/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Happiest moments :)

BilalKid
09-01-2014, 04:10 AM
What is the happiest thing ever ever to happen to your life? mine is when I was born, even though I can't remember it i am blessed to be here :D.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
09-01-2014, 07:27 AM
:sl:

hmm that was ur mom's happiest moment :statisfie

mine is the day I performed Hajj . Alhamdulillah

ardianto
09-01-2014, 04:10 PM
Without intention to make a video, I always regard myself as Happy Muslim. It's because I realize that Allah has given me many things.

And when were my happiest moments?. When I could share my happiness and made the other happy.

:)

strivingobserver98
09-01-2014, 07:14 PM

My happiest moment is the day I discovered this is it ISLAM IS THE TRUTH. Even though I was born muslim back in the days Islam just felt like a culture not a religion. At age 14 I continued to research and at that moment I felt the true sweetness of Islam and emaan.

May Allah bless us all with his guidance, ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
09-01-2014, 09:22 PM
I've had happy moments and sad moments. There have been many of each. I don't think I can point out the happiest moment in my life.

BilalKid
09-02-2014, 03:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

hmm that was ur mom's happiest moment :statisfie

mine is the day I performed Hajj . Alhamdulillah
:lol: pray I can perform hajj too

BilalKid
09-02-2014, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamin
I've had happy moments and sad moments. There have been many of each. I don't think I can point out the happiest moment in my life.
It can be one happy moment not just happiest :statisfie

greenhill
09-02-2014, 04:13 AM
Mine was a looooong time ago..... when I completed my first public exams, the 'O' Levels back in 1983. I remember celebrating the ocassion by burning my notes and feeling very relieved that the pressure was no more and that I am proceeding upwards and onwards with my life.. (that was if I passed the exams, which I did! Alhamdulillah).

The next feeling of happiness (many years later) was when both my mother and mother in law went for their Hajj together! Wow!

:peace:

ardianto
09-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Brothers, sisters, what you mean with "happy" in your post?.

I ask this question because English is not my first language, and there are two words in my language that translated into "Happy", but these two words have different meaning.

"Senang". This is happiness which we feel like when we graduate from school with high score, or could get something that we want.

"Bahagia". This is happiness which we feel something in our heart that make us want to cry because we are very grateful.

What I mean with "happy" in my previous post is happiness that called "bahagia" in my language.

MuslimInshallah
09-02-2014, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Brothers, sisters, what you mean with "happy" in your post?.
Assalaamu alaikum,

“Happiness” is a rather vague term. It actually refers to a lot of positive states. And different people will have differing ideas about what happiness really is.

You can have the elation of getting good grades, the joy of meeting an old friend, the contentment of a job well done, the peace of doing your best, and leaving the rest to Allah, the burst of wonder at one of the ayatAllah, the excitement of an anticipated treat, the comfort of a loved one's hug...

It's why trying to come up with the happiest moment in your life is rather hard...

I mean, there is that indescribable euphoria (after the unmedicated trials of childbirth) of holding your newborn...

There is the deep serenity of standing by an outside water tap on a perfect spring day with the bees humming industriously in the cherry tree next to you...

There's the lilting in your heart and body when you are first going to be with your beloved...

There's the sudden remembrance of the awesome power of the sea, when you see and hear and smell it after so many years away...

There is the delicious enjoyment of eating blackberries on a windy autumn day, straight from a seemingly endless sea of brambles around you...

There is the sudden beautiful nostalgia when you open a box from far away and smell something that transports you to the place it came from...

There is the sleepy laziness of a really good sleep after too many years of not enough...

There is the quiet solace of emptying your tears after damming them too long...

There is the delight of seeing your grandfather, waiting for you to come home and waving his handkerchief, across the gentle cow-filled fields...

There is the exhilaration of overcoming your terror of guns and shooting all your bullets in the target...

There is the upwelling of gratitude when a person is compassionate in a difficult time...

There is the vivifying extolling of Allah when you take a drink after a long day of fasting...

