/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is he being disciplined?

InToTheRain
09-04-2014, 04:16 PM
He uses agile footwork to observe his surroundings and should be commended for his efforts BUT instead he is being disciplined for it :(

BBC News - 'Silly walks' Buckingham Palace Guardsman under investigation

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*Yasmin*
09-04-2014, 06:05 PM
a while ago I read something similar, one guardsman did funny facial expressions, they will investigate the matter, and take actions against him because there are standards of behavior which should be followed regardless of anything.

jkekeis
09-04-2014, 06:11 PM
I was in the military (US, not UK), and there are standards to be maintained, especially when on a detail assignment as prestigious as this. You know that the public and press are watching, so if you wouldn't do anything foolish during regular drill & ceremonies, this is definitely not the time and place to do it. Plus, I don't think there's a prescribed description for "pirouetting" in any manual ;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!