/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Needs serious advice -- STRANGE OCCURENCE

cottonrainbow
08-28-2014, 09:30 PM
Assalamu alaykum members!

I am praying that someone can help me with this issue.
I have had situations occur when I am speaking to someone either on the phone or in person that they either seriously misinterpret my words or falsely accuse me of saying curse words to them. The last occurrence happened today while i was on the phone. My husband was sitting next to me and we were both shocked that I was accused of saying a curse word when I didn't say much at all other than ask for basic assistance.

I'd like to know if when this type of thing happens, is it a problem with me, or is it a problem with the other person who is hearing wrong things.

Many thanks!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
08-29-2014, 06:10 AM
I have never heard of anything like this before. If someone misunderstands what you say, then that's one thing. but if you're accused of using curse words when you didn't utter anything that could be confused with it, then that is very strange. Is it the same person (or people) who accuse you always? It may be they have something against you or they have some problem or they have a hearing problem.

drac16
08-29-2014, 09:11 AM
Wa alaykum salam,

It could be because of your speech mannerisms. I get the same thing because I have a deep voice, I speak eratically and I mumble a lot [even when I don't mean to], so I often have to repeat myself when I speak to someone. I could never be a khatib or anything else that would require clear enunciation ;D. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. If it isn't a problem with your style of speaking, it could be a problem with another person's hearing ability (nobody hears perfectly).

peaceandlove
09-02-2014, 05:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cottonrainbow
Assalamu alaykum members!

I am praying that someone can help me with this issue.
I have had situations occur when I am speaking to someone either on the phone or in person that they either seriously misinterpret my words or falsely accuse me of saying curse words to them. The last occurrence happened today while i was on the phone. My husband was sitting next to me and we were both shocked that I was accused of saying a curse word when I didn't say much at all other than ask for basic assistance.

I'd like to know if when this type of thing happens, is it a problem with me, or is it a problem with the other person who is hearing wrong things.

Many thanks!
;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

You might say why i am laughing sister? The only reason is that the same happens to me too.

People interept my word in such a way that they think i am even figting with them but in my heart or in mind mind i never feel that i said such word that are disturbing.
Actually, what i think i did not pick the right words or right time.

I only pray to Allah for that to solve that issue for both of us.

Yes, not sure what to say but atleast you are or atleast I am not the alone who is facing the same. LOL

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
09-02-2014, 06:12 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

May Allah (swt) help all you having this problem...:)

Saja
09-02-2014, 11:36 PM
Talking on the phone is not like talking in person, but you have said it happened in both situations, I honestly never heard of a problem like this, is it maybe because you speak English accent?

I speak English with an accent and some word are hard for me to pronounce correctly and they sound differently.

Scimitar
09-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Assalaam alaikum sister CottonRainbow,

I believe this dua may help you in sha Allah - -it is the same dua Musa AS made to Allah due to his stutter.

20:25to top

Sahih International
[Moses] said, "My Lord, expand for me my breast [with assurance]

20:26to top

Sahih International
And ease for me my task

20:27to top

Sahih International
And untie the knot from my tongue

20:28to top

Sahih International
That they may understand my speech.

Hope this helps,

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!