There is the relaxed satiation when you eat a long-awaited meal…

(smile) Happiness is in the Heart of the believer.

syed_z
09-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Asalaam O Alaikum...

My happiest moment was the 1st time I went to Madinah during my 1st Umrah and since then My happiest moment has always been my visit to the Blessed Madinah (twice again)....

Allahumma Salle Ala Muhammadin Wa Ala Alay Muhammaddin....

Scimitar
09-03-2014, 01:35 AM
you know, all I can think of right now, is this:

when I see children laughing - I am the happiest I can be. I feel sheer joy at their laughter and the light in their eyes,

may the light always shine, Ameen.

Scimitar
09-03-2014, 01:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

“Happiness” is a rather vague term. It actually refers to a lot of positive states. And different people will have differing ideas about what happiness really is.

You can have the elation of getting good grades, the joy of meeting an old friend, the contentment of a job well done, the peace of doing your best, and leaving the rest to Allah, the burst of wonder at one of the ayatAllah, the excitement of an anticipated treat, the comfort of a loved one's hug...

It's why trying to come up with the happiest moment in your life is rather hard...

I mean, there is that indescribable euphoria (after the unmedicated trials of childbirth) of holding your newborn...

There is the deep serenity of standing by an outside water tap on a perfect spring day with the bees humming industriously in the cherry tree next to you...

There's the lilting in your heart and body when you are first going to be with your beloved...

There's the sudden remembrance of the awesome power of the sea, when you see and hear and smell it after so many years away...

There is the delicious enjoyment of eating blackberries on a windy autumn day, straight from a seemingly endless sea of brambles around you...

There is the sudden beautiful nostalgia when you open a box from far away and smell something that transports you to the place it came from...

There is the sleepy laziness of a really good sleep after too many years of not enough...

There is the quiet solace of emptying your tears after damming them too long...

There is the delight of seeing your grandfather, waiting for you to come home and waving his handkerchief, across the gentle cow-filled fields...

There is the exhilaration of overcoming your terror of guns and shooting all your bullets in the target...

There is the upwelling of gratitude when a person is compassionate in a difficult time...

There is the vivifying extolling of Allah when you take a drink after a long day of fasting...

There is the relaxed satiation when you eat a long-awaited meal…

(smile) Happiness is in the Heart of the believer.
WOW!!! :) you're a poet at heart ! Masha-Allah

greenhill
09-03-2014, 05:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syed_z
My happiest moment was the 1st time I went to Madinah during my 1st Umrah and since then My happiest moment has always been my visit to the Blessed Madinah (twice again)....
Wow!

This brings me to ponder on our br. Ardianto's comment.... what do you mean happy? :D

I posted above on my happy moments and reading this post reminded me of my visit there some 17 years ago... it was the most fulfilling time of my life. Not necessarily the happiest but it made me really consider going nowhere else for a holiday but to keep going back.... alas never made it back.

It was upon arriving there and staying for hours in the Masjid reciting all the verses that I knew by heart (around 4 at the time) that I vowed when I returned back home I was going to learn to read the Quran. That way, should I ever find myself again in either Mecca or Medina, I would be able to while away my time reciting...

Peace

greenhill
09-03-2014, 06:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
...that I vowed when I returned back home I was going to learn to read the Quran.
I have to clarify this further..

Although I have read the Quran in Malay and English several times on my own, I did take up Quran reading classes immediately after coming back from the umrah. After a year and several chapters later, when I was able to read well enough, things conspired and I eventually stopped going...:embarrass

Many years later I reflected back on this and thought to myself, why did I not really make an effort to finish reading it? It occurred to me that when I was in Mecca (or was it Medina?), in my frustration, I vowed to learn to read... not to finish... hence I got my wish - to be able to read, and not finish! It kinds of reinforces to me the belief to be careful what you wish for. It must be exactly what you want. I am glad that I remember my intentions in order to see what went wrong...:hmm:

syed_z
09-03-2014, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
what do you mean happy?

