/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I am a new member - need your opinion

Zaighum
09-07-2014, 01:54 PM
Hi all,

My name is Zaighum Abbas Ranjha and I am new to this forum. The main reason came here is that I want to contribute to Islamic past through photos and writing. I have launched a website couple of months ago and it is non profitable venture. This website is about the history of Islam (still working on the project) and photos taken during my travel (still on going process). So far I have managed to upload 5000 photos, as I mentioned above that it is still on going process. I need some opinion and feedback.
Please feel free to visit my website and leave your comments on website.
islamichistoryandtravel.com

Many thanks

Zaighum Abbas Ranjha

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
09-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Assalamualaikum, welcome to the forum.

I have visited your blog, and my honest opinion is ...... seem like you mix two blogs become one.

Your blog has Islamic contents that makes it look like Islamic blog, but also there are many photos from your travel which not related to Islam that makes it look like travel blog. And you mix these contents in one blog that can make the visitor confused, is it Islamic blog or travel blog?.

Just an input, brother. And honestly, I like your blog. :)

Zaighum
09-07-2014, 03:01 PM
Waalaikumsalaam,

Thanks for your kind words. I see the point there, basically this website is do with the History of Islam and general travel photos (non-Muslim world also) because I have a passion for old buildings and structures so it brings a word of general photos. May be in distant future, I will enhance it in better way.

I am looking at a long term project in order to educate our younger generation through lens (photos). I am no pro but trying hard.

strivingobserver98
09-07-2014, 08:05 PM
:sl:

Maybe you could work on the website design to make it more user friendly and look professional. Also I notice spelling mistake on the title on "history".

Looks like you put a lot of hard work in putting all those photos. Great stuff!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
09-07-2014, 10:55 PM
Salaams,

Welcome to the forums. Perhaps I will check out the site later, but in the meantime, do browse through the threads.

Wishing you a great stay.

Peace :shade:

syed_z
09-08-2014, 07:37 AM
Asalaam O Alaikum Zaigham Sahab...

Nice website and InshA'Allah may Allah (swt) help you make it better and more informative.

Since as Bro Ardianto said that it has pics from Travel not related to Islamic History, I think you could rename the site , if not difficult, to Muslim History and Travel rather than Islamic History and Travel, if that is easy, otherwise no issue.... looks great :).

Zaighum
09-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Thank you Farhan, Greenhill and Syed_z for you suggestions. I have corrected 'History' word already. In order to give the website a professional look, I am learning this art of web designing. I have not been able to do that due to time constraint. I am also trying to invest into better photography equipments and learn this art in order to improve the picture quality. My plan is to travel as much as I can through Muslim World with my limited resources.
I will be mainly working on Islamic past but I am open other historical locations. Website name is bit confusing, I agree with that. May be down the road, I will split this into two different websites.
Let's hope
Kind regards,

strivingobserver98
09-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Instead of learning web designing you could use platforms such as Wordpress, Wix or any site builder. Some are just easy drag and drop. Have you looked into those?

Zaighum
09-08-2014, 08:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Instead of learning web designing you could use platforms such as Wordpress, Wix or any site builder. Some are just easy drag and drop. Have you looked into those?
Thanks bro,
I am using bluevoda which is drag and drop software to create website similar to the ones you mentioned above. Some of the people I know told me that I needed to come out of restrictions which are applied by these platforms and needed to learn the actual designing. So that's why I went online to get an honest opinion.
If any of the members in this forum has better idea or insight, I will gladly accept it.

Thanks again Farhan.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!