/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is not watching daily soap opera with wife considered cruelty in Islam ?

anonymous
09-07-2014, 02:24 PM
I want to know whether not watching soap opera with wife can be considered as cruelty and grounds for divorce in islam ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
09-07-2014, 05:12 PM
Not watching soap opera with your wife is a very silly reason to warrant divorce, of course. There may be more to it than that. Maybe she feels her emotional needs are not being met in general and used the soap opera as just one example.

Being beaten with a frying pan, not being allowed to visit her mum and dad, having her money stolen from her, being kept hungry, being shouted and sworn at <-- all examples of cruelty. Not watching soap opera with her? That's not cruel. That's you having your preference and she should respect that. Taking it as cruelty is highly immature behaviour.

anonymous
09-07-2014, 06:32 PM
[quote]Being beaten with a frying pan, not being allowed to visit her mum and dad, having her money stolen from her, being kept hungry, being shouted and sworn at

anonymous
09-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Is not taking her to movie also cruelty ? Please prove with quranic or hadith references

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Alpha Dude
09-07-2014, 06:39 PM
Please look up the definition of cruelty.

Muhaba
09-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Watching movies is haram to start with (for various reasons, some of which are: it has pictures, it has music, you look at non-mahram members of the opposite sex - often wearing unislamic clothing, etc.). It is also a waste of time and mostly depicts unislamic things such as violence and extra-marital relations, mixing of the sexes, portraying unislamic environments and situations, etc. The same goes for soap operas. So how can refraining from a haram thing be used as grounds for divorce?

I think the wife blackmailing the husband in such a way may be used by the husband as grounds for divorce.

ardianto
09-07-2014, 10:43 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...ls-cinema.html

I wish you are not the guy who made the thread above.

Ali Mujahidin
09-08-2014, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I want to know whether not watching soap opera with wife can be considered as cruelty and grounds for divorce in islam ?
Is this a trick question or is this a joke? Seriously speaking, if you are married to a woman who spends her time watching soap opera, then I strongly recommend that you do not contest the application for divorce.

Yenzin
09-08-2014, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali Mujahidin
Is this a trick question or is this a joke? Seriously speaking, if you are married to a woman who spends her time watching soap opera, then I strongly recommend that you do not contest the application for divorce.
Bt why? soap opera cause fitna in home and destruction

anonymous
09-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Soap was just used an example of what many women watch The question is whether not joining in a wife's favorite pastime is considered as cruelty in relationship and not fulfilling her emotional needs and thus valid ground for divorce

Muhaba
09-08-2014, 09:15 PM
Maybe you should both see a counselor figure out where the problem is. Either you aren't spending enough time with your wife or your wife has some emotional problems.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!