/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Online Piracy

bubbletubs
09-06-2014, 07:37 PM
So as someone who consumes entertainment in form of movies and video games. Reflecting on these pastimes I understand I will eventually have to tone them down to make better use of my time. In meantime this has been bugging me:

In my opinion online piracy with movies and video games is grey area. If I do consider it breaking the law,theft, going against my beliefs then I come to the conclusion I should be paying for every film I watch or game I play.

But something bothers me, by paying for these products am I not promoting and helping this industry to continue creating ways for millions of people over the planet to waste time. Being held accountable for wasting your own time is something but having a hand in time wasted by other people seems lile a nightmare. For example paying to watch a movie in a cinema knowing that company behind this film is creating content which promotes sexual perversion, greed, violence seems worse than pirating the movie I wanted to watch.

I hope you get an idea of my train of thoughts, if you could expand on it, thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Snow
09-07-2014, 09:27 AM
Copying is strictly not stealing but, like you mention, it is in a grey area.
What I get for free, I look at it like a promotional sample.
If I really enjoyed the product, I do buy it.
Simply to support the artist or whoever made it for my enjoyment.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!