/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings and thanks

MuslimInshallah
08-21-2014, 09:01 PM
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh!

I just discovered this forum today, and I have been reading various posts (smile. What to do when you are sick in bed? Explore the internet!) and the idea of being able to meet new people, exchange ideas, share advice, support one another… appealed to me. Of course, I do this in my local physical community, too, but I like the idea of throwing the nets a little wider. Each person has a uniqueness and a richness…(smile) the idea of savouring more hearts and minds is like an invitation to a feast...

Incidentally, my "name"(MuslimInshallah) is not to imply that I have any doubts on this score, but to remind me that each day we are challenged to make choices: those that Please Him, and those that harm our own Selves. And I am hoping that, with His Help, I will be of those who actively seek and submit to His Will (and thus find peace, i.e. the deeper definition of a Muslim).

Thank you to all those who post: it is a pleasure to read you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
08-21-2014, 09:05 PM
:wasalam: sister, and welcome to the forum!

What a lovely introductory post.

Good to have you here, and hope you'll enjoy being here, and find it beneficial.

Sorry to hear you've not been well though. Hope you make a speedy recovery, and that you like it enough to stay even after that.

Mango
08-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy your stay and insha'Allah you will find what you're looking for :)

Iceee
08-22-2014, 12:02 AM
Salaam Sister.

Welcome to our forums. :welcome::welcome::welcome:

Inshallah you get better from whatever sickness you have and get back to your regular life business.

Yes, life is a struggle, sometimes more for some than others. But with Allah Subhanahuwatallah watching our every move and guiding us, we can do wonders for ourselves in this Ummah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
08-22-2014, 02:14 AM
Salaams

Welcome to the forums. Enjoy the feast! Plenty on the menu ;D

Have a great stay and get well soon.

Peace

MuslimInshallah
08-23-2014, 02:33 AM
Thank you for your welcomes. I am better, thank you. I just had one of those 1-2 day viruses that make you feel a bit miserable, then you're ok.

May He Bless you for your small deeds!

Saja
08-23-2014, 06:37 PM
Hello MuslimInshAllah welcome to the forum, I’m new to here too, and I like it, it’s a really good place to share ideas and information and more.

AlMukarram
11-09-2014, 04:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh!

I just discovered this forum today, and I have been reading various posts (smile. What to do when you are sick in bed? Explore the internet!) and the idea of being able to meet new people, exchange ideas, share advice, support one another… appealed to me. Of course, I do this in my local physical community, too, but I like the idea of throwing the nets a little wider. Each person has a uniqueness and a richness…(smile) the idea of savouring more hearts and minds is like an invitation to a feast...

Incidentally, my "name"(MuslimInshallah) is not to imply that I have any doubts on this score, but to remind me that each day we are challenged to make choices: those that Please Him, and those that harm our own Selves. And I am hoping that, with His Help, I will be of those who actively seek and submit to His Will (and thus find peace, i.e. the deeper definition of a Muslim).

Thank you to all those who post: it is a pleasure to read you.
Salam Alaikum,
All the best for you. May Allah guide you through every step you take and grant you luck health love joy and Djannah in shaa Allah. May HE always keep you safe and on The Path. The Path of HIS love and guidance.

I'd like to thank you for your support and open minded-ness. BarakAllahu feek.
Always be you and do whatever you want. Don't let anyone ever take you down.
This all might seems strange but it's just that the subject is very important to me for various reasons.
I'm glad to see there are like minded people.
I just don'tt get why it's so taboo, why body hair is linked to gender. Why it isn't considered a way of outer beauty given by Allah. Khair in shaa Allah
No shave no shame, no matter what gender. Women grow hair on their bellies and their backs and their legs and their arms and their stomachs and their face and really anywhere Allah decides them to have hair and it is perfectly normal. What isnt normal is society trying to shame women for not looking like a hairless baby. Grown women are, after all, meant to have hair. There is nothing ‘unnatural’ about a hairy woman; if there were then the hair would not grow there in the first place. Likewise, there is nothing ‘unfeminine’ about a hairy woman; if femininity is defined as ‘like a woman’ then a woman in her natural state is by definition as feminine as she can be. Why should women only have hair on their heads ? Why is it disgusting and gross ? If it's gross why isn't a man with a hairy body gross ? Who has written the so called rules ? It also isn't unhygienic, we have water and soap don't we ? I think body hair is beautiful and feminine.

Khair. Sorry for all this, I can be very fanatic

BeTheChange
11-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Walaikumasalaam, awww your very sweet sister. Loving your uniqueness when you (smile) after typing. I feel the same this forum helps me become a better Muslim and like you sister, enjoy reading the different and varied views we all have- but one goal and one purpose in mind!

keep posting in sha Allah!

May Allah swa help us all achieve our goals. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!