/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello to all of you lovely people!

AmericanMuslim
08-24-2014, 11:14 PM
Salaam Alaykum!

I am an American Muslim. I converted to the true path of Allah (SWT) August 23rd, 2014.
Before I found Islam, my life was a mess, honestly. I was unhappy, I was having problems at home, and I had no one to turn to. Before, I was an Atheist. But this summer, I suddenly had this urge to look into Islam. To this day, I still do not know why I had that urge, but I did. I had always thought of Islam as this horrible religion that promoted terrorism, women abuse, and was just evil all around. And I was raised to highly dislike Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him). But when I did my research, I found that I was completely wrong. I had so many misconceptions about the religion. And honestly, I found it so beautiful. I wanted to convert. My plan was to convert once I got out of High School because I thought my Mom would disapprove. But one day, I just sat down with her, and told her to tell me what she thought about Islam. It seemed that she had a lot of misconceptions as well! I informed her about the true religion, and she told me it was okay if I decided to convert. Then, out of blue, I decided to convert the next day. Because I do not know if tomorrow is my last day or not, and I am trying to repair the relationship I had before with Allah (SWT) (I was raised Christian, but abandoned the religion). I converted the next day, at 9:30 AM.

When I practice Islam, I feel so much... happier. My life is so far full of peace, and happiness. I have not told my friends that I had converted yet, because... I don't know. Nervous, I guess. I have not visited a Mosque yet either, because I feel nervous as well.

I am reading the Qur'an (That also makes me feel peaceful. I love reading it, honestly. <3), and I would love to learn Arabic.

So yeah! Nice to meet you all! I hope to be helpful to others, and for others to be helpful to me.

Have a good night!

-AmericanMuslim.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
08-24-2014, 11:50 PM
Salaams,

Alhamdulillah! Welcome to the Deen and to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay. Feel free to browse through the archives and ask anything you want.

Is there a mosque near to you?

:peace:

AmericanMuslim
08-24-2014, 11:55 PM
There isn't one in my town, but I live right outside of Boston, so there a couple there.

jkekeis
08-25-2014, 12:05 AM
As-salamu alaykum

I recently converted to Islam myself and I know the feeling of nervousness. I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I went to a mosque, but if you introduce yourself to the sisters who attend, you'll feel like it's a second home. Best time to go of course is for Jumu'ah. As for your friends, no need to be nervous. If they don't accept you already, or especially after this decision, they didn't care about you to begin with. My best piece of advice: only be nervous when it comes to Allah (SWT) and wondering if you've done things correctly. That helps put everything else into focus.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
08-25-2014, 12:05 AM
:wa:

Alhadmulillah ; may Allah bless you sis . Pl. make dua for Ummah as u are sinless now :D

Except those who repent and believe (in Islamic Monotheism), and do righteous deeds, for those, Allah will change their sins into good deeds, and Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
( سورة الفرقان , Al-Furqan, Chapter #25, Verse #70)

AmericanMuslim
08-25-2014, 12:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jkekeis
As-salamu alaykum

I recently converted to Islam myself and I know the feeling of nervousness. I wasn't sure what to expect the first time I went to a mosque, but if you introduce yourself to the sisters who attend, you'll feel like it's a second home. Best time to go of course is for Jumu'ah. As for your friends, no need to be nervous. If they don't accept you already, or especially after this decision, they didn't care about you to begin with. My best piece of advice: only be nervous when it comes to Allah (SWT) and wondering if you've done things correctly. That helps put everything else into focus.

Thank you very much! :)

Iceee
08-25-2014, 04:23 AM
Salaam Sister!

You converted so recently. Welcome to Islam :salam: and IslamicBoard.:welcome:

format_quote Originally Posted by AmericanMuslim
I had always thought of Islam as this horrible religion that promoted terrorism, women abuse, and was just evil all around.
This is what a lot of non-muslims think Islam is all about. Little do they know that doing any of these things is haraam in Islam and will get you punished in the here-after. I despise any man who abuse woman or kill others. It's just, wrong!

Alhumdulillah your mother seems like an amazing woman. Keep her in your prayers even though she might not be Muslim. Pray for her having a long and healthy life and tell her you love her once in a while. :)

If you have any questions, feel free to start a separate thread.

Salaam.

syed_z
08-25-2014, 06:28 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum.... Peace be upon you....

Welcome to Islam... :)

BilalKid
09-01-2014, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by jkekeis
As-salamu alaykum

Congrats brother whats your story to islam?

Mango
09-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Welcome to the truth, May Allah grant you paradise :)

jkekeis
09-08-2014, 03:52 AM
Well, I decided to read the Qur'an one day earlier this year after I friend of mine, who is half Palestinian, and I were talking. I spent 8 years in the US Army and went to Iraq twice, but I never harbored any malice to Muslims and the culture and religion was intriguing to me at the time. I came back home and for years didn't think much about it until that conversation. I was a theist, as in I believed in a God, but I never could embrace the concept of Christ as the "Son of God" as it is in Christianity. So, when I read the Qur'an and it mentions "it's God. What does He need children for?" and it made sense to me. So, it made sense to me naturally to worship Allah alone (as He SWT and Muhammad SAW instructed us to do). After I read several English translations (to make sure the message I got was as close as possible to the original), I converted (well, more of became, since I didn't have a declared religion before it) in early June. Since then, I've been reading my way through Sahih Bukhari and I'm considering writing a book about Islam and my experiences to try to get people here in the states to think differently. In sha Allah, I'll get to that soon.

Stuckinthemiddl
09-08-2014, 12:34 PM
It is great news and it reminds me of how I felt you just want to tell the world what they are missing.

I british blonde hair blue eyes so I feel awkward attempting going to a mosque because for one I will be confused and feel like I'm standing out or people think not serious. But I suppose there only one person can judge you and I bet you know who that is and your only doing it for Allah and yourself. And generally muslim in my area think british people are just disbelievers and don't want there kids to even associate with non muslim friends. Even my muslim friend there parents couldn't see me because they didn't want there parents thinking wrong things and that is not right but that is why it made me feel they way I am. I feel like if I was abrown skin colour it would be easier. Islam is for everyone and from this day I stil haven't told my mum as her veiw in islam is not the same, she has only heard of bad things people killing british people in name of their religion.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!