/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haraam to help a non mahram if he is injured (includes touching him)

simplymuslim
09-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Assalamu Alaykum. I was just wondering about this. What if someone wounded themselves and there was no other person to help this person except you and this person was a male (im a female) If i tried to help this person would that be ok?I thought it might be ok since you have a good intention but i just want to double-check!Jazakhallah Khair :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-07-2014, 10:58 AM
Wa'alaikumsalam

One deeds that I often enough do for other people in helping them cross the street. I've ever helped young women, I've ever helped old women. When I help young woman I just walk beside her, when I helped old woman I always gave my hand, so she could grab it.

Is it haram to touch or be touched by non-mahram?. If necessary, it's permissible. Young woman is still strong to walk without help, so I just walk beside her when I help her cross the street. But old woman is not as strong as young woman, and often need help in walking. This is why I give my hand to her. I let myself be touched by her because it's necessary.

Just imagine if a man almost drowned in the river, and you are the only person who was there. Should you help him which it's mean you must touch him?. Or you must let him drowned because touching non-mahram is haram?.

simplymuslim
09-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Jazakhallah Khair :)

Aisha
09-09-2014, 11:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by simplymuslim
Assalamu Alaykum. I was just wondering about this. What if someone wounded themselves and there was no other person to help this person except you and this person was a male (im a female) If i tried to help this person would that be ok?I thought it might be ok since you have a good intention but i just want to double-check!Jazakhallah Khair :)
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Someone asked Shaykh Zahir Mahmood this very question.

format_quote Originally Posted by Shaykh Zahir Mahmood
WIthout belittling anyone or anyone's question, I need to respond to a question which was posted under my previous post. The post was about the Saudi sister who was stabbed and people just walked passed her without helping.
I have deleted the persons post so you will not be able to ascertain who it is.
The question was "should a person touch a Non Mahram to save her."
The issue of concern is the lack of basic Islamic knowledge, every Muslim should know the answer to this. Next time you see a non Mahram dying on the street are you going to ring the local Mufti for a fatwa before you help her/he.
The answer it not only permissible it is an obligation.
May Allah guide us all to the straight path.
I hope that helps inshaAllah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhaba
09-09-2014, 11:40 AM
Oh yeah and in an emergency situation, men and women can assist each other. Women used to treat wounded men on the battlefield at the time of the Prophet (SAW).

simplymuslim
09-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Before i asked this question, i read something saying if something is haraam it is haraam even if you did it with a good intention and this question wondered into my mind.I feel embarrassed that I did not ponder over this question as the answer is really obvious :embarrass Jazkhallah khair :statisfie:statisfie:statisfie

Aisha
09-10-2014, 01:49 PM
السّلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

All off-topic posts deleted. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss another issue.

Stuckinthemiddl
09-13-2014, 08:32 AM
If your intention at help is sincere and to help that person help them no matter what religion race or ago we are all humans

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!