/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Degree in Islamic Scholarship (Alimiyyah) under the guidance of Shaykh Akram Nadwi

Al Salam Ins
08-14-2014, 08:54 PM
Degree in Islamic Scholarship (Alimiyyah) under the close guidance of Shaykh Akram Nadwi - October 2014- London - and Online

Al Salam Institute is accepting applications for a unique 5 year part-time Islamic Scholarship Degree (‘Alimiyyah) that will take you from the absolute basics of Arabic and the Shari‘ah disciplines all the way to a high level of mastery.

Al-Salam Institute's Vision

There is a desperate need for contemporary Islamic scholarship that is strongly rooted in the tradition, yet forward-looking to the needs of the present, benefiting from the fruits of the classical heritage, yet not mired in excessive partisanship to a particular juristic school of thought.

In the highly diverse environment of today’s UK, it is essential that the next generation of scholars are literate not just in a single madhhab, but understand the nuance of discussion between schools, underpinned by a mastery of the source texts of the Qur’an and Hadith.

At the Foundation and Intermediate Levels, our course provides a strong foundation in the Hanafi madhhab, whilst introducing students to diverse legal perspectives.

At the Advanced Level, Shaykh Akram will take students through a detailed comparative study of the legal tradition and its sources, as well as supervise their own research, in the process taking them on the first steps towards their own scholarship.

The 5-Year Structure

The course is split into 3 levels:

Foundation (1 year): Certificate in Classical Arabic and Islamic Sciences

Intermediate (2 years): Diploma in Advanced Arabic, Qur’an and Shari‘ah Studies

Advanced (2 years): Degree in Islamic Scholarship (‘Alimiyyah)

Are you already at an Intermediate or Advanced Level?

The course has been designed both for students at the early stages of their journey seeking knowledge and those who have been studying for a number of years. Advanced level students who meet the prerequisites will be able to enrol directly into the advanced level and after 2 years may take the final exams.
Our Advanced Level classes have been successfully running for the past 8 years. Many of our advanced students are already teachers, Imams and da'ees and state that no where else in the UK are these classes offered for advanced students of their level to continue their path of advanced education.

Flexibility in Study

The course takes place on Sundays in London within university term-time between 10:00-18:00 (17:00 for Advanced level). However, all lessons will be streamed online and recorded, so it is possible to complete the course via distance learning in full if you reside far from London, or in part if you have existing commitments.

Key Benefits

• Based on classical Arabic texts (with isnad and ‘ijazah where possible) taught in English by Shaykh Akram Nadwi and his senior students.

• Essays and examinations for all courses develop academic ability and ensure high standards are met.

• Virtual learning student portal opens access to those who cannot travel or need to spread their learning over the week.

• Increase your spirituality and gain additional ‘ijazahs from senior scholars of Hadith available through a unique April 2015 ‘Umrah trip and August 2015 residential programme in the company of Shaykh Akram (priced separately from the course).

• Unique syllabus: comparative fiqh, tafsir and hadith at a level unmatched by similar programmes.

• Scholarships available for those who require financial assistance.

Testimonial
“I have been studying at Al-Salam Institute for almost two years. I have thoroughly enjoyed the courses. The classes have reawakened in me the joy of studying again, after many years of attending courses elsewhere, telling me things I already knew. With Shk. Akram that is rarely the case. In fact, he often challenges me to question things that I take for granted, on almost any issue, across any discipline –even humanities and politics. Furthermore, the sign of a truly great teacher is that he does not impose his views on you, and this is one of Shk. Akram’s most important qualities.
“The students are also very enriching. It seems as if the whole Umma is represented, and always the best of each group. Sufis, Deobandis, Modernists, Salafis, etc. are all present, and in the time I’ve been there I’ve never witnessed any of the sectarianism witnessed elsewhere. All in all, it is a great environment to learn the Deen.”

Dr Daniel Vazquez-Paluch (Abdul Hakim) (London), former Senior Lecturer at SOAS, University of London

For more details on the syllabus, visit: Al-Salam.co.uk

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!