with Allah from the torment of Hell, seek refuge with Allah from the torment of the grave, and seek refuge with Allah from the trial of Masih Al-Dajjal and seek refuge with Allah from the trial of life and death. (Book #004, Hadith #1221) (Sahih Muslim)

Abu Darda' reported Allah's Apostle (saw) as saying: If anyone learns by heart the first ten verse of Surah Al-Kahf, then he will be protected from the Dajjal. (Book #004, Hadith #1766) (Sahih Muslim)

There is a very lengthy Hadith in Sunan Ibn Majah which highlights how many times prayer and arguments is mentioned with regard to the coming of Masih Ad-Dajjal as well. I will point out the obvious spots in it by putting them in bold:

It was narrated that Abu Umamah Al-Bahili said: "The Messenger of Allah (saw) addressed us, and most of his speech had to do with telling us about Dajjal. He warned about him, and among the things he said was: 'There will not be any tribulation on earth, since the time Allah created the offspring of Adam, that will be greater than the tribulation of Dajjal. Allah has not sent any Prophet but he warned his nation about Dajjal. I am the last of the Prophets, and you are the last of the nations. He will undoubtedly appear among you. If he appears while I am among you, I will contend with him on behalf of every Muslim, and if he appears while I am not among you, then each man must fend for himself and Allah will take care of every Muslim on my behalf. He will emerge from Al-Khallah, between Sham and Iraq, and will wreak havoc right and left. O slaves of Allah, remain steadfast. I will describe him to you in a manner in which none of the Prophets has described him before me. He will start by saying "I am a Prophet," and there is no Prophet after me. Then a second time he will say: "I am your Lord." But you will not see your Lord until you die. He is one-eyed, and your Lord is not one-eyed, and written between his eyes is Kafir. Every believer will read it, whether he is literate or illiterate. Part of his Fitnah will be that he will have with him Paradise and Hell, but his Hell will be a Paradise and his Paradise a Hell. Whoever is tested with his fire (hell), let him seek the help of Allah and recite the first Verses of Al-Kahf, then it will be cool and safe for him, as the fire was for Ibrahim. Part of his Fitnah will be that he will say to a Bedouin: "What do you think, if I resurrect your father and mother for you, will you bear witness that I am your Lord?" He will say: "Yes." Then two devils will appear to him in the form of his father and mother and will say: "O my son, follow him, for he is your Lord." And part of his Fitnah will be that he will overpower a single soul and kill him, then he will cut him with a saw until he falls in two pieces. Then he will say: "Look at this slave of mine; I will resurrect him now, then he will claim that he has a Lord other than me." Then Allah will resurrect him and the evil one will say to him: "Who is your Lord?" and he will say: "Allah is my Lord, and you are the enemy of Allah, you are Dajjal. By Allah, I have never had more insight about you than I have today." -
(An addition) Abul-Hasan Tanafisi said: "Muharibi told us: 'Ubaidullah bin al-Walid Al-Wassafi told us, from 'Atiyyah, that Abu Sa'eed said: "The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: 'That man will be the highest in status in my nation in Paradise'" -
He said: "Abu Sa'eed said: 'By Allah, we did not think that man would be anyone other than 'Umar bin Khattab, until he passed away. -
Muharibi said: "Then we went back to the narration of Abu Rafi'." He said: - 'Part of his Fitnah will be that he will command the sky to rain, and it will rain, and he will command the earth to bring forth vegetation and it will do so. And part of his Fitnah will be that he will pass by a clan and they will disbelieve in him, so all their flocks will perish and none will be left. And part of his Fitnah will be that he will pass by a clan who will believe in him, so he will command the sky to rain, and it will rain, and he will command the earth to bring forth vegetation and it will do so, until their flocks will come back in the evening of that day, bigger and fatter than they have ever been, with their flanks stretched and their udders full of milk. There will be no part of the earth left that he does not enter and prevail over, except for Makkah and Al-Madinah, for he will not approach them on any of their mountain paths but he will be met by angels with unsheathed swords, until he will stop at the red hill at the end of the marsh. Then Al-Madinah will be shaken with its people three times, and no hypocrite, male or female, will be left, all will come out to him. Thus it will be cleansed of impurity just as the bellows cleanses the iron of dross. And that day will be called the Day of Deliverance.'
"Umm Sharik bint Abi 'akar said: 'O Messenger of Allah, where will the Arabs be that day?' He said: 'On that day they will be few, and most of them will be in Baitul-Maqdis (Jerusalem), and their leader will be a righteous man. When their leader has stepped forward to lead them in subh prayer, 'Eisa bin Maryam will come down to them. Their leader will step backwards so that 'Eisa can come forward and lead the people in prayer, but 'Eisa will place his hand between his shoulders and say to him: "Go forward and pray, for the Iqamah was given for you." Then their leader will lead them in prayer. When he has finished, 'Eisa (as), will say: "Open the gate." So they will open it and behind it will be Dajjal with seventy thousand Jews, each of them carrying an adorned sword and wearing a greenish cloak. When Dajjal looks at him, he will start to melt as salt melts in water. He will run away, and 'Eisa (as), will say: "I have only one blow for you, which you will not be able to escape!" He will catch up with him at the eastern gate of Ludd, and will kill him. Then Allah will defeat the Jews, and there will be nothing left that Allah has created which the Jews will be able to hide behind, except that Allah will cause it to speak - no stone, no tree, no wall, no animal - except for Al-Gharqad (the box-thorn), for it is one of their trees, and will not speak - except that it will say: "O Muslim slave of Allah, here is a Jews, come and kill him!"
"The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: 'His (Dajjal's) days will number forty years: a year like half a year, a year like a month, a month like a week, and the rest of his days will be like sparks from a fire (i.e., they will pass quickly). One of you will enter the gate of Al-Madinah in the morning and not reach its other gate until evening comes.' It was said: 'O Messenger of Allah, how should we pray on those short days?' He said: 'Estimate (the times of) the prayer, as you do on these long days, then pray.' The Messenger of Allah (saw) said: "Eisa bin Maryam (as), will be a just judge and a just ruler among my nation. He will break the cross, slaughter the pigs, abolish the Jizyah and charity will be left. No one will be appointed to (collect the Zakah of) sheep and camels. Grudges and mutual hatred will disappear and the venom of every venomous creature will be removed, so that a baby boy will but his hand in a snake and it will not harm him, and a baby girl will make a lion run away, and it will not harm her; and the wolf will be among the sheep like their sheepdog. The earth will be filled with peace just as a vessel is filled with water. The people will be united and none will be worshipped except Allah. War will cease and Quraish will no longer be in power. The earth will be like a silver platter, with its vegetation growing as it did at the time of Adam, until a group of people will gather around one bunch of grapes and it will suffice them, and a group will gather around a single pomegranate and it will suffice them. An ox will be sold for such and such amount of money, and a horse will be sold for a few Dirham.' They said: 'O Messenger of Allah, why will horses be so cheap?' He said: 'They will never be ridden in war again.' It was said to him: 'Why will oxen be so expensive?' He said: 'Because all the land will be tilled. Before Dajjal appears there will be three difficult years in which the people will suffer severe famine. In the first year, Allah will command the sky to withhold one third of its rain and the earth to withhold one third of its produce. In the second year, He will command the sky to withhold two thirds of its rain and the earth to withhold two-thirds of its produce. In the third year, he will command the sky to withhold all of its rain, and not a single drop will fall, and the earth to withhold all of its produce, and nothing will grow. All cloven-hoofed animals will die, except those that Allah wills.' It was said: 'What will the people live on at that time?' He said: 'Tahlil, Takbir, Tasbih and Tahmid. That will take the place of food for them.'"
Abu 'Abdullah (Ibn Majah) said: "I heard Abul-Hasan Tanafisi say: 'I heard 'Abdur-Rahman Al-Muharibi say: "This Hadith should be sent to every teacher so that they can teach it to the children in the schools." (Da'if)-
[Sunan Ibn Majah, Hadith #4077]

And as for the lengthy Hadith in Sahih Muslim:

An-Nawwas b. Sam'an reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) made a mention of the Dajjal one day in the morning. He sometimes described him to be insignificant and sometimes described (his turmoil) as very significant rand we felt) as if he were in the cluster of the date-palm trees. When we went to him (to the Holy Prophet) in the evening and he read (the signs of fear) in our faces, he said:

What is the matter with you? We said: Allah's Messenger, you made a mention of the Dajjal in the morning (sometimes describing him) to be insignificant and sometimes very important, until we began to think as if he were present in some (near) part of the cluster of the date-palm trees. Thereupon he said: I harbour fear in regard to you in so many other things besides the Dajjal. If he comes forth while I am among on, I shall contend with him on your behalf, but if he comes forth while I am not amongst you, a man must contend on his own behalf and Allah would take care of every Muslim on my behalf (and safeguard him against his evil). He (Dajjal) would be a young man with twisted, contracted hair, and a blind eye. I compare him to 'Abd-ul-'Uzza b. Qatan. He who amongst you would survive to see him should recite over him the opening verses of Sura Kahf (xviii.). He would appear on the way between Syria and Iraq and would spread mischief right and left. O servant of Allah! adhere (to the path of Truth). We said: Allah's Messenger, how long would he stay on the earth? He said.. For forty days, one day like a year and one day like a month and one day like a week and the rest of the days would be like your days. We said: Allah's Messenger, would one day's prayer suffice for the prayers of day equal to one year? Thereupon he said: No, but you must make an estimate of time (and then observe prayer). We said: Allah's Messenger, how quickly would he walk upon the earth? Thereupon he said: Like cloud driven by the wind. He would come to the people and invite them (to a wrong religion) and they would affirm their faith in him and respond to him. He would then give command to the sky and there would be rainfall upon the earth and it would grow crops. Then in the evening, their posturing animals would come to them with their humps very high and their udders full of milk and their flanks stretched. He would then come to another people and invite them. But they would reject him and he would go away from them and there would be drought for them and nothing would be left with them in the form of wealth. He would then walk through the waste, land and say to it: Bring forth your treasures, and the treasures would come out and collect (themselves) before him like the swarm of bees. He would then call a person brimming with youth and strike him with the sword and cut him into two pieces and (make these pieces lie at a distance which is generally) between the archer and his target. He would then call (that young man) and he will come forward laughing with his face gleaming (with happiness) and it would at this very time that Allah would send Christ, son of Mary, and he will descend at the white minaret in the eastern side of Damascus wearing two garments lightly dyed with saffron and placing his hands on the wings of two Angels. When he would lower his head, there would fall beads of perspiration from his head, and when he would raise it up, beads like pearls would scatter from it. Every non-believer who would smell the odor of his self would die and his breath would reach as far as he would be able to see. He would then search for him (Dajjal) until he would catch hold of him at the gate of Ludd and would kill him. Then a people whom Allah had protected would come to Jesus, son of Mary, and he would wipe their faces and would inform them of their ranks in Paradise and it would be under such conditions that Allah would reveal to Jesus these words: I have brought forth from amongst My servants such people against whom none would be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur, and then Allah would send Gog and Magog and they would swarm down from every slope. The first of them would pass the lake of Tiberias and drink out of it. And when the last of them would pass, he would say: There was once water there. Jesus and his companions would then be besieged here (at Tur, and they would be so much hard pressed) that the head of the ox would be dearer to them than one hundred dinars and Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would supplicate Allah, Who would send to them insects (which would attack their necks) and in the morning they would perish like one single person. Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then come down to the earth and they would not find in the earth as much space as a single span which is not filled with their putrefaction and stench. Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then again beseech Allah, Who would send birds whose necks would be like those of bactrian camels and they would carry them and throw them where God would will. Then Allah would send rain which no house of clay or (the tent of) camels' hairs would keep out and it would wash away the earth until it could appear to be a mirror. Then the earth would be told to bring forth its fruit and restore its blessing and, as a result thereof, there would grow (such a big) pomegranate that a group of persons would be able to eat that, and seek shelter under its skin and milch cow would give so much milk that a whole party would be able to drink it. And the milch camel would give such (a large quantity of) milk that the whole tribe would be able to drink out of that and the milch sheep would give so much milk that the whole family would be able to drink out of that and at that time Allah would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.

The concept of prayer is so important in this situation that it cannot be denied. Sticking to the truth of Islam and arguing with the disbelievers are the main two things we should be doing as Muslims. If you also notice, fighting would not help against the forces of Gog and Magog. Israel is right along the Sea of Galilee (Tiberias - Tabriyya). The mischief which would destroy most of the world comes from that region. Therefore, it is imperative that we all pray against these forces of Dajjaliyyat and overcome them with it.

The sword to kill the Dajjal will not be taken up by any Muslim, but it will be taken up by Masih ibn Maryam (as):

Narrated Ibn 'Umar: 'Umar set out along with the Prophet (p.b.u.h) with a group of people to Ibn Saiyad till they saw him playing with the boys near the hillocks of Bani Mughala. Ibn Saiyad at that time was nearing his puberty and did not notice (us) until the Prophet stroked him with his hand and said to him, "Do you testify that I am Allah's Apostle?" Ibn Saiyad looked at him and said, "I testify that you are the Messenger of illiterates." Then Ibn Saiyad asked the Prophet (p.b.u.h), "Do you testify that I am Allah's Apostle?" The Prophet (p.b.u.h) refuted it and said, "I believe in Allah and His Apostles." Then he said (to Ibn Saiyad), "What do you think?" Ibn Saiyad answered, "True people and liars visit me." The Prophet said, "You have been confused as to this matter." Then the Prophet said to him, "I have kept something (in my mind) for you, (can you tell me that?)" Ibn Saiyad said, "It is Al-Dukh (the smoke)." (2) The Prophet said, "Let you be in ignominy. You cannot cross your limits." On that 'Umar, said, "O Allah's Apostle! Allow me to chop his head off." The Prophet (p.b.u.h) said, "If he is he (i.e. Dajjal), then you cannot over-power him, and if he is not, then there is no use of murdering him." (Ibn 'Umar added): Later on Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) once again went along with Ubai bin Ka'b to the date-palm trees (garden) where Ibn Saiyad was staying. The Prophet (p.b.u.h) wanted to hear something from Ibn Saiyad before Ibn Saiyad could see him, and the Prophet (p.b.u.h) saw him lying covered with a sheet and from where his murmurs were heard. Ibn Saiyad's mother saw Allah's Apostle while he was hiding himself behind the trunks of the date-palm trees. She addressed Ibn Saiyad, "O Saf ! (and this was the name of Ibn Saiyad) Here is Muhammad." And with that Ibn Saiyad got up. The Prophet said, "Had this woman left him (Had she not disturbed him), then Ibn Saiyad would have revealed the reality of his case. (Book #23, Hadith #437)
(Sahih Bukhari)

If Hazrat Umar ibn Khattab (ra) was not to take up the sword, then no one else should. Only the true Masih would overcome the false Masih. As Muslims, you must resort to prayer and patience. Fighting is not an option, as these military powers cannot be overcome. Worldly means will not destroy these worldly powers, but spiritual means will. Only Allah will descend with His power to destroy them Himself. Who can fight against Allah? No one.

I hope this message comes out clear to everyone. Boycotting Israeli goods doesn't solve anything, Hamas' launching rockets certainly did nothing and will continue to do nothing, and trying to use worldly governments and the UN to recognize Palestine won't work either. the UN is useless and they are run by Shaytan. They do nothing for the Muslims in the world and they only let the suffering continue. It is a corrupt system and if the Muslims of the world wanted to accomplish anything, then a change is required in our hearts first.

May Allah help this Ummah! Ameen!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!