I posted above on my happy moments and reading this post reminded me of my visit there some 17 years ago... it was the most fulfilling time of my life. Not necessarily the happiest but it made me really consider going nowhere else for a holiday but to keep going back.... alas never made it back.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.... May be I should say my best Spiritual Moments were at Madinah every time I have visited the place...

by the way recite a lot of Durood and Salaam on the Blessed Prophet (saw) and InshA'Allah you'll visit again.

InToTheRain
09-03-2014, 09:48 AM
:salam:

May Allah Most High bless you all with more Happy Moments dear brothers and sisters :)

My happiest moments are when I see those close to me Happy (Parents,Wife,brothers,Sisters etc) especially if I contributed to that happiness so it's many

drac16
09-04-2014, 01:56 AM

It's tough for me to remember just one. The happiest time that I can recall at the moment is when my cousin got married, roughly four years ago. He [my cousin] was like an older brother to me; in fact, my most cherrished memories as a child involved my cousin in some way. He and his wife just welcomed a baby into the world and I'm very happy for them. Mashallah!

BilalKid
09-04-2014, 03:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by drac16

It's tough for me to remember just one. The happiest time that I can recall at the moment is when my cousin got married, roughly four years ago. He [my cousin] was like an older brother to me; in fact, my most cherrished memories as a child involved my cousin in some way. He and his wife just welcomed a baby into the world and I'm very happy for them. Mashallah!
Mashallah very delighted to hear that, I remember some of my family marriages too such happy moments :D

Scimitar
09-04-2014, 04:11 AM
SO I read the responses here, and realised that a happy moment can also be complicated one. I went for Umrah in Ramadhan 2006, it was special. But one memory I never talk about to anyone, I will share with you now.

When I first entered masjid al haram in that trip, I kept my eyes to the floor, until I came into the inner sanctuary where the kaaba is only a stones throw away - and that is when I lifted my head to see the kaaba.

I had never experienced a flood of thoughts, all converging and layering over one another like I did when I first laid my eyes on the kaaba. So many thoughts. Most to do with guilt, at the sins i had committed in previous years, I was a very very BIG sinner. And I felt like I didn't deserve to be there - but inside my head there were so many other thoughts also. Such as "this is the house my father Adam As, and his son Abraham AS built with his son Ishmael AS, and his son, Muhammad SAWS built - this is REAL HISTORY, and I am looking at it" and "This is the first house of worship for mankind" and "How can I be here now?" and "Is this really happening?" and so many others, all looping back to the guilt that I felt, I felt unworthy and fell to my knees. Everything blurred and I realised I was in tears. I couldn't sort out the mixed emotions. I was delighted that I had made it there - that I was looking at the kaaba, and yet, felt guilty for my past - and the emotions were too much. I had turned up at the house of Allah, as a sinner. My adrenaline was kicking. Shaking, I made my way to do tawaaf, LABBAIK, LABBAIK, ALLAHUMMA LABBAIK, LA SHAREEKALAKA LABBAIK... and I was thinking "I am here, I'm here Allah, how have you bought me here Allah?" I was a complete nervous wreck - even now I can't really pinpoint my exact thoughts of that moment... it was too much, but in the midst of it, I remembered my mothers words "if you see the kaaba, know that it is because Allah willed it" and that is when it hit me like a ton of iron to the chest - this was a personal invite from Allah. I had felt so distanced from him due to my own guilt, but right then - I felt HIS mercy in that one realisation alone, that HE had invited me - that this was a part of my predestination. My uncles words came back to me - which he had quoted from some one, and words which I now use myself to console others who feel as I once did - "just as every saint has a past - every sinner has a future"...

... happy or not, it is one moment that changed my life - because I had learnt at that time, that I had to forgive myself, and learn to live properly - I made a dua then. I asked Allah, "make me a poor man, wretched, bereft of the worldly gains this planet has to offer - if it means I can dwell in paradise with my beloved, the prophet Muhammad pbuh".

And you know what? Since that day, I have experienced being a poor man, wearing shoes that have holes in them, still wearing the same ones after 3 years, I have been skint (no money) to even buy myself something to wear on Eid, I have been mocked, pointed at, scorned, felt sorry for, rejected, distanced, marginalised, you name it - but it didn't matter anymore... with each passing day, I see that my dua is fruiting.

I have my own business, but I make no money and barely turn it over. But it doesn't matter. I have Allah - and I have hope for the day of judgement to be judged with mercy so I attain heaven without punishment!

And in that one moment, looking at the kaaba - I had no idea how my life would change - but change, it did.

My only regret, is not tearing up my passport and living in the holy city as an illegal immigrant.

Not sure if this is what you'd call "happy", but as someone above said, happy is such a vague word - in my misery, I experience joy. And no one can take that away from me - because I have nothing they could possibly want.

Allah has given me the only things I asked for when it came to things I wanted for myself - poverty and disgrace in this life, and in sha Allah heaven in the next.

Scimi

greenhill
09-04-2014, 04:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
My only regret, is not tearing up my passport and living in the holy city as an illegal immigrant.
same thought crossed my mind.... ;D

Scimitar
09-04-2014, 04:30 AM
If Allah ever takes me back there - I will not ever leave!... care not, where there is a will, there is a way - and if Allah wills it, then it is what it is, right bro greenhill? :)

in sha Allah, I will live in Makkah, and travel to Madina often.

The lads I've fostered in the lambul chat group, often heard me say "my heart is lost somewhere on the road between Makkah to Madina" :) and it's true.

syed_z
09-04-2014, 08:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
SO I read the responses here, and realised that a happy moment can also be complicated one. I went for Umrah in Ramadhan 2006, it was special. But one memory I never talk about to anyone, I will share with you now.

When I first entered masjid al haram in that trip, I kept my eyes to the floor, until I came into the inner sanctuary where the kaaba is only a stones throw away - and that is when I lifted my head to see the kaaba.

I had never experienced a flood of thoughts, all converging and layering over one another like I did when I first laid my eyes on the kaaba. So many thoughts. Most to do with guilt, at the sins i had committed in previous years, I was a very very BIG sinner. And I felt like I didn't deserve to be there - but inside my head there were so many other thoughts also. Such as "this is the house my father Adam As, and his son Abraham AS built with his son Ishmael AS, and his son, Muhammad SAWS built - this is REAL HISTORY, and I am looking at it" and "This is the first house of worship for mankind" and "How can I be here now?" and "Is this really happening?" and so many others, all looping back to the guilt that I felt, I felt unworthy and fell to my knees. Everything blurred and I realised I was in tears. I couldn't sort out the mixed emotions. I was delighted that I had made it there - that I was looking at the kaaba, and yet, felt guilty for my past - and the emotions were too much. I had turned up at the house of Allah, as a sinner. My adrenaline was kicking. Shaking, I made my way to do tawaaf, LABBAIK, LABBAIK, ALLAHUMMA LABBAIK, LA SHAREEKALAKA LABBAIK... and I was thinking "I am here, I'm here Allah, how have you bought me here Allah?" I was a complete nervous wreck - even now I can't really pinpoint my exact thoughts of that moment... it was too much, but in the midst of it, I remembered my mothers words "if you see the kaaba, know that it is because Allah willed it" and that is when it hit me like a ton of iron to the chest - this was a personal invite from Allah. I had felt so distanced from him due to my own guilt, but right then - I felt HIS mercy in that one realisation alone, that HE had invited me - that this was a part of my predestination. My uncles words came back to me - which he had quoted from some one, and words which I now use myself to console others who feel as I once did - "just as every saint has a past - every sinner has a future"...

... happy or not, it is one moment that changed my life - because I had learnt at that time, that I had to forgive myself, and learn to live properly - I made a dua then. I asked Allah, "make me a poor man, wretched, bereft of the worldly gains this planet has to offer - if it means I can dwell in paradise with my beloved, the prophet Muhammad pbuh".

And you know what? Since that day, I have experienced being a poor man, wearing shoes that have holes in them, still wearing the same ones after 3 years, I have been skint (no money) to even buy myself something to wear on Eid, I have been mocked, pointed at, scorned, felt sorry for, rejected, distanced, marginalised, you name it - but it didn't matter anymore... with each passing day, I see that my dua is fruiting.

I have my own business, but I make no money and barely turn it over. But it doesn't matter. I have Allah - and I have hope for the day of judgement to be judged with mercy so I attain heaven without punishment!

And in that one moment, looking at the kaaba - I had no idea how my life would change - but change, it did.

Not sure if this is what you'd call "happy", but as someone above said, happy is such a vague word - in my misery, I experience joy. And no one can take that away from me - because I have nothing they could possibly want.

Allah has given me the only things I asked for when it came to things I wanted for myself - poverty and disgrace in this life, and in sha Allah heaven in the next.

Scimi

I have no words....... All I can say is I Thank you for opening up your heart and sharing that with us :)

Would like to share one thing though that Prophet (saw) said that 'Umrah in Ramadaan is like Hajj with me'

BilalKid
02-05-2016, 09:39 AM
bump thread :shade:

sister herb
02-05-2016, 09:44 AM
Well, nothing can´t beat the moment when I found Islam. But little happy moments happen every day. :statisfie You just need to have ability to notice them.

Asiyah3
02-05-2016, 04:04 PM
My moments with kids, funny family and school/uni moments, when I was accepted to uni, when I saw people whose manners made me think they were Angels.

azc
02-05-2016, 04:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
What is the happiest thing ever ever to happen to your life? mine is when I was born, even though I can't remember it i am blessed to be here :D.
difficult to choose

BilalKid
02-07-2016, 12:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
difficult to choose
choose 1 :shade:

hisnameiszzz
02-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Very hard to choose from.

But getting to know my Mom as a friend was one of the happiest moments of my life.

My nephew being born was also one of the happiest moments of my life.

This will sound awful but I was quite happy when my Dad finally died. He was ill for such a long time and went from being a normal man to what resembled a skeleton who couldn't do a thing himself. So when he finally passed I was happy he was no longer in pain. Plus once he died we were not always on edge when the home phone rang. We always assumed it was the hospital with bad news. Sorry the last one probably sounds awful but it's agonising to see someone suffer so much.

BilalKid
04-17-2016, 11:39 PM
:bump1:

Kiro
04-18-2016, 03:01 PM
maybe it was when the Support was going to have the C4 and not have it be taken away

The-Deist
04-18-2016, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
maybe it was when the Support was going to have the C4 and not have it be taken away
C4 is an explosive...

Kiro
04-18-2016, 03:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The-Deist
C4 is an explosive...
Yup. The troll weapon. Hunting dem tanks.

noraina
04-18-2016, 03:26 PM
Alhamdulillah, I have been blessed with what I think is a perfect childhood and time with my parents and family.

My happiest moment would have been around three years ago (when I was 14) and I truly fell in love with Allah SWT. Before then I would run a mile away from any mention of Islam and I was only a Muslim by name, I was so ashamed and embarrassed of my religion. Since then life has been the most amazing journey of self-discovery and restoring my relationship with Allah SWT and I pray it never ends. I have changed so much subhanAllah. My happiest moment is right now - every moment I continue to find my way to Him :)

I get emotional thinking about it :D I haven't been happier.

ardianto
04-18-2016, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Without intention to make a video, I always regard myself as Happy Muslim.
Maybe anybody wonder why I said like that. Okay, that's refer to a video in Youtube. And maybe members in UK still remember the video that I mean.

;)

MuhammadIbrahim
04-18-2016, 05:02 PM
The happiest moment in my life is when I dreamed of prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings be upon him).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!