/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Designing !!

kazierfan
09-05-2014, 05:14 AM
Assalamualaikum !!

- I'm a graphic designer.
- I design graphics for living.
- Recently I draw an image of an abstract bird.

It has no legs, no eyes, no typical wings but have a wing in an abstract way.

I can't add the image link, so that you will know what the image look like.

Now will please tell me is it haram or halal ?

Shukran :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
09-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I also do graphic design, 3D modelling, video special effects etc...

...but i refrain from making images which mimic life - instead, I've made a point that in my business I will only design within "islamic" boundaries - so anything which imitates or suggests "life" is a big no no for me.

Scimi

strivingobserver98
09-05-2014, 03:03 PM
:sl:

You can add the image link by "Insert image" Icon, should look like a picture frame on the text editor.

kazierfan
09-05-2014, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
I also do graphic design, 3D modelling, video special effects etc...

...but i refrain from making images which mimic life - instead, I've made a point that in my business I will only design within "islamic" boundaries - so anything which imitates or suggests "life" is a big no no for me.

Scimi
Thanks !! I also do that. But sometimes I become confused, whether this design is forbidden or not. Or sometimes for the clients have to do so.
Did you see the image ?
What do you think ? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kazierfan
09-05-2014, 03:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان

You can add the image link by "Insert image" Icon, should look like a picture frame on the text editor.
Thanks ! I have tried that before but they told me that I have to post some thread first, then it will be available.
I have provided the link below, did you check it ? :)

strivingobserver98
09-05-2014, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kazierfan
Thanks ! I have tried that before but they told me that I have to post some thread first, then it will be available.
I have provided the link below, did you check it ? :)
Oh your still limited member, only full members can post images. Send the image on email and I'll put it on here :ia:

AabiruSabeel
09-06-2014, 03:35 AM

As we don't have scholars on board, we may not able to answer your question correctly. Please ask it on a reputable fatwa website such as Welcome to daruliftaa.com | daruliftaa.com

strivingobserver98
09-07-2014, 08:10 PM

Here is the picture the brother was talking about. This kind of replicates a bird I would stay away from it. But as brother IbnAdam said it's best to ask the Ulema.

kazierfan
09-07-2014, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Here is the picture the brother was talking about. This kind of replicates a bird I would stay away from it. But as brother IbnAdam said it's best to ask the Ulema.
Thanks. Where/How should I ask an Ulema as I am new in this site?

strivingobserver98
09-07-2014, 08:17 PM
I know one personally, I will ask him on your behalf :ia:

I'll post his reply on here.

Abu Musab
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
I have seen the image above that farhan posted.

Such an image will not be permissible as it still resembles a bird, the removal of its eyes does not make it permissible, if you had removed the entire head then yes it would be permissible, but as it stands a person can still see clearly that it's a bird.

Wallaahu A`lam.

kazierfan
09-08-2014, 06:30 PM
Shukran for your comment !! I have done this project and got the money for this. Now what's my step towards this ?

Abu Musab
09-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Shukran for your comment !! I have done this project and got the money for this. Now what's my step towards this ?
Seeing as how you had done it while being unaware of the ruling, we would give the verdict on the view which says your money is permissible, but just do not do it in the future in-shaa Allaah.

Wallaahu A`lam.

kazierfan
09-08-2014, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Musab
Seeing as how you had done it while being unaware of the ruling, we would give the verdict on the view which says your money is permissible, but just do not do it in the future in-shaa Allaah.

Wallaahu A`lam.
Shukran !! I won't do it again in shaa Allah !! One last question. I have used the image to my graphic design portfolio/Resume !! Should I remove it from their or what ?

Abu Musab
09-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Shukran !! I won't do it again in shaa Allah !! One last question. I have used the image to my graphic design portfolio/Resume !! Should I remove it from their or what ?
Yes, it is best if you remove it from there.